By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The prophecy of John, aka Apocalypse, aka End of the World.

WagnerPaiva said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
See, all the stuff on your list that did end up becoming true, wasn't exactly supernatural or odd in the slightest. As humanity progresses, there will most likely be numerous times where social or political things happen that we once thought never possible. Maybe ten thousand years into the future we will have everyone living under one goverment, it doesn't mean anyways predictions TODAY are significant or amazing in the slightest.

I agree that PROBABLY nothing mentioned in the Book will be acomplished by simple magic miracles. It will be by natural means, even the eventual release of outter dimensional beings.

The book talks about the veil of reality being thorn and sights yet unseen becoming visible. This, if it becomes reality, will be acomplished by some new tech, disaster or man made portal.

I just don't really believe in the bible so probably everything that happens in real life that happens in it will be coincidence.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I agree that PROBABLY nothing mentioned in the Book will be acomplished by simple magic miracles. It will be by natural means, even the eventual release of outter dimensional beings.

The book talks about the veil of reality being thorn and sights yet unseen becoming visible. This, if it becomes reality, will be acomplished by some new tech, disaster or man made portal.

I just don't really believe in the bible so probably everything that happens in real life that happens in it will be coincidence.

I hear you. And, to be fair, right now we can argue either way. But if the portals, the one world currency and government become a thing, that would be a hell of a coincidence..

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I think that Trump is actually a North-Korean spy. He's currently building a giant pudding factory in the Sahara desert. The world will be flooded by pudding and humans will go extinct.

Flilix said:
I think that Trump is actually a North-Korean spy. He's currently building a giant pudding factory in the Sahara desert. The world will be flooded by pudding and humans will go extinct.

What a way to go, pudding... It will probably be delicious for a while, but, in the end, not good.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Flilix said:

What a way to go, pudding... It will probably be delicious for a while, but, in the end, not good.

Everyone will die of obesity.

Around the Network

So, why does the revelation has to be true and not some other story about the end of the world from other religions? Why does it have to be christianity?
Thank God i am an atheist and don't have to bother with this nonsense.

I can make a prediction that will certainly happen to every living organism on this planet. They will all die sooner or later. And this planet, even this solar systen will cease to exist.

Oh and, what you do is known as confirmation bias.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Ah, I knew who posted this in advance. Ridiculous stuff until proven otherwise. I haven't read the thing, but every single thing I've heard about it is either vague enough eventually cover something or too ridiculous to ever happen.

1. Could become reality eventually but not in the near future.

2. The internet is a wonderful thing.

3. Simplifies trade, and almost guaranteed to happen if world government ever becomes a thing. Not happening in the near future though.

4. What? No. If anything, religions are all going to disappear. Some beast-worshipping religion isn't going to take over the world.

5.  Two ways this could happen: Christians are, at some point, considered terrorists or otherwise dangerous, or another religion takes over the world and practices tyranny of the majority. Both are unlikely. The first is possible if Christianity ever becomes a marginal thing and the remaining Christians are bigots.

6.  Climate change seems awfully real, and the population of the world is growing all the time. It's not a good combination. At this rate, this will happen sooner or later, but I'm confident we'll come up with something.

7. What else? Ghosts? I'm not even going to take this one seriously unless evidence says otherwise.

8. It's possible, but not in practically anyone's interests.

9. See #7.

WagnerPaiva said:

So, I had a grand grandfather who once told me the book of Revelation is not supposed to be read.

Believe it or not, this opinion was common like 100 years ago.

Why?

Because the Book of Revelation, aka Apocalypse, was embarassing to christianity.

It was so absurd, so out of touch and time, that it was shameful to talk about it.

John was considered by many critics, just a senile lunatic raving about fever dreams while he wrote Apocalypse.

Example, the book mentioned Israel many many times, the country...

And, of course, ISrael no longer existed...

However, in 1948 Israel became a nation once again. Then, the book of Revelation suddenly became less and less weird.

So, let us list some of the prophecies in the book:

1 - One world government under one leader (not yet acomplished)

2 - Worldwide transmission of images and sound live (in place)

3 - One single currency for the whole world, mark of the beast (in talks right now)

4 - One world religion that adores the Beast (in talks)

5- Concentration camps to kill christians (not yet acomplished)

6- Environment disasters that cause famine (not yet acomplished)

7 - Opening of dimensional portals that bring strange dangerous creatures to this realm (not yet acomplished)

8- Worldwide conflict and war (not yet acomplished)

9 - Return of Jesus Christ as a super powerful warrior with supernatural powers (came as a lamb, returns as a lion prophecy).

Could the parts about outer dimensional monsters one day become as common place as the tv and internet mentions?

Could maybe CERN be the gate to the abyss mentioned in the book?

Could some disaster bring about the one world governmente predicted by John, the apostle?

Could indeed a worlwide ban on christianity take place someday?

To me the Book of Revelation is the most fascinating piece of writting that ever existed, specially because tons of verses once thought ridiculous suddenly become reality as time passes.

Discuss.

You need to rember that a) the world view of an Israelite in the time following the death of Christ was very limited (didn't know America, Australia existed, perhaps once heard of China in the passing, probably not) b) much of what they *did* know was conquered by Rome, the empire being at the hight of expansion.

From their perspective, one "world" government with common currency, common language, 1 leader (it's an empire), persecution of christians (already in place) and worshipping of "Satan" (which was literally any religion except their own for the jewish people of the time) all seemed much more likely than it is today. Famine and war was also much more frequent at the time, and dimensional portals are as much part of fiction nowadays as they were at the time. 

So no, I don't really see it.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Ka-pi96 said:
Peh said:

So, why does the revelation has to be true and not some other story about the end of the world from other religions? Why does it have to be christianity?
Thank God i am an atheist and don't have to bother with this nonsense.

I can make a prediction that will certainly happen to every living organism on this planet. They will all die sooner or later. And this planet, even this solar systen will cease to exist.

Oh and, what you do is known as confirmation bias.

It's the "everybody is wrong except me" principle

Certainly. Even christianity in itself is uncertain on the intepretation. Hence the huge amount of different branches.

If God would've written a guiding book, he wouldn't made people question it in what is written in it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years. What makes this specific prophecy any more valid than the countless others.