By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 11th - 17th Sept 2017

Carl2291 said:

Kerotan said:

So Carl is he talking nonsense?  Should be be mocked.  After multiple attacks on my character I'm glad it didn't take long for someone with the same opinion to show.  And for the record there are lots more like us with the same opinion.  

If Kyuu starts to argue about how the Switch has to match 3DS and Wii U combined to continue to be a success for Nintendo, then yeah, the chances are that he will be mocked for talking nonsense.

There was no attack on your character, I just said that what you were saying was nonsense. Give your head a shake.

Now this is nonsense. Because I've clarified on multiple occasions that the Switch doesnt need to beat this combination of consoles to be considered a success.  

But certain people including yourself continue to ignore this point time and time again. 

Like are you going to continuing ignoring it even after I just clarified again? I'll repeat it one more time just incase.  

The Switch being a success is not dependent on it outselling the consoles it's succeeding (Wii U + 3DS). 

Teeqoz said:
If the Switch isn't the successor of the 3DS as well as the Wii U, is it just getting a mainline Pokémon for the lulz?

Companies often say that things that aren't totally true (Nintendo did say the DS wasn't a successor to the GBA...). They can't just outright say that the Switch will replace the 3DS while the 3DS is selling perfectly well, but we are still allowed to apply a little bit critical thought to what Nintendo or any other company says, right?

The Switch being a successor to the 3DS and the Wii U does not mean it needs to outsell them combined to be a success (though I think it will), because neither the 3DS nor the Wii U were particularly successful for Nintendo in terms of profit. The 3DS did well enough unit-wise, but Nintendo had to bleed a lot to achieve that, which deeply affected their bottom line. They don't have to do the same with the Switch because the Switch is a much better value proposition than the 3DS was at launch, so Nintendo's bottom line will be much more postively affected by the Switch than the 3DS could manage.

Glad to see yer another person agreeing with me. And there are many more like you. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Wait.....we're going so far in this Kerotan argument we're actually going to DENY that the Switch is a 3Ds replacement?

.... lol

Come on. Let's use legitimate points. Can't be that hard to peg Kerotan.

Yes people continue to deny it's replacing the 3DS. We will laugh in years to come when we remember these times. 

Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

And i'm wet

... wait, that didn't come out right!

Too late! The fact that you got wet talking about kerotan will now forever be a part of VGC history

Jesus imagine what he'd be like if I returned to my scantily dressed sexy king Kerotan avatar.. . 

Farsala said:
Jranation said:

Then the first 6 months:

I have 1 3DS, and 1 Wii U = 2

I have 1 Switch = 1 

I like to compromise since Switch is hybrid but isn't 2 consoles.

So 3DS+Wii U/2 = Switch

Ex for WW:  70m 3DS+ 12m Wii U/ 2= 41m

Should be easy for Switch, so we could raise the ratio in 3DS's favor since at least 45m+ 3DS owners don't own a Wii U.

This is a good take and an idea I'd get behind.  So now I've 2 comparisons I'm interested in. Switch vs 3DS/Wii U.  And Switch vs 3DS+WiiU/2

NintendoPie said:
What the hell is this thread anymore.

It's one of the most active hot topics on Vgchartz.  You're welcome!

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Farsala said:

Edit: heck Dengle is the one that said Vita 2017>Wii U 2016, which is where I got the idea. Gonna correct him in this Media Create Thread?

Ah. Usually I’m overly conscious of specifying whether I’m discussing regional or global sales in NPD and MC threads, but it slipped my mind this time. I had been explicitly discussing global sales comparisons in one post, then in the next carried on talking about the Vita globally without realizing it. My mistake. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway it’s not doing well in Japan though as I said it does still get some releases. But that’s not unusual for Sony systems.

Not a problem, though I just assumed that you meant Japan only since its MC thread and that would make the statement true.

Stardoor must have assumed the opposite.

Not surprising it isn't doing well anymore, was a failure and is soon to be in its 6th year.  Quite a lot of time for a failure, but we have the lack of  a successor from Sony  to blame for that. Hopefully PS4 and Switch surpass it in sales soon.

For the record I consider “(3DS + Wii U)/2” even more random and less insightful than the simple sum.

How about we measure it against (XBO squared)/SNES - WiiU

Farsala said:

Not a problem, though I just assumed that you meant Japan only since its MC thread and that would make the statement true.

Stardoor must have assumed the opposite.

Not surprising it isn't doing well anymore, was a failure and is soon to be in its 6th year.  Quite a lot of time for a failure, but we have the lack of  a successor from Sony  to blame for that. Hopefully PS4 and Switch surpass it in sales soon.

Well as long as we’re just looking at Japan, I suppose it did alright there. It carved out a respectable niche for itself. As a platform it seems to be winding down.

From Hiska-san.  Look at that beautiful gap grow.  Ps4 is doing great and is going to make a pretty big lead for itself over the next 6 months. 

Kerotan said:

From Hiska-san.  Look at that beautiful gap grow.  Ps4 is doing great and is going to make a pretty big lead for itself over the next 6 months. 

What else than Monster Hunter World is a big app killer for the Japanese in the upcoming months? It'll be very interesting to see how it performs.

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
Kerotan said:

What else than Monster Hunter World is a big app killer for the Japanese in the upcoming months? It'll be very interesting to see how it performs.

Pokémon, Super Mario Oddysey.

Teeqoz said:
Mbolibombo said:

Wasnt aware those were on the PS4 ;P

Mbolibombo said:
Teeqoz said:

Wasnt aware those were on the PS4 ;P

You never said ps4 technically, hence what he posted lol

Kerotan said:

Now this is nonsense. Because I've clarified on multiple occasions that the Switch doesnt need to beat this combination of consoles to be considered a success.  

But certain people including yourself continue to ignore this point time and time again. 

Like are you going to continuing ignoring it even after I just clarified again? I'll repeat it one more time just incase.  

The Switch being a success is not dependent on it outselling the consoles it's succeeding (Wii U + 3DS). 

I feel that these 2 posts and the moderation handed to you by CGI-Quality highlight your true intentions when talking about this issue, and why so many people are quick to shout you down.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8529386

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8529402

A lot of people see through it, and it was previously mentioned by other users in this thread. This is why you get shit for what you say and why nobody really believes a word that comes out of your keyboard on your true intentions when discussing Switch, Wii U and 3DS.

Edit - Let's add a couple more from that thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8529488

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8529438

Again, people repeatedly call you out for a reason.

Is this the most popular mc thread we had in a longvtime? 25+ pages crazy xD