By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 11th - 17th Sept 2017

Kerotan said:

Glad to see yer another person agreeing with me. And there are many more like you. 

Yes people continue to deny it's replacing the 3DS. We will laugh in years to come when we remember these times. 

It's not necessarily you counting it as the successor to the 3DS that is the problem (I also consider to be the successor to both the Wii U and 3DS), it's the way you go about doing it, your tone, and your intentions.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Mbolibombo said:

Wasnt aware those were on the PS4 ;P

You never said ps4 technically, hence what he posted lol

Well the poster I was quoting was talking about PS4...

Mbolibombo said:
tbone51 said:

You never said ps4 technically, hence what he posted lol

Are you sure? Check again

Mbolibombo said:
Kerotan said:

From Hiska-san.  Look at that beautiful gap grow.  Ps4 is doing great and is going to make a pretty big lead for itself over the next 6 months. 

What else than Monster Hunter World is a big app killer for the Japanese in the upcoming months? It'll be very interesting to see how it performs.

Ps4 doesn't really get a lot of big killer apps.  It's more it gets a ton of medium to small sellers.  

Next year we'll have MHW,  Dynasty Warriors 9 and Kingdom hearts 3 probably. The likes of red dead 2 could do good aswell.  

We'll also get games for summer and fall next year that are not announced.  

VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:

Glad to see yer another person agreeing with me. And there are many more like you. 

Yes people continue to deny it's replacing the 3DS. We will laugh in years to come when we remember these times. 

It's not necessarily you counting it as the successor to the 3DS that is the problem (I also consider to be the successor to both the Wii U and 3DS), it's the way you go about doing it, your tone, and your intentions.

My intentions are to compare consoles to the previous gen.  I'm an avid sales fan.  Before the Switch launched i followed ps4 vs PS3 on a weekly basis.  I've remained consistent and done it for the switch.  I can see people are paranoid though and think it's trolling.  

tbone51 said:
Mbolibombo said:

Are you sure? Check again

I was talking about PS4 beating the ps3 aligned 

Carl2291 said:
Kerotan said:

Now this is nonsense. Because I've clarified on multiple occasions that the Switch doesnt need to beat this combination of consoles to be considered a success.  

But certain people including yourself continue to ignore this point time and time again. 

Like are you going to continuing ignoring it even after I just clarified again? I'll repeat it one more time just incase.  

The Switch being a success is not dependent on it outselling the consoles it's succeeding (Wii U + 3DS). 

I feel that these 2 posts and the moderation handed to you by CGI-Quality highlight your true intentions when talking about this issue, and why so many people are quick to shout you down.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8529386

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8529402

A lot of people see through it, and it was previously mentioned by other users in this thread. This is why you get shit for what you say and why nobody really believes a word that comes out of your keyboard on your true intentions when discussing Switch, Wii U and 3DS.

Edit - Let's add a couple more from that thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8529488

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8529438

Again, people repeatedly call you out for a reason.

I have in the past specifically said it needs to beat them to succeed but also in the past and present I've obviously said it doesn't.  In fact I've said it doesn't many more times then not.  

And the last few weeks I've changed my tune to it doesn't.  it can't be laid out any clearer then that.  

And those posts are nowhere near as bad as you sound.  For a man who regularly sites context,  you are ignoring the context here. 

Post #1 

Doesn't even mention it's not a success.  Even says sales are excellent. 

Post #2 

An overly negative post but again never says it's not a success and even says they're healthy. 

Post #3

I'm just talking sense so not sure why that was listed. 

Post #4 

Actually on second reading this talks sense aswell.  I said it only needs to sell 20m to be successful and even went as low as 15m. 

So what exactly are you calling out here?  I've said it more often then not that beating 3DS+Wii U is not a requirement to be successful.  so in hindsight I actually believe I used to say it had to beat them but those posts don't show it.  Maybe I've started to believe the lies people regularly talk about me on here,  when they re write my history.  Is there actually a case where I say it has to beat them? 

And I look forward to your reply to @kyuu because he's making a very valid point. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
VGPolyglot said:

My intentions are to compare consoles to the previous gen.  I'm an avid sales fan.  Before the Switch launched i followed ps4 vs PS3 on a weekly basis.  I've remained consistent and done it for the switch.  I can see people are paranoid though and think it's trolling.  

Yes, you're such an avid sales fan that you think Vita is in the same generation as PS3, and PSP is in the same generation as PS2: Something which literally no one else has ever argued, because it is universally agreed upon that Vita is 8th gen and PSP is 7th gen.

StarDoor said:
Kerotan said:

Yes, you're such an avid sales fan that you think Vita is in the same generation as PS3, and PSP is in the same generation as PS2: Something which literally no one else has ever argued, because it is universally agreed upon that Vita is 8th gen and PSP is 7th gen.

I never said I was a very good sales fan.  I just always in my head assumed psp to be the ps2 gen because back then my friends were playing psp while I played the PSP.  

I've never taken part in any discussions on that topic so this is the first time I'm seeing people say otherwise. 

So what exactly are you trying to achieve here with this reply?  

Anyway this is turning into an anti Kerotan shit show. Here's something useful to the thread.

Famitsu digital estimates for August
DQXI 3DS: 11k
DQXI PS4: 32k
Undertale PS4: 30k
Undertale PSV: 15k
DQX (PS4, I assume?) 21k for retail, 18k for digital
DQII and III (PS4): 15k for both

What did they estimate DQ11 for July?

DQXI is almost at 1.5 million with digital ( retail 1343k + digital 145k).

So in total 1488k according to Famitsu.  2 more weeks? 

Anyway since this thread is still up I wanted to post this. 

"Every weekend, Nintendo Switch lotteries are still taking place across the country. Japanese Twitter user Kaztsu reported this morning 1388 people lined up for a Switch lottery at Bic Camera Akihabara for 100 units, and 478 people lined up for a Switch lottery at SoftMap Akihabara for 170 units."

Source. I reccommend you read more if you are interested

There is still massive shortages in Japan. Looks like we should expect bigger numbers in the future

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Kerotan said:
StarDoor said:

I never said I was a very good sales fan.  I just always in my head assumed psp to be the ps2 gen because back then my friends were playing psp while I played the PSP.  

I've never taken part in any discussions on that topic so this is the first time I'm seeing people say otherwise. 

So what exactly are you trying to achieve here with this reply?  

It's meant to highlight why people think you're trolling. Every time you're misinformed about something, it's in a way that makes it easier for you to make a pro-Sony and anti-Nintendo narrative. If Vita goes with PS3, then Sony's performance this generation looks a lot more impressive: It means 7th gen was a huge decline in both handheld and home console sales, but at least PS4 is improving from the previous home console. Of course, Vita is 8th generation, so the real story of this gen is Sony losing a huge amount of handheld customers, a deficit that cannot be compensated for even with more home console sales.

Then there are the double standards. You've been very open about putting together 3DS and Wii U sales, so you clearly think that those two consoles are in the same generation. But then you turn around and claim that Vita doesn't go with PS4. This is in spite of the fact that 3DS released BEFORE Vita.

So, why would 3DS be 8th gen, and Vita be 7th gen in your eyes?

Answer: Because if you compare 3DS + Wii U versus Switch, it's a harder comparison for Nintendo than Wii U versus Switch or 3DS versus Switch. Therefore, you pick the comparison that makes Nintendo look worse.

On the other hand, if you only compare PS3 to PS4, it's an easier comparison for Sony than PSP+PS3 versus PSV+PS4. Therefore, you pick the comparison that makes Sony look better.