By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If someone told me in 2016 that LA Noir, Skyrim, Doom and Wolfenstein and a new Square RPG are coming to the Switch, yet Megaman, Disney Afternoon, Okami HD are not I would't believe it

Mar1217 said:
Ljink96 said:
Fuck Crapcom....jk. At least we're getting RER 1 and 2 from them. But Wolfenstein really surprised me. That was one of the last games I would have expected to see on this direct. Nintendo has really stepped up their game this generation. A total 180 from Wii U. And Octopath's demo is amazing. Sony can have Secret of Mana as an exclusive, I'll take this anyday.

All my yes !!

Funnily enough it's not even exclusive. Isn't the SNES getting stocked to 2018, and that has the superior 2d graphics?

Around the Network

I wouldn't call that third party support for NS just yet but it is a start.

FloatingWaffles said:

It's pretty ironic how a lot of the developers and companies that have supported Nintendo a lot in the past even when they had a horribly performing system like the Wii U, are barely supporting the Switch so far when it's being a massive success, with games that should easily be on the Switch such as Okami HD not even being released on it. 

Yet on the complete opposite of that currently a lot of the companies that have hardly supported Nintendo systems for a while now like Rockstar and Bethesda are already releasing more games on it such as L.A. Noire, DOOM, Wolfenstein II, Skyrim, etc.

I mean, Bethesda is releasing THREE games on the Switch within its FIRST YEAR. (If Wolfenstein 2 comes out at latest in March 2018, that is).

I've said it before that it makes sense that a lot of companies would have a 'wait and see' approach about the Switch after seeing how the Wii U turned out, but at this point it just seems dumb for certain games not to be released on it when it's been showing for months now that the Switch is selling extremely well and games are selling on it. Like what are companies like Capcom even doing. 

Bethesda releases about 3 games every five years. So look forward to 2022 for the next batch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

collint0101 said:
I really don't understand how Capcom can be this dumb when it comes to their switch support.

FloatingWaffles said:

It's pretty ironic how a lot of the developers and companies that have supported Nintendo a lot in the past even when they had a horribly performing system like the Wii U, are barely supporting the Switch so far when it's being a massive success, with games that should easily be on the Switch such as Okami HD not even being released on it. 

Yet on the complete opposite of that currently a lot of the companies that have hardly supported Nintendo systems for a while now like Rockstar and Bethesda are already releasing more games on it such as L.A. Noire, DOOM, Wolfenstein II, Skyrim, etc.

I mean, Bethesda is releasing THREE games on the Switch within its FIRST YEAR. (If Wolfenstein 2 comes out at latest in March 2018, that is).

I've said it before that it makes sense that a lot of companies would have a 'wait and see' approach about the Switch after seeing how the Wii U turned out, but at this point it just seems dumb for certain games not to be released on it when it's been showing for months now that the Switch is selling extremely well and games are selling on it. Like what are companies like Capcom even doing. 

I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo may be the one suggesting these things.  Like, how TF is Switch getting these M rated and T rated games with suggestive themes before those colorful, cutesy experinces?  Capcom's bringing Resident Evil Revelations 1&2 but not so many others?  Square's bringing Octopath - one of those T rated experinces - but no Secret of Mana - the much more colorful, kid friendly looking game?

I honestly think this is part of Nintendo's continued efforts to rebrand.  They aren't just doing adults in ads and trailers, they're delivering games they believe adults want to play.  Granted, classics like Megaman and DisneyAN appeal more to older fans but still.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I think Publishers have done some research and expect the Switch to continue to sell well and need software. Also many of the publishers are American and the Switch has been very successful in the US. On their doorstep its clear the Switch is doing well. Perhaps if the Switch had been successful in Europe but lower sales in the US it would be different. There is still risk though. We don't know how these games will sell. Perhaps the success of Streetfighter for example was because it is a nice portable friendly game. Maybe these more ambitious titles won't be received as well.

Around the Network

That seems oddly specific for a title, I guess it is strange that it gets some games, but doesn't get others, but it's like that for pretty much every console.

pokoko said:
I think people are beginning to understand that it's not about some kind of silly grudge from decades ago, it's about starting strong and working to form mutually beneficial business partnerships.

Yeah, that grudge from ages ago was mostly the reasoning of people explaining the wrongdoings of Nintendo. Obviously it has more to do with the prospects of selling games. And look, you can even port a technical powerhouse like Doom to a weaker platform. It was never about Nintendos consoles being too weak or 3rd-parties holding a grudge, it was always about 3rd-parties selling worse on Nintendo-machines.

I don't know what is different this time, that explains the changes. Maybe that console games can be taken on the go. On the other hand, this was already the thing of the Vita, and we all saw where this lead. But seemingly stuff is different, if already multiple indies declared their strongest sales on Switch and japanese companies told their test-games were successes.

In this environment Capcoms actions puzzles me even more. Capcom had good relations in the past and it is proven that Resident Evil and Monster Hunter sell on Nintendo-machines. Why Capcom is somewhat reluctant is beyond me. maybe that changes if Revelations is selling well.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

How Switch continue to sells good and instal base is growing, we will have more and more 3rd party announcements, next year we will have much more than we having this year.

Bethesda do seem to really like the platform I think they're really determined to establish themselves with the userbase as if they manage that it could mean an extra 2-3m of sales for their franchises in future, well played to them they're putting in actual strong effort and not telling consumers this is a test for future support like some other companies.

Nintendo needed someone to step up from the Western devs and go to bat for them at least minimally, if it's Bethesda (of all studios) that would be a pleasant addition.

Square-Enix needs to tip in favor of the Switch moreso too. FFXV Switch Edition, FFVII Remake, KHIII Switch should happen.

Then Nintendo would be in a solid position, but people also need to do their part and actually buy these games. Granted there is stronger incentive to do so on Switch because you can play these games portably on it.