By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If someone told me in 2016 that LA Noir, Skyrim, Doom and Wolfenstein and a new Square RPG are coming to the Switch, yet Megaman, Disney Afternoon, Okami HD are not I would't believe it

I can see KH actually happening tbh.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

There need to be more IP than just the "well you would expect this on a Nintendo system" type stuff though. So that's why Bethesda support is important, mainline Final Fantasy would be the bigger get for Nintendo. 

Soundwave said:
Wyrdness said:

There need to be more IP than just the "well you would expect this on a Nintendo system" type stuff though. So that's why Bethesda support is important, mainline Final Fantasy would be the bigger get for Nintendo. 

Not really tbh I'd say Bethesda games sends a bigger message because the likes of ES and Fallout in future have equal to larger draw for the mainstream and are well outside the games you expect, FF would just be a returning franchise that would be more of a nice surprise but not the type of game you wouldn't expect. Switch will have a fair amount of RPGs with the likes of DQ, SMTV and Tales already announced for it it's the western style games that are the bigger win for Nintendo games like what Bethesda brings and the likes of games like The Witcher because these draw in the crowd in the west where the harder battle is for Nintendo.

pokoko said:
I think people are beginning to understand that it's not about some kind of silly grudge from decades ago, it's about starting strong and working to form mutually beneficial business partnerships.

It has nothing to do with a grudge. It's the reason of whether what they make can sell and what type of hardware nintnedo is putting out. Nintnedo got a lot of shovel ware last gen because western third party publishers could not port most of their games and Most were less than enthusiastic about having to create original content for a platform were third party is notorious for not selling as well.

It's starting to have a decent third party support.

Nothing great, but decent. But it's a big improvement from WiiU, and even 3DS.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I think people are beginning to understand that it's not about some kind of silly grudge from decades ago, it's about starting strong and working to form mutually beneficial business partnerships.

Yes. And we still have to see if there's an audience on the Switch userbase for those games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I really could see Doom and Wolfenstein pushing consoles for parents. If you're a parent currently just get your kid a 3ds or buy a PS4 and download Minecraft. But now Switch has so many advantages for both adults and kids(sorry for the stereotyping)

It really ups the versatility of gift giving in the holiday.

I'm seriously just considering just buying Switch for each my siblings and their families with games to round out their tastes.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Meelow said:

Seriously, who would of thought Nintendo would be getting actual third party support after the Wii U in Switch's first yet, hopefully it stays and improves even more!

I would have thought.

Though I'm still not convinced this means anything. Switch 3rd party support is still demonstronably worse than the Wii U's first year.

If I was told such things in 2016, I would have simply considered such a theory to be pure fanboy-ism xD this is one of the biggest improvements I've seen by Nintendo, with respect to their typically insular business practices. They have a long way to go, but this is the biggest step in the right direction in a long time.

It's a start but nothing to write home about just yet. A lot of what you listed are ports of games that are already released on other platforms. Hopefully, things are just getting started though.

4 ≈ One