By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you agree on a pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

A pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

Avoid loss of human lives at all costs! 128 28.64%

NK will never use those w... 147 32.89%

We should stop them befor... 71 15.88%

We should stop NK before NK causes a tragedy. 101 22.60%

Total:447
CaptainExplosion said:
DonFerrari said:
Nuke the NK HQ.

Their HQ is only a small fraction of their landmass. If that were all we needed to take out, we could just send in troops instead, then have them tear off fatties head and put it on display.

And we're the good guys? When we get satisfied seeing someone decapitated and their head put on dispay?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

I didn't even bring up the "communist pigs" part myself But it shows just what he thinks of the North Korean civilians I guess, he doesn't view them as humans, he views them as pigs so it's OK to kill them.

Because they're conditioned to hate us, so there's no point trying to save them. Do you even realise how stupid "Saving your enemy." sounds? That'd be like if the Navy Seals found Osama just so they could save him from heart failure.

Besides, the more you hate your enemy, the easier it'll be to stop them without a second thought.

It is silly with not really any proof, every North Koreans that made it to south Korea are not talking about hate against US but how they hope friends/family will get free one day.  North Korea is changing aswell and Kim knows , in the worst case he hopes for an attack so he can use it as proof.

Personally I see that the South Korean population doesn't want it and I prefer that we do what they want and not handle on our own.

CaptainExplosion said:
Yes, only because it's gotten to the point where we have no other options.

North Korea needs to die.

What gives you the right to be worse to the North Korean people than even their own leader is?

CaptainExplosion said:
Zkuq said:
As soon as the US is the country to suffer the most from the war, go ahead. Obviously I'm excluding North Korea, and it should also be obvious that such a war is highly undesirable if it has a reasonable chance of further escalation (in practice, this means with China or Russia).

Well what do you propose we do, nothing? We're running out of time here.

South Korea and possibly Japan would take most of the damage caused by the war - a war started by the US, mainly because of its own foreign interests. There's no need to do anything because North Korea isn't going to do anything unprovoked. The moment North Korea uses a nuclear weapon, the regime is done for. North Korea can use a nuclear weapon only as a deterrent and nothing else. As much as North Korea sucks, it's not much of a threat. It might become one to South Korea if South Korea is left to stand alone, but right now, it's not happening.

Wyrdness said:
A pre-emptive strike would prove North Korea right and throw politics into chaos for decades, for all you know they may just be beating their chest to try and negotiate better terms for themselves. If you strike at them first and they really do have H-bombs they not only could retaliate in a destructive manner but in a political sense they'd argue that they're defending themselves, the's also the issue that such a conflict will also empower the west's problems in the militant groups they're still battling.

You know that this is bullocks right? On war the one that lose will always be the war criminal to be judged doesn't matter what each side done or who started.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Wyrdness said:
A pre-emptive strike would prove North Korea right and throw politics into chaos for decades, for all you know they may just be beating their chest to try and negotiate better terms for themselves. If you strike at them first and they really do have H-bombs they not only could retaliate in a destructive manner but in a political sense they'd argue that they're defending themselves, the's also the issue that such a conflict will also empower the west's problems in the militant groups they're still battling.

You know that this is bullocks right? On war the one that lose will always be the war criminal to be judged doesn't matter what each side done or who started.

Funny because Iraq lost and everyone involved has been a villain of that since, Blair, Bush etc... This isn't the dark ages where you write your own history any more the whole world is more aware of shit going on.

Blair has desperately rallied against Corbyn despite being the same party because the latter said a wrongful invasion requires a war crime trial.

If the US strikes first then it would only serve to drag China into the conflict and maybe Russia. It's probably best we let Fatboy have his way; I honestly don't believe they'll ever use the weapons and if they do they'd be totally annihilated in 20 minutes.

Ka-pi96 said:
If all Americans are like certain ones in this thread... then it sounds like North Korea are the ones who should be doing a pre-emptive strike!

It's what happens when those calling for a war will gladly fight it from the safety of these forums, all fun and games until a H-bomb hits the west coast in retaliation. Some of them have seen too many reruns of delta force.

If you wanna get in a war with China then sure go for it.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

CaptainExplosion said:
konnichiwa said:

It is silly with not really any proof, every North Koreans that made it to south Korea are not talking about hate against US but how they hope friends/family will get free one day.  North Korea is changing aswell and Kim knows , in the worst case he hopes for an attack so he can use it as proof.

Personally I see that the South Korean population doesn't want it and I prefer that we do what they want and not handle on our own.

So we can only just sit back and keep giving him freedom to be a fat piece of shit because life's not fair?

After the invade Iraq thing yes, so long South Korea does not want we should not act on our own.