By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you agree on a pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

A pre-emptive strike against North Korea?

Avoid loss of human lives at all costs! 128 28.64%

NK will never use those w... 147 32.89%

We should stop them befor... 71 15.88%

We should stop NK before NK causes a tragedy. 101 22.60%

Total:447

With all the constant threatening from North Korea of nuking the US and our allies and recent apparent successful test of a hydrogen bomb, I was wondering what would be the position of people here that come from differnt countries regarding the idea of attacking and trying to stop NK's dictator before any possible use of such nuclear weapon happens.

The questions are as follow:

1) Are you ok with the US and Co. doing a pre-emptive strike against North Korea in an effort to stop this constant threat? If you say no, why?

2) If you think that a preemptive attack against NK should be avoided at all costs, what would be your position in a possible scenario where the procrastination of an intervention there results in North Korea striking first?

I'm polling this motherfucker so poll will be up soon.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

1. No, because the threat is greatly exaggerated, it will involve a lot of innocent deaths, and the United States would be doing it with their own interests in mind rather than out of pure benevolence.

2. I highly doubt this will happen, as North Korea would lose their deterrence, as they'd be showing that they'll attack either way. If North Korea strikes first, they'll get destroyed, end of story.

CaptainExplosion said:
Yes, only because it's gotten to the point where we have no other options.

North Korea needs to die.

I agree, but I don't agree to this option.

1) I don't believe in a US led pre emptive strike. I'd rather South Korea, Japan, and China do a pre-emptive strike without too much US or Russian intervention.
2) North Korea won't attack first, but it is clear they are gaining more power and more bombs.

I want a nuclear war to break out.

Around the Network

People will die regardless. Do we want Kim Jung Un and the miserable NKoreans to die, or do we want him to possibly attack SK/Japan (or both) and have the US nuke them?

This is a very difficult and ethical question where we have to decide who should (and shouldn't die). It's a situation that's far from simple, so anyone discussing the topic should keep an open mind.

That's all.

monocle_layton said:
People will die regardless. Do we want Kim Jung Un and the miserable NKoreans to die, or do we want him to possibly attack SK/Japan (or both) and have the US nuke them?

This is a very difficult and ethical question where we have to decide who should (and shouldn't die). It's a situation that's far from simple, so anyone discussing the topic should keep an open mind.

That's all.

That's assuming that large-scale conflict is inevitable.

No, China would object. NK gotta do something stupid enough to make China abandon it.

CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

I agree, but I don't agree to this option.

Right now it's them or us. For too long they've been practically putting a gun to our head and bragging about how they're going to pull the trigger.

A pre-emptive strike on those nuclear communist pigs is self-defense. Just make sure to hit fatass himself first.

No, it's not. It seems to me that people are conditioning themselves to believe that it is inevitable in order to condone mass death, by saying that it was going to happen any way. Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me.

VGPolyglot said:
1. No, because the threat is greatly exaggerated, it will involve a lot of innocent deaths, and the United States would be doing it with their own interests in mind rather than out of pure benevolence.

2. I highly doubt this will happen, as North Korea would lose their deterrence, as they'd be showing that they'll attack either way. If North Korea strikes first, they'll get destroyed, end of story.

The thing though is that nobody knows exactly what NK's Kim wants, but some of the previous demands from NK are that the US leaves the region and that NK wants an unified Korea.

If de-escalating the situation is entering negotiations that lead the US to leave there, nothing is stopping NK from threatening an invasion of the South by menace of nuclear warfare.

I am all up for negotations that will make this Kim guy happy and stop with the threats, but if what he wants is for the US to disappear from the region and gain power there and maybe even allow China to have more power there, that would be bad for our allies and I doubt the US will agree to any of it.

So I suppose the only answer would be to not do anything, get used to threats and hope for the best.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1