By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japanese losing interest in Switch due to shortage.

Ka-pi96 said:
Surprised they hadn't given up sooner. Really don't understand why people would rather waste their time standing in lines to probably come home empty handed, when if they just wait a year or two they could walk in to any shop and easily pick one up (at a cheaper price too).

People just need to be more patient.

I hear the lines are actually fairly fun, and they're loaded with 3DS owners who play various games to pass the time.

I mean, it's still a line, but it has almost becoming a community unto itself lol

Around the Network

Even Europe and UK store (some not all) have sold-out stock.

Japan was more re-active and embrace it full power. Long q waiting creates hype news....
5 people complaint create the opposite news... I think this is just a news article with no a lot of foundation...

frustrating? yes, true? less so.

Switch!!!

Xen said:
I really wonder as to why anyone would be frustrated and overreact in such a way. It's a game system. It's a luxury. Unless you have absolutely nothing else going on in your life, you can wait.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to "gamers" over the last 20 years. lol

AlfredoTurkey said:
Xen said:
I really wonder as to why anyone would be frustrated and overreact in such a way. It's a game system. It's a luxury. Unless you have absolutely nothing else going on in your life, you can wait.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to "gamers" over the last 20 years. lol

"Whiny bitches" rather than "gamers", I'd say.

They'll give up actively looking for one. Makes sense. But the moment they see one, they'll buy it. They aren't saying they will never buy one ever, it's just they're sick of wasting their time.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
But, but, ... Nintendo artificially creates this shortages to INCREASE demand!

Yeah, man. The shortages happen.... because nintendo is so incompetent...I meant because nintendo has a hard time predicting demand.... that they haven't figured out how to not have to shortages since the NES. 

There's no way nintendo is using scarcity marketing to help sell their products..... even though they do timed sales, limited run products, limited special editions of products, had repeated shortages over a wide range of their products and...... turned digital DLC (no shortages because it's digital) into toy-like figurines that give you access to exclusive DLC which.... somehow had shortages all the time. 

gul·li·ble  (gŭl′ə-bəl)

adj.

Easily deceived or duped.

Aeolus451 said:
Mnementh said:
But, but, ... Nintendo artificially creates this shortages to INCREASE demand!

Yeah, man. The shortages happen.... because nintendo is so incompetent...I meant because nintendo has a hard time predicting demand.... that they haven't figured out how to not have to shortages since the NES. 

There's no way nintendo is using scarcity marketing to help sell their products..... even though they do timed sales, limited run products, limited special editions of products, had repeated shortages over a wide range of their products and...... turned digital DLC (no shortages because it's digital) into toy-like figurines that give you access to exclusive DLC which.... somehow had shortages all the time. 

gul·li·ble  (gŭl′ə-bəl)

adj.

>makes a sarcastic comment that's supposed to highlight a non-existent issue

>can't seperate limited run items from main products

>copy pastes a definition 

>uses a Justin Timberlake reaction gif

>has a political sig

>i'm using arrows

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Aeolus451 said:

gul·li·ble  (gŭl′ə-bəl)

adj.

>makes a sarcastic comment that's supposed to highlight a non-existent issue

>can't seperate limited run items from main products

>copy pastes a definition 

>uses a Justin Timberlake reaction gif

>has a political sig

>i'm using arrows

So you have no comment then?

Aeolus451 said:

So you have no comment then?

Of substance? No, not really. 

Such for Japanese people that want it. I'm assuming this continuing stock-issue is madly annoying to Nintendo. Here in Holland at least, it's not as bad. Scarce, but kind of hit and miss. Seems one store is sold out while the next still has a few. Zelda's sold out everywhere all the time though. Switch version, stores have the WiiU version in spades.