By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Reviews - 85 Meta (47 Reviews) - 84 Open (37 Reviews)

Playing through it now, so far so good.
Without spoilers, this game is certainly one of a kind.

Around the Network

Seems the site I write for was more critical than most with our Rabbids review.. (It wasn't me I swear! :P)

But we pride ourselves on being particularly critical on our reviews.. I also feel most of our staff leans heavily in the PC/hardcore gamer side of things. I'm probably the biggest Nintendo fan on the site (though I still try to be objective when I review Nintendo games and don't let bias get in the way).

Personally though, at least based off my 30 min E3 demo for Rabbids, and all the footage I've seen, I would have probably bumped the score up at least a half a point higher than what our staffer gave it, but you know what they say about opinions... And he obviously played much more of the game than I did, so who am I to say he's wrong. I actually offered to review it myself but my editor informed me without having played XCOM games I might not be the best source.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Not bad. I was a believer from the start. Glad they got a nice little spinoff that looks charming and interesting. Well done Ubisoft

my copies just arrived but to be honest - I cant leave Splatoon 2 alone at the minute, there's another Splatfest this weekend and i'm down to 8 sea snails so I need to dedicate the weekend to that.

I'm also really enjoying Human Resource Machine at the moment, its a decent little game.

Have my copy next to me at work. (strange that the physical is 15% cheaper here than digital).

Can't wait until my children go to bed so I can try it out tonight.

Around the Network

Got my copy, played for about an hour, so far so good, the music is great and the jokes too

Green098 said:

Slant Magazine gave this a 90 ...and they gave Botw a 60

Better than BotW, wow I better get this then.

caffeinade said:
Green098 said:

Better than BotW, wow I better get this then.

There are always people who like X game better than Y game for whatever reasons, that's how opinions work! I wont be surprised if I end up liking this game more than BotW, it's in a genre and has characters I like better (the Mario characters, not the rabbids).

-Lonely_Dolphin

Green098 said:

Was it the same reviewer?

I love this game!

It really is a X-Com light, with colour (and when I say X-Com light I don't mean it in a degradory way).