By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Reviews - 85 Meta (47 Reviews) - 84 Open (37 Reviews)

Ugh I hate when someone makes a review praising a game to the heavens and at the end they give it just an average score, it doesn't make any sense, looking at you IGN

Around the Network
twintail said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

9/10 or higher. Nintendo wouldn't let it get developed otherwise. The person at the head of development for this reveres Nintendo, and considers this the single most important work of his life. He nearly teared up when this was revealed at E3. Ubisoft has probably sent a review copy out to every possible outlet on the planet. It could wind up being like reviews for TLG where even Time magazine reviews it. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Ultimately I'll consider any score of 80/100 or higher a success.

so which is it?

I was predicting 90, but sayiing that 80 or greater would still make it a great game. My prediction was off by 5 points so far. 

Nautilus said:
Funny to compare how the game was first received back when it leaked, with how it is now being reviewed.

The concept was indeed horrible.So glad we were all wrong!

I made it.

I was really rooting for this game ever since E3. The devs were super cute and did a great job. I'll pick it up at the end of the month.

Einsam_Delphin said:
So Ubisoft is better at making Mario RPGs than Nintendo themselves confirmed! It's kinda sad but hopefully this'll make Nintendo wake up. Regardless, can't wait to finally play another Mario RPG tomorrow, it's been so long!

-Lonely_Dolphin

What are you talking about, the Mario & Luigi games on GBA Ds and 3ds are highly rated with games like Superstar saga (getting a remake now), Bowsers inside story, and Dream Team

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Nautilus said:
Funny to compare how the game was first received back when it leaked, with how it is now being reviewed.

The concept was indeed horrible.So glad we were all wrong!

I definitely was like "wtf?" when it was first announced, now I can't wait to purchase 

Oh, me too.I was like "what did Nintendo and Ubisoft smoking?"

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

TorterraBoy said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
So Ubisoft is better at making Mario RPGs than Nintendo themselves confirmed! It's kinda sad but hopefully this'll make Nintendo wake up. Regardless, can't wait to finally play another Mario RPG tomorrow, it's been so long!

-Lonely_Dolphin

What are you talking about, the Mario & Luigi games on GBA Ds and 3ds are highly rated with games like Superstar saga (getting a remake now), Bowsers inside story, and Dream Team

I imagine he is still mad about Color Splash, a game he never played cause it wasn't a "real" RPG

SuperNova said:
I was really rooting for this game ever since E3. The devs were super cute and did a great job. I'll pick it up at the end of the month.

There's something about seeing super passionate devs that make a person want to give the game a chance even when you were being super cynical moments before lol

With how much this clearly meant to them, I'm glad it's panning out. You can really see the effort that went into this; I'd honestly say this captured the Nintendo/Mario aesthetic and charm better than any 3rd party dev I can think of... you'd almost think Nintendo made this themselves.

Mar1217 said:
Johnw1104 said:
Can't remember the last time I preordered an Ubisoft game before the reviews came out. May never have happened lol

Seems like Ubisoft Milan have a their way to make great content in comparaison of their NA counterpart which got stale real fast. Wasn't it the studio who did Rayman Legends too ?

Ah well if they are then I should have expected as much, I absolutely loved Rayman Legends on the Wii U and plan to get it again for the Switch.

Mar1217 said:
Johnw1104 said:

Ah well if they are then I should have expected as much, I absolutely loved Rayman Legends on the Wii U and plan to get it again for the Switch.

Does Rayman Legends has a load of content ? Cuz the demo made me fall in love with the game so I'm kinda on the fence now to buy it.

If you want to unlock everything it will indeed take a lot of work and replayed levels. The music stages alone would be enough to sell me on it to be honest lol

I don't actually know what else the Switch version will add, but apparently it DOES add some things.