By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Welfare said:

If librarian were to come here to clear the air about last month while having the intention to share numbers, got mocked, and still shares them here, that would be a better response than what I would give. 

Let's not assume someone will leak, is all I'm getting at.

Considering bananaking's less than warm welcome I would agree. 

Around the Network
librarian13579 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Well this is NPD, so I'm talking the US. It's still very hard to find here.

Just go to Nintendo World! They always have them in stock. All you have to do is move to New York City like me. Sounds simple, right?

Last I checked they aren't in stock In the Nintendo world store.

Will we get any numbers this month? xD Will the companies release any PR? If so, when? I'm really curious.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Will we get any numbers this month? xD Will the companies release any PR? If so, when? I'm really curious.

If the Switch was no.1, which it most likely was, then Nintendo will probably put out a statement in a few days or after the media release on Thursday. If the PS4 was no.1, Sony won't say anything.

When do we get PR statements?
(*sigh used to be "when do we get numbers"*)

Around the Network
Welfare said:
NintendoPie said:

Earlier in the thread librarian alluded to possibly leaking numbers in response to bananaking's mocking.

If librarian were to come here to clear the air about last month while having the intention to share numbers, got mocked, and still shares them here, that would be a better response than what I would give. 

I just got July 2017 NPD numbers in from my contact. So I *could*, theoretically, share some of them with you guys right now, so you wouldn't have to wait for Thursday's PR for someone to maybe say something maybe.

Here are my thoughts on the matter:

(1) There are NPD goons crawling all over NeoGAF now and, as history has demonstrated to us in the past, NPD goons have no qualms going on leaker witchhunts and making people's lives hell if they keep leaking. So I really don't know if it's worth poking that hornet's nest if the data's just going to get posted there.

(2) You're right, I don't like being mocked. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I just came here specifically to help.

(3) If Jal356 can still share numbers and I can act as a "number verifier" because the mods verified me, it would cause far less stress on me than being an active leaker people rely on. I'm an extremely busy person, and I don't want to create any expectation that I'll just swoop in and share a bunch of numbers every month.

So I'm asking you guys...what would you do if you were in my shoes? Because I'm conflicted.

April 30th, 2011 - July 12th, 2018

librarian13579 said:
Welfare said:

I just got July 2017 NPD numbers in from my contact. So I *could*, theoretically, share some of them with you guys right now, so you wouldn't have to wait for Thursday's PR for someone to maybe say something maybe.

(1) There are NPD goons crawling all over NeoGAF now and, as history has demonstrated to us in the past, NPD goons have no qualms going on leaker witchhunts and making people's lives hell if they keep leaking. So I really don't know if it's worth poking that hornet's nest if the data's just going to get posted there.

(2) You're right, I don't like being mocked. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I just came here specifically to help.

(3) If Jal356 can still share numbers and I can act as a "number verifier" because the mods verified me, it would cause far less stress on me than being an active leaker people rely on. I'm an extremely busy person, and I don't want to create any expectation that I'll just swoop in and share a bunch of numbers every month.

So I'm asking you guys...what would you do if you were in my shoes? Because I'm conflicted.

Give me the numbers in a pm and i will post it  for you. 

I'am  not on neogaf soo they can't  ban me or whatever. 

Just make sure  people  on here know i got it from you.

As myself  i wont  put your name when i share the  numbers.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Ehh, fuck it, I'll just post them.

*NO CROSS-POSTING TO NEOGAF PLEASE BECAUSE OF NPD GOONS*

July 2017 games market: $540 million (+21.3%)

NSW + PS4 comprised $182 million (+28.7%) of hardware and $183 million (+17.9%) of software

July 2017 NPD Hardware:

NSW: 222K

PS4: 217K (+34.7%)

3DS: 105K (-44.3%)

July 2017 NPD Physical Software:

PS4: 2299K (+52.0%)

NSW: 736K

3DS: 384K (-49.2%)

Splatoon 2 is #1 for new title physical units at 332K

April 30th, 2011 - July 12th, 2018

Gongratz switch, ps4 amazing numbers 34% up yoy

Xbox  one?

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

librarian13579 said:
Welfare said:

If you want to share numbers, you should slightly change them, just give rounded values.

Edit : Ah, already posted XD