By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

librarian13579 said:

Ehh, fuck it, I'll just post them.

*NO CROSS-POSTING TO NEOGAF PLEASE BECAUSE OF NPD GOONS*

(/^-^)/~   thank you.

Im surprised the difference between the NSW & PS4 is so small, I thought the Switch would take this month by more.

PS4 is still putting up a fight.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Slarvax said:
Wow, the 3DS is down YoY? I'm guessing PoGo released last July... Switch stock still low in the US (I think it sold 280k in Japan last month, so we see where Nintendo's priorities are). And now I have no doubt PS4 will be up over 2016.

Thanks Librarian, now let's see what happens on Thursday.

I'd honestly wait for official PR. These numbers seem very weird. Switch is flat despite Splatoon 2 launch and Nintendo saying they would ship more. Splatoon also seems very low... the first one sold about the same across all regions, and Switch has sold 2x times more in US when compared to Japan. It's all very weird. In any case, Nintendo should release an official statement soon. 

Switch is flat because June was a 5 week month, while July was 4 weeks. So it had a higher average number sold per week.

I still have no doubts Nintendo will have PR release. They had so much released last month, plus the legs of other Switch games.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
LipeJJ said:

I'd honestly wait for official PR. These numbers seem very weird. Switch is flat despite Splatoon 2 launch and Nintendo saying they would ship more. Splatoon also seems very low... the first one sold about the same across all regions, and Switch has sold 2x times more in US when compared to Japan. It's all very weird. In any case, Nintendo should release an official statement soon. 

Switch is flat because June was a 5 week month, while July was 4 weeks. So it had a higher numbet sold per week.

I still have no doubts Nintendo will have PR release. They had so much released last month, plus the legs of other Switch games.

215K / 5 = Switch sold 43K per week in June

222K / 4 = Switch sold 56K per week in July

April 30th, 2011 - July 12th, 2018

librarian13579 said:
Slarvax said:

Switch is flat because June was a 5 week month, while July was 4 weeks. So it had a higher numbet sold per week.

215K / 5 = 43K per week in June

222K / 4 = 56K per week in July

And from the Japanese sales data, Nintendo only started shipping a higher volume after Splatoon 2 launched. So the first two weeks of July were likely 43k as well, while the next two were around 68k.

Anyways, thank you so much for the numbers!

librarian13579 said:
Slarvax said:

Thanks for the numbers, Librarian! May I ask what the Xbox One sold, as well? If you wish to keep that private, I fully understand.

Around the Network

Thanks for the numbers.
How did the XBO do?
I'm shocked how close the PS4 and Switch are. PS4 is having a great year. The Switch shipments is definitely not in a good position and with Apple coming out with 3 new iPhone models this year things aren't looking to good for the switch.
Very surprised by the low sales of Splatoon 2. Was at least expecting over 500k.

Ariakon said:
librarian13579 said:

Thanks for the numbers, Librarian! May I ask what the Xbox One sold, as well? If you wish to keep that private, I fully understand.

We can figure out how much the XB1 sold when Donny puts up the prediction rankings since we know the exact numbers of 2 of the 3 consoles.

Seems like PS4 is still growing

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Aura7541 said:
Ariakon said:

We can figure out how much the XB1 sold when Donny puts up the prediction rankings since we know the exact numbers of 2 of the 3 consoles.

True, no big deal then. I'd rather Librarian keep themselves protected from NPD ninjas.

Thanks librarian!

So I was close on Switch before getting bullish thanks to Japan's performance in the final week. ;(

Did XB1 sell below 100K was did 3DS just sell more units than it? Pretty sad at either outcome.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287