By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 31st Jul - 6th Aug 2017

hiska-kun said:
VGPolyglot said:

But I didn't propose a number, or say which was bad. I merely said I thought the PS4 would be higher than the Switch.

But being higher or lower means nothing. If Switch restock was only 20k (since Switch is selling everything shipped) then it means PS4 would have met your expectations with the same sales. On the other side if Nintendo had managed to ship 100k this week, it would have meant that PS4 sold far below your expectations.

Just saying you were expecting lower or higher than Switch, it can't be used as a value to measure sales expectations

Thanks, that's pretty much I was getting at.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Switch is going to whup the PS4 in Japan in the long term, why people really are trying to push this as any kind of "race" is beyond me. PS4 is at 5 million after almost four years on the market and already has mainline FF and DQ entries used up ... Switch will destroy that number. 

When they realize this, they will move the goalpost to "Japan is not an important market, its sales are bad".

It's just how these people are... 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

People are arguing over a week's worth of sales in Japan?

For what it's worth, congrats on the sales, nintendo.

LipeJJ said:
Soundwave said:

Switch is going to whup the PS4 in Japan in the long term, why people really are trying to push this as any kind of "race" is beyond me. PS4 is at 5 million after almost four years on the market and already has mainline FF and DQ entries used up ... Switch will destroy that number. 

When they realize this, they will move the goalpost to "Japan is not an important market, its sales are bad".

It's just how these people are... 

Most people pushing this race are not Sony fans. You're not going to see many Sony fans shifting the posts on this one. We are mainly comparing it to the ps3 last gen. That's its barometer for success. How it sells vs a hybrid is irrelevant.

People would probably compare it with other traditional home consoles like Wii u and xb1 but we seen how they ended up so what's the point .

NintendoPie said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Lol@ those console war people and those " nintendomination.

I gues there forgetting ps4 is stil waay ahead+ alsmost 4 years old.

And yes in the end switch will hopefully outsell ps4 at least in japan.

Worldwide switch is in a galaxy far far away from being " dominant "

But it's funny to read.

Aren't you guilty of "SONYDOMINATION"-type posts in other Media Create threads? If you laugh at others, at least also laugh at yourself.

Noo? I always  compliment  both  Nintendo  and  sony. 

The only  2 hardware  creators  that matters.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

The Switch is still supply constraint in Japan despite the massive sales in the last three weeks. That is ridiculous and sorta reminds me of the DS days except smaller obviously. I can easily see the Switch be in the Top 3  best selling platforms of all time in Japan if this keeps up. 

Also about the console wars people. It is everywhere. People will always try to compare consoles it is human nature. However we live in a relative calm period of console wars right now. It was MUCH WORSE in 2008- 2011. The PS3 vs 360 was a sight to behold. People would brag about 1k gaps in worldwide sales. Also the Wii was doomed every year.  https://web.archive.org/web/20100606040943/http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=109863 . Word link doesn't work for some reason. You people should be grateful not to be on this site during that time. 

Also the console wars are going to get much worse. Right now people are comparing an 8th  generation console to a 9th generation console. That was like comparing PS2 sales to 360 sales in 2006. When the PS5 and Xbox 4 come out it will be much much worse. You best build a tolerance now because console wars will be everywhere by the year 2020.  

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Kerotan said:
guiduc said:

Please, we wouldn't want you to miss a round of that Rainbow Six game of yours.

Busy invading and hacking people on watch dogs 2 now! 

gentii said:

NINTENDOMINATION!!! 

Nintendo Switch #1 with 60k+
Nimtendo 3DS @ #2 with 60k+

Sony PS4  #3 53k 

Long Life to The Third Place :)

Haha ok buddy. Do yourself a favour and don't look at WW sales. You won't like them xD

NINTENDOMINATION!!! 

Nintendo Switch #1 with 60k+
Nimtendo 3DS @ #2 with 60k+

Sony PS4  #3 53k 

Long Life to The Third Place :)

Moderated - think-man

Still a good week all round. Great holds for everyone

So what are the next big games after DQXI for the PS4?

GT sports in fall?
Monster Hunter Next year
Kingdom Hearts
DQB (multi)
FFVII 2019

NoCtiS_NoX said:

So what are the next big games after DQXI for the PS4?

GT sports in fall?
Monster Hunter Next year
Kingdom Hearts
DQB (multi)
FFVII 2019

FFVII is coming to PS4? News to me!

And this thread smh lol