By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 31st Jul - 6th Aug 2017

Shadow1980 said:

I've finally gone back and filled in all my spreadsheets with 2017 MC data that I've neglected to record. Here's some charts I've updated.

First is the comparison of home systems (and the Switch, which is kinda-sorta a home system):

Also, here's some PS4 vs. PS3 comparisons, which I haven't done in a while:

One think to take into account with the above two charts is that the PS3 and PS4 launched in diferent times of the year, the PS4 in March and the PS3 in November. Here they are aligned to the first full Q4 in weekly sales:

Nice graphs! Very interesting! The PS3 and PS4 seem to be continiously trading places.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

I've finally gone back and filled in all my spreadsheets with 2017 MC data that I've neglected to record. Here's some charts I've updated.

First is the comparison of home systems (and the Switch, which is kinda-sorta a home system):

Also, here's some PS4 vs. PS3 comparisons, which I haven't done in a while:

One think to take into account with the above two charts is that the PS3 and PS4 launched in diferent times of the year, the PS4 in March and the PS3 in November. Here they are aligned to the first full Q4 in weekly sales:

Excellent graphs. PS4 has performed nicely since the introduction of the slim and pro. Last years december sales were great. Hopefully it can match or even exceed them this year. PS4 vs PS3 was an insanely close battle. PS4 won it and now it will excell and create a nice lead for itself. 

VGPolyglot said:
outlawauron said:

That isn't a number. Switch > PS4 alone doesn't mean good or bad for either console.

But I didn't propose a number, or say which was bad. I merely said I thought the PS4 would be higher than the Switch.

But being higher or lower means nothing. If Switch restock was only 20k (since Switch is selling everything shipped) then it means PS4 would have met your expectations with the same sales. On the other side if Nintendo had managed to ship 100k this week, it would have meant that PS4 sold far below your expectations.

Just saying you were expecting lower or higher than Switch, it can't be used as a value to measure sales expectations

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Double  post,sorry.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Lol@ those console war people and those " nintendomination.

I gues there forgetting ps4 is stil waay ahead+ alsmost 4 years old.

And yes in the end switch will hopefully outsell ps4 at least in japan.

Worldwide switch is in a galaxy far far away from being " dominant "

But it's funny to read.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Is there a version of this with the first two or three weeks cut out? I think it would be better if there is a version with the launch weeks cut out, at least until a platform hits 300k on a non-launch week.

It's great as is, though.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

xl-klaudkil said:
Lol@ those console war people and those " nintendomination.

I gues there forgetting ps4 is stil waay ahead+ alsmost 4 years old.

And yes in the end switch will hopefully outsell ps4 at least in japan.

Worldwide switch is in a galaxy far far away from being " dominant "

But it's funny to read.

Aren't you guilty of "SONYDOMINATION"-type posts in other Media Create threads? If you laugh at others, at least also laugh at yourself.

Hiku said:

*Switch outsells PS4 by 1 unit*

NINTENDODOMINATION!!!!

*PS4 outsells Switch by 1 unit*

SONYDOMINATION!!!!!!

But I'm prettier.

Switch is going to whup the PS4 in Japan in the long term, why people really are trying to push this as any kind of "race" is beyond me. PS4 is at 5 million after almost four years on the market and already has mainline FF and DQ entries used up ... Switch will destroy that number. 

Nice to see Dragon Quest do really well

Good numbers for the Switch and Splatoon 2 as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]