By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 31st Jul - 6th Aug 2017

Goddamn, DQ is tearing it up over there! Let's hope it sells well in the West as well. Switch with yet another solid week, its expected success in Japan continues.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

FFVII is coming to PS4? News to me!

And this thread smh lol

The remake where were you?

And you are back how's your prediction coming along?

NoCtiS_NoX said:
tbone51 said:

FFVII is coming to PS4? News to me!

And this thread smh lol

The remake where were you?

And you are back how's your prediction coming along?

"The joke"

Your head!

Its coming to PS6 in maybe 2025 if we are lucky lol. And my predictions are either coming off great or completely off the mark. Just depends on which ones we are talking about

killeryoshis said:

Also the console wars are going to get much worse. Right now people are comparing an 8th  generation console to a 9th generation console. That was like comparing PS2 sales to 360 sales in 2006. When the PS5 and Xbox 4 come out it will be much much worse. You best build a tolerance now because console wars will be everywhere by the year 2020.  

I have been thinking that a lot. People are comparing Switch to PS4 where PS4 is from 8th and Switch is a 9th generation. It's like WiiU never existed. Some people just need to grow up though. Being sensitive over exaggeration. 

Anyway, with Switch doing good in Japan will send a signal to Sony and that will make Sony hopefully focus in Japan here on out because so far that is their weakest market even wth FF and DQ, RE 7, MGS, Yakuza, Persona has been released. 
Means more awesome game to look forward to if you love Japanese games.

*when people bring Worldwide sales in this thread

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
killeryoshis said:

Also the console wars are going to get much worse. Right now people are comparing an 8th  generation console to a 9th generation console. That was like comparing PS2 sales to 360 sales in 2006. When the PS5 and Xbox 4 come out it will be much much worse. You best build a tolerance now because console wars will be everywhere by the year 2020.  

I have been thinking that a lot. People are comparing Switch to PS4 where PS4 is from 8th and Switch is a 9th generation. It's like WiiU never existed. Some people just need to grow up though. Being sensitive over exaggeration. 

Anyway, with Switch doing good in Japan will send a signal to Sony and that will make Sony hopefully focus in Japan here on out because so far that is their weakest market even wth FF and DQ, RE 7, MGS, Yakuza, Persona has been released. 
Means more awesome game to look forward to if you love Japanese games.

Highly doubtful.  While Japan is still a decent market, it's a shadow of its former self, at least where home consoles are concerned.  Last gen, the highly successful Wii didn't even crack 13M, just ~2.2M ahead of the expensive PS3. And the highly successful PS4 is most likely going to, at best, match the Wii.  A far cry from the 23M PS2, and ways off from the 17M SNES and 19M NES/PS1.

While Sony will put enough focus on it to keep those sales going, Japan is far from their main focus.

Ka-pi96 said:
Switch stock finally sorted?

Great hold for DQ11/PS4/3DS too! Finally Japan sales are looking good again

I never jumped on the "Japan doesn't want consoles anymore" bandwagon. Really, we were supposed to believe that they would rather play Candy Crush? Come on.

Sony just had to get their act together and get Japanese games on their consoles. Nintendo just had to release a consoles that people actually would want to buy, because the Wii U wasn't what consumers wanted. 

Mummelmann said:
Goddamn, DQ is tearing it up over there! Let's hope it sells well in the West as well. Switch with yet another solid week, its expected success in Japan continues.

1.5-2M PS4

1M Switch port

0.5M 3DS

in da West

Orchestral OST and voice acting is a must tho!

Jranation said:
*when people bring Worldwide sales in this thread

The guy was acting crazy about ps4 being third and Nintendo #1. I was just pointing out that if he's so happy with their domination in Japan he won't be happy with ww sales where Sony dominates. Pretty simple really.

NoCtiS_NoX said:

So what are the next big games after DQXI for the PS4?

GT sports in fall?
Monster Hunter Next year
Kingdom Hearts
DQB (multi)
FFVII 2019

Is dw9 this year? 

There will be a lot of 100k+ sellers like FIFA, pes, the evil within 2, destiny 2, battlefront 2, cod ww2, everybody's golf uncharted lost legacy, trials of the cold steel, rdr2 etc etc

thismeintiel said:

Highly doubtful.  While Japan is still a decent market, it's a shadow of its former self, at least where home consoles are concerned.  Last gen, the highly successful Wii didn't even crack 13M, just ~2.2M ahead of the expensive PS3. And the highly successful PS4 is most likely going to, at best, match the Wii.  A far cry from the 23M PS2, and ways off from the 17M SNES and 19M NES/PS1.

While Sony will put enough focus on it to keep those sales going, Japan is far from their main focus.

The thing about this is the Switch. They cannot just let Nintendo have a free ride in Japan. Yes. you are correct it's a shadow of its former self but Japan is still a strong market for games. 

If Switch explode in Japan it will have ton of support and it will be harder for Sony to have a counter measure. Japan is still an important market. Doesn't mean they will focus in Japan they will ignore the west. PS4 on the west is already on the bag all they have to do is maintain it. GT will be big in EU. Future is very bright with Last of us 2, Spiderman, Days Gone and God of War.

Asia is also gaining marketshare. China, Korea and SEA. Malaysia had a PS experience recently and it shows that they want to expand more in Asia and Japanese games is needed there. 
Yakuza  had a strong sales in Asia and I read somewhere that Sega wants the next Yakuza have a english translation ready to maximize the sales for Asian market.