Collection

Game of the Year

Megaton

Noob

Flop

Definitive

Confirmed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Rumor

Exposed

"innovation"
"Awesome"

To quote the Xbox ads/conference:

"E X C L U S I V E"

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Game of the year

noob

exclusive

definitive edition

special edition

game of the year edition

(insert word) edition

Around the Network

"Free to Play"

This is the defenition of developers trying to "abuse" gamers with words.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Not to pick on CGI right now, but looking at top topics made me think of the two that I probably hate the most that are grossly overused.

EPIC
HYPE

How about the word "game" used as a verb? Game is not a verb, it's a noun.

Casual games and hardcore gamers, easily. People use "casual" to describe games which are not at all casual. A casual game is one designed for short play sessions over a very long period of time, months to years.

Hardcore gamer isn't even a real thing. It's more or less a pretentious term certain gamers apply to themselves to try and elevate their status, because they don't like admitting to being a couch potato.

Another one is "athlete" that certain gamers like to call themselves, to make themselves sound like Michael Jordan instead of Poindexter.

I also think genre labels are abused.

People use "First Person Adventure" to try and dignify an FPS over others.
People will use "RPG" as a label to action titles, this is mostly true with certain Nintendo fans who wanted to play RPGs, so instead of buying them on another platform, they just decided that Zelda and Metroid are RPGs instead.
The use of "open world" as a label for non-open world games just because they have a big map.

I even saw a video recently that called Super Mario Odyssey a sandbox game like Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress.

On this forum "Bold prediction" - again, just a pretentious euphemism when it should be: uneducated prediction.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

ArchangelMadzz said:
The word 'exclusive' has been butchered and killed.

Also calling a game innovative when there are examples of other games with the same 'innovations'

This came into mind

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/888/537/9ac.jpg

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf