By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most abused words in gaming

Saying something is Generic or Overrated. For such a fun hobby people sure love being negative.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
Kiddie
Frame-Rate
Cinematic

We're looking for "abused" words, not just words you don't like.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

caffeinade said:
  • Fanboy

Oh.

I'm surprised no one said HD / True HD / Full HD yet.

During the PS3/360/Wii gen everything was about it.

Oddly, many of the best selling games on that generation were 480p Wii games or sub-HD ports of PC games on the HD Twins.

spemanig said:
caffeinade said:
  • Fanboy

Oh.

Shameless plug, I love it.

Also, a well written piece. 

Around the Network

beat..

"gimmick" has been abused to death.

When someone calls somethings a "gimmick" just because it's something remotely different from the norm, really annoying.

Captain_Yuri said:
GG / Good Game

99% of the time I see this get used is when one team rolls the other team.

Totally agree. GG has been utterly destroyed over the years that it's become as common as "hello" when interacting with a person/group. It's lost all meaning that people end up using it even when they outright lost or outright won.

I've also noticed that while everyone parrots "GG", whenever someone like me breaks that circle with "bg", I'm instantly met with "lol salty" and other typical insults, as if they hate their parroting cycle being broken.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Graphics
Cinematic
Fanboy
PC
MASTER
RACE

Jpcc86 said:
Graphics
Cinematic
Fanboy
PC
MASTER
RACE

I couldn't help but notice 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"