By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most abused words in gaming

CleggaZ said:
local coop
splitscreen
Expansion pack
conquest mode

All things I wish where the Most abused words in gaming since then it would mean they where more common.

Well, they could just add cheap, garbage versions of these things.

I for one am looking forward to the sheep expansion in the latest CoD...

Around the Network

I'm really tired of "spiritual sequel" or "spiritual successor." Let's call it what it really is: A knockoff.

Also calling a game an "experience," ugh...

Exclusive
Overrated
Best (or greatest)
Worst
Hype (I use it a lot tbqh)

Top 0.1% player

Git gud

Hype(train)

Pre-order

Season Pass

Iconic(Ubisoft)

Deluxe Edition/Gold Deluxe Edition/Premium Edition

Games as a service

Microtransactions("Premium currency" ; "loot box system")

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Ka-pi96 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

There is a difference in formal an informal. My fiancee has a fucking masters in English... it's not a verb lol. But, use it as you want.

Well the Oxford dictionary even used video gaming as an example of its use as a verb, and well... that`s the most English dictionary there is. Maybe you yankees are different but... meh

I think people should use whatever version of language their country uses. 

Around the Network

Totally gonna sound like an old man here...but "LOL" is one of the most annoying things I see written, gaming or otherwise. Whenever I see posts littered with it I just vomit inside my mouth. It either make you like a hyperactive fool, or just are trying to be annoyingly facetious.

I mean really...it takes two more characters to write "Ha ha" which at least doesn't make you sound like a freaking idiot.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

"Over rated"
Meaning, other people enjoyed something more than I did. The world should confirm to me.

Exclusive is definitely the most abused. No contest.

I'm not even sure what it means anymore in a gaming sense. It's just PR spin. In fact all the insults gamers throw at each other are nothing when compared with the words used in ads/reveals/promotions etc "Experience" is another one that gets thrown around like nobodies business.

EPIC. the game is EPIC. the world is EPIC. story, EPIC. one of my most hated words now.

Hi

Halo killer. It has killed itself now.
Walking simulator