By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most abused words in gaming

Kiddie
Frame-Rate
Cinematic

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Why (insert game ) is not on Switch?

SvennoJ said:
irstupid said:
Any Tech terms (4k, fps, ect)
Exclusive
GOTY

It can be funny asking someone about a game these days. Say I know nothing of a game, I would ask and be like "Is this game good" and the response I would get back would be like "Oh yea, its an amazing exclusive for this system. It runs in 4k checker boarded with antialiasing and 60 fps locked. It's easily a GOTY."

I'm sitting here like, "okay, that tells me nothing"

It spills over, how many GOTG and GOATs have we had already this gen.

Casual is also abused to describe anything that's not a 60 hour rpg or multiplayer fest.
I don't even know what a cusual game actually is anymore.

Related to casual, Hardcore is used in some silly ways.

When I started gaming, hardcore was used to describe those people who played a game or games excessively.  Now, people try to label games or genres themselves as "hardcore" or use it to insult another fanbase, even when that fanbase is filled with casual players, like CoD or GTA.

Innovative
Cinematic
Immersive
Third person shooter

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Overrated

Around the Network

GOTG/GOAT (Game of the generation/game of all time)
Innovative
Exclusive
Checkerboard

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

"best" "better"

consumer friendly

Hunting Season is done...

GG / Good Game

99% of the time I see this get used is when one team rolls the other team.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Casual

Hardcore

Real Gamer

Kiddie

Innovative

Cinematic