By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Monster Hunter XX Switch version is another test to evaluate our support for Switch

Darwinianevolution said:
DonFerrari said:
In case anyone doesn't know all products are released "as test", they will all be evaluated on how they fared and impact future releases...

On the specific case, people were thinking Capcom would put ridiculous expectations on SF2 call it a failure and say they won't release more things on Switch.

I would bet even Capcom executives know a little more than you guys on how to make money and run a company. So if they are using this game as another test (probably because it's another genre where they want to look at the market), putting little money in ports and gauge how much they shall invest in bigger projects in the future.

SO shill out and wait for the good sales of this port and another claim that Capcom is increasing support for Switch, just as they done after the success of SFII.

For anyone questioning why X1 and PS4 doesn't get reports of any company testing the userbase the sales of most MP there against the normal on Nintendo platforms is self evident, so stop playing the victim.

How? Monster Hunter XX Switch is a Japan only game, a remaster of a game that has sold almost two million units already over there, and that one is also a revision of a game that has sold almost 3m units already. How many times do you think the japanese are going to buy the same game in such a short amount of time, specially considering the hardware bottleneck is worse in Japan than anywhere else?

Yes, and Capcom basically know all that. And read the rest of the post.

If they are expecting like 100k or what would be reasonable for a port on this condition and sell 50% more that is a good measurement.

Just someone on an agenda to complain about Capcom would think they are thinking "unless this shit port sells 3M in Japan we won't ever release another Switch game".

HintHRO said:
It's not like every Capcom game on the X1 or PS4 does exceptionally well, yet they make all their AAA games for at least one of these consoles. How can you predict sales of your future games on Switch based on two crappy overpriced ports? It stuns me how people working in the marketing/gaming business for years still have no idea what they're talking about.

Good thing I ignored the Switch hype. Maybe in 3 years it will have a reasonable line-up that makes it worth buying.

Everything can be used to gauge if you know how to threat the data. It's safer to release 2 cheap ports and evaluate the success than to compromise on an AAA exclusive payed solely by you. Or has Nintendo gone to them and offered money for they to develop an exclusive?

Nintendo themselves keep very safe but you guys want to complain on 3rd parties like they own anything to Nintendo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Aw, come on Capcom. Switch hardware sells well, the old Street Fighter port sold well, everyone knows MonHun sells well in japan, especially on handhelds. Are they serious. The real test is MonHun World nobody knows which direction it will sell. And MonHun Worlds is an expensive new title, while MonHun XX is a cheap port of an enhanced edition. So Capcom should look at World as a test much more than this.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm beginning to really dislike Capcom. They're a small step from becoming the next Konami in my mind.

What is there to evaluate???
The Switch is CLEARLY a success and the next big thing in Japan, replacing the 3DS! Starting to get real sick of your shit, Capcom!

Lol they are just trying to force Switch owners into buying this. If mhxx bombs they will still support the Switch.. And in Japan it's pre orders are terrible so far.

Around the Network

the problem is that that much people bought USF2 which only emboldens them

I just wonder what are they going to do with the Ace Attorney franchise....

Xen said:
I think it's cute how only Nintendo's home consoles get this "evaluate" treatment. And by cute, I mean "hilarious".
At least it's MonHun, the chance of low returns with this thing is quite small..

To be fair, Nintendo is only big hardware company that has ever had this issue where even the most popular third party titles simply do not sell well, especially if those titles are offered on competitor platforms. It's become an established fact that the majority of people who buy Nintendo hardware only buy Nintendo software. Cant blame third parties when neither they nor Nintendo have any control over that. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Stop with these assumptions based off of poor translation work. Switch support was long in the tooth because Capcom actually had direct input with the development of the system. They're no test happening, large companies don't make knee jerk reactions like this.

Shameless...... "upto consumers to support us, or we wont give you anything".
WTF? you have that backwards... you make something good, and consumers will support you.

Really PR trying to guilt trip people, maybe into buying something they dont want, in the hopes maybe one day you make something they want?

Thats a new low.

F*** off Capcom marketing.