By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's causing the delays in chart updates?

I can't be the only one noticing the lag, right?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Switch isn't even part of the graph on the main page yet.

This site lost it years ago with the numbers.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I know, the updates were actually being pretty good and consistent a few weeks ago, but it's been almost an entire week since we got the UK weekly update for July 17th.

You must be pretty new here.

Around the Network

Basically we need Brett to place a little more trust in machina. I can understand he wanted to ease him into doing ioi's old jobs and didn't want to hand him full powers right away. But machina has proved he's the man for the job and should be thrown into the deep end. It would increase the productivity of the updates big time.

Machina said:
Partly my fault, partly Brett's.

I fucked up the latest chart I was working on (the next German chart) by making a rookie error. If an error is made in an unpublished software chart then it needs to be completely reset so that I can start again from scratch. What's causing the delay? Well Brett is the only one who can reset the charts and I've been waiting all week for him to do so but he still hasn't.

So that's the reason for the hold-up, and I've been kicking myself about it all week because I know if I need to request a reset it can take anything from 24 hours to a fucking week for Brett to actually do something. As soon as he responds to me and resets the chart I can get back to doing a chart or two every day.

So yeah, sorry guys... :(

It's ok I think it's seems that a lot of people here are used to a wait when it comes to the sites numbers anyways lol. Any chance when everything is sorted the charts will be updated at a bit of a faster pace to catch up for the lost time?

It's been like this for 2 years or so now. Numbers aren't really why we all come here anymore. It's not great as I can imagine the site isn't attracting many new users as we all came for sales and eventually browsed the forums and made accounts.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Machina said:
Green098 said:

It's ok I think it's seems that a lot of people here are used to a wait when it comes to the sites numbers anyways lol. Any chance when everything is sorted the charts will be updated at a bit of a faster pace to catch up for the lost time?

Yeah I will definitely make an effort to push the software out a bit faster than my usual rate once I can get started again. It's not exactly happened at the best of times though - I'm going on holiday in 5 weeks' time (I'll still work on them on holiday, but at a slightly slower rate than normal).

As for the hardware that's Trunks' area and I think he's waiting for Brett to adjust PS4 up before he gets started again.

----------

As an addition to my first post I'll say this - we're doing our best with the tools we have. If Brett ever gives us the ability to adjust post-chart publication and reset charts we can actually return to the super old school schedule where we were basically only a fortnight behind the actual date. As it is, at present, the best we can do is be a month behind actual.

That's good to hear anyways I appreciate you do the best that you do, and up until this hiccup I was very satisfied by the rate of the updates to the charts and a month behind the actual date was always more than acceptable for me and of course their's no problem going at a slower pace with chart updates when your on your holidays. To be honest you'd deserve the entire time off.

ArchangelMadzz said:
It's been like this for 2 years or so now. Numbers aren't really why we all come here anymore. It's not great as I can imagine the site isn't attracting many new users as we all came for sales and eventually browsed the forums and made accounts.

I mean I am surprised sometimes when a good few youtubers mention this site here and there in their videos for sales numbers, and some notable channels too like ReviewTechUSA and Farfromsubtle. As well as a few people hear and there refering to it youtube comment sections and elsewhere. Although you are very right about your last sentence I've been using this site just to look at numbers years before I ever noticed the forums and then made an account. Would be great to try and attract more people to the forums of this site some how.