By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game ever made? POLL #2!!!!! UPDATE. Winner declared!

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 26 4.22%

Final Fantasy X 41 6.66%

The Last of Us 108 17.53%

Halo 3 22 3.57%

Chrono Trigger 63 10.23%

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 276 44.81%

Uncharted 4 21 3.41%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 16 2.60%

Bloodborne 22 3.57%

Goat Simulator 21 3.41%

Total:616
niceguygameplayer said:

Winner: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild!

Runner Up: The Last of Us

Update: Poll #3 won't be so Sony heavy. I hadn't realized. I will include more Xbox and Nintendo in my next two polls. Also, I will declare the winner tomorrow night (July 27th) between midnight and 1:00AM Eastern Standard Time (USA) for this poll. Thanks!

I cannot believe how successful my first poll is! Even though I declared the winner days ago, ppl are still voting and commenting. Thank you Vgchartz community! You guys are awesome! Since the site would not take my suggestions to make this a more fun place , I decided to try it myself. I'm glad you liked my poll! 

Now begins poll 2 of 4. The final 4 games will be voted on in my special 5th and final poll, which will be a vote for the four winners of the previous 4 polls. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the winner of poll 1. Final Fantasy VII was the runner up, in case you are interested. That was my personal pick. But now onto the 2nd poll! And remember, I am still taking suggestions for my next 2 polls. 

Unconscious bias.

Around the Network

Zelda far exceeds TLOU, thank satan for that.

LMAO. These polls just prove that there's waaaay too many Nintendo fanboys on here. And I'm cool with that as I too mostly favour Sony. If this was ANY pother site, marl my words Breath of the Wild would not get this much of a lead. I'd love to see how this would look like over at something like Gamefaqs, NeoGAF or the likes.

The Last of Us is possibly the greatest video game achievement in the past couple decades.
Symphony of the Night is a masterpiece with possibly the greatest overall soundtrack in a videogame...period! This is like not even debatable haha.

At least Chrono Trigger wasn't beaten by Final Fantasy X...

niceguygameplayer said:
I'm surprised that Horizon: Zero Dawn came in last.

And that's a VERY recent game and it has little to no votes lol. So much for the recent bias theory.

In any case, the BEST game ever made is by default, Grand Theft Auto V. I mean c'mon, ANY game that sells THAT many copies automatically has done something right. Not only did it sell a freaking TON but it also managed a meta score of 97 so yeah, that is ONE well made game appealing to the critics and gamers alike. I may not think it's even close to being the best but universally speaking I must come to the conclusion and admit to the fact this is probably the best game ever made. No other game sells like GTA and especially GTAV in particular. Tetris, WiiU sports, original Mario???? What?? Pack-in games??? Are you kidding me??? GTAV pretty much did these numbers all on their own. Everyone pretty much ran out and bought the damn game!

Around the Network
StreaK said:
niceguygameplayer said:
I'm surprised that Horizon: Zero Dawn came in last.

And that's a VERY recent game and it has little to no votes lol. So much for the recent bias theory.

In any case, the BEST game ever made is by default, Grand Theft Auto V. I mean c'mon, ANY game that sells THAT many copies automatically has done something right. Not only did it sell a freaking TON but it also managed a meta score of 97 so yeah, that is ONE well made game appealing to the critics and gamers alike. I may not think it's even close to being the best but universally speaking I must come to the conclusion and admit to the fact this is probably the best game ever made. No other game sells like GTA and especially GTAV in particular. Tetris, WiiU sports, original Mario???? What?? Pack-in games??? Are you kidding me??? GTAV pretty much did these numbers all on their own. Everyone pretty much ran out and bought the damn game!

Are you kidding? GTAV was packaged with tons of PS3s and PS4s. It was THE pack-in for the PS4 during Holiday 2014, which is when I got my PS4 GTAV bundle.

I think Breath of the Wild is the best on that list.

Just my opinion though won't push it on anyone 🙂

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Imo TLOU is the best game on that list but I don't think it's the best game of all time. I would have to sit and think for a very long time on what my best game of all time is.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Yay Zelda BOTW!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Out of the games I've played, Breath of the Wild is easily the best. The Last of Us wasn't bad, but it was way too flawed.