By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game ever made? POLL #2!!!!! UPDATE. Winner declared!

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 26 4.22%

Final Fantasy X 41 6.66%

The Last of Us 108 17.53%

Halo 3 22 3.57%

Chrono Trigger 63 10.23%

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 276 44.81%

Uncharted 4 21 3.41%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 16 2.60%

Bloodborne 22 3.57%

Goat Simulator 21 3.41%

Total:616

these polls are so terrible. though i guess it is hard to have a poll with only a few games on it. I put Chrono Trigger because that is the only game that even remotely is close to the top for me. Final Fantasy VI is my actual number 1 with Chrono Trigger number 2.
Though I'm only like 5 hours into Zelda so who knows maybe that game will turn out to be as good as everyone says. But obviously people's votes are skewed to what they have been recently playing considering how dominant zelda is in the poll.

Around the Network

Tetris.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Kyuu said:
niceguygameplayer said:

You didn't like Uncharted 4? I'm curious, why? 

Just got burned out of the Uncharted formula. And games in general don't grab me easily these days.

You couldn't be any more right. I really liked 2 & 3, but the first 16 chapters of 4  was such a drag. It really picked up in the final chapters though. But you're 100% right... games don't grab me like they used to. All I hear is great things about Horizon...I played it and just couldn't get into it.

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I'm sorry...but Last of Us above Halo 3? Damn, that game can barely get more overblown. I wouldn't even say it's that overrated but god, it has to have the most praise for any game ever to have a story that is pretty standard. The execution of the Last of Us is what sold it, it's story is still pretty standard though. It's not bad like Bioshock Infinite, it's a very good game, but i don't think it's close to the best ever. 

Breath of the Wild and The Last of Us should not be taking a majority of this poll

Regarding "recent game" bias, that is a valid concern, but many of these games haven't even been played by recent gamers. Some of it might be because BOTW or TLOU are new, but a lot of it is probably that many newer gamers like myself haven't played Chrono Trigger, Castlevania, Final Fantasy X, or the old classic Goat Simulator. 

well that's part of what I mean by that phrase.  No matter the reason, more recent stuff will get more votes because of what you said and the current hype and need to push by its fans, especially an exclusive.  Some are just pushing the hype for GOTY

I am Iron Man

What I've learned from this thread is that we can't vote for old games because nostalgia clouds our judgment AND we can't vote for new games because recency bias clouds our judgment.

I vote for nothing.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
JakDaSnack said:

It probably will, and it probably will deserve it lol.  Such a good game.

more recency bias

bwahahaha no, just because I aknowledge a good game doesn't mean I have recency bias.  

Something...Something...Games...Something

TruckOSaurus said:
What I've learned from this thread is that we can't vote for old games because nostalgia clouds our judgment AND we can't vote for new games because recency bias clouds our judgment.

I vote for nothing.

There's a little grey area, and that's where you're allowed to work.

JGarcia050 said:
Kyuu said:

Just got burned out of the Uncharted formula. And games in general don't grab me easily these days.

You couldn't be any more right. I really liked 2 & 3, but the first 16 chapters of 4  was such a drag. It really picked up in the final chapters though. But you're 100% right... games don't grab me like they used to. All I hear is great things about Horizon...I played it and just couldn't get into it.

haha I felt literally the exact opposite.  Like I enjoyed the first 2/3rds of the game but the last 1/3rd of it just dragged on.

JakDaSnack said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

more recency bias

bwahahaha no, just because I aknowledge a good game doesn't mean I have recency bias.  

good I can acknowledge.  Zelda is merely a good game so we agree :)

I am Iron Man

I'm surprised that Horizon: Zero Dawn came in last.