By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game ever made? POLL #2!!!!! UPDATE. Winner declared!

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 26 4.22%

Final Fantasy X 41 6.66%

The Last of Us 108 17.53%

Halo 3 22 3.57%

Chrono Trigger 63 10.23%

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 276 44.81%

Uncharted 4 21 3.41%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 16 2.60%

Bloodborne 22 3.57%

Goat Simulator 21 3.41%

Total:616

I chose Breath of the Wild, even though I love Symphony of the Night to death.

Around the Network

I feel like sharing my top 10 again, hoping others will do the same:

1 - LoZ: Ocarina of Time

The one perfect game imo. This game still has it for me. Left a profound impression back then, and even now I get goosebumps playing it.

2 - Pokemon Gold/Silver

I remember waiting for 3 hours in line to get this game. Holy shit was it worth every penny. Day and night cycles, new Pokemon, best post-game with more gyms, super comfy.

3 - Mother 3

Played a translation version on an emulator (had no choice). Guys, if you have a brother, tell them that you love them. Real tearjerker and guaranteed masterpiece.

4 - LoZ: Breath of the Wild

This game hit the right spot at the right time for me. I'm currently at about 225 hours of play, and I don't intend to stop playing.

5 - Xenogears

Would be higher if the game wasn't rushed near the end. RPG with mechs by the guys who after this game went on to become Monolith Soft, who made so many of my favorite games.

6 - Xenoblade

This game is such a good RPG. The characters are really fun and you really connect to the story through them. Gameplay is solid and that world and music...

7 - Super Mario Galaxy

One of the best platformers ever made. We need a HD remake of this.

8 - Terranigma

I can't believe Americans never got to experience this game when it came out. This game is imo better than Chrono Trigger.

9 - Chrono Trigger

Epic RPG. I recently replayed it on the DS, which for me is the best version. Awesome music, great memorable characters, cool ending mechanic.

10 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

So glad I still have my copy. This game is so hilariously broken, it makes it incredibly fun to play. I remember the first time I got Crissaegrim. Such a beautiful game, I really love the spritework.

play last of us again, with a clear mind, and no distractions. 

So the best game ever is a game only released for less than 6 months? I must quite say this was to be expected in here.

Half Life

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger is my pick.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Uncharted 2 should be up there before uncharted 4. Uncharted 4 fell apart during the 3rd act.

For me in no particular order:

Uncharted 2

Mario galaxy 1/2 (either one)

BioShock

Little kings story (my favorite wii game)

Pokemon X and Y

Amnesia

Starcraft

Just to be clear, these are games I think should be added to the next poll.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Again, witcher 3 in my opinion...

I played only 5 games of  those lists. 

Bloodborne.

Halo 3

TloS.

Horizon.

FF X.

Voted FF X.

Ka-pi96 said:
OTBWY said:
I feel like sharing my top 10 again, hoping others will do the same

Sure, I'll join ya!

Very good picks!

God I forgot about BF2. Heck, I forgot about all Star Wars games I love. My number 11 would definitely be Rogue Squadron 2!