By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
Wman1996 said:

Eagerly awaiting TTYD sales numbers. I hope from Thursday-Sunday it's already outsold the lifetime sales of the GCN original even if that's a bold prediction.

I mean, the GameCube didn't have nearly the install base the Switch has, so there's a chance. :) 

True. TTYD on GameCube also didn't have the hype and debuted in Japan months before the rest of the world.

Even if my hope comes true, there's little chance TTYD has enough legs to hit 10 million. 

While it does depend on opening sales, I'm thinking lifetime 4-7 million, which I know by ratio is a large range. 

On the Mario side, it doesn't have the appeal of Mario Kart, Super Mario, and Mario Party.

On the RPG side, it's no Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls in terms of sales. 

Right now, I'm in between Chapter 3 and 4 in TTYD on Switch. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Hello Club Nintendo,
I was wondering of what you think would happen if Nintendo released something the Switch Micro. Like they did with the Game Boy Micro back ihn the day.

BiON!@ 

Yo folks, I just had a random thought. The next Doom could be multiplat, and then we have Nintendo who bought a nice porting studio recently. Combine these two, and boom, Doom is coming to the Switch 2.

hellobion2 said:

Hello Club Nintendo,
I was wondering of what you think would happen if Nintendo released something the Switch Micro. Like they did with the Game Boy Micro back ihn the day.

Well, sure. Collectors might like it.

GoOnKid said:

Yo folks, I just had a random thought. The next Doom could be multiplat, and then we have Nintendo who bought a nice porting studio recently. Combine these two, and boom, Doom is coming to the Switch 2.

Yeah given that the last two Doom games made their way to Switch, hopefully the next one makes its way to the successor. 

Shiver could indeed handle it, but there's no shortage of porting studios out there so even if they have their hands full there's always Panic Button, Saber, Virtuos, etc.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
GoOnKid said:

Yeah given that the last two Doom games made their way to Switch, hopefully the next one makes its way to the successor. 

Shiver could indeed handle it, but there's no shortage of porting studios out there so even if they have their hands full there's always Panic Button, Saber, Virtuos, etc.

I lost interest in new Doom after the shockingly cynical turn the story took in Doom Eternal.

Spoiler!
Doomslayer meets the creator of the universe, and he's basically God and Satan at the same time. -_-

hellobion2 said:

Hello Club Nintendo,

Not sure, a Micro version would be a smaller size or more compact version - they did that with Switch Lite already.

Personally speaking I wouldnt get it - I have myself a 2nd version of the OG Switch and the OLED Switch - if I were to get a new one, would be one that has a bigger screen at the very least.

Zippo's at it again. Do they ever get tired of getting people's hopes up?

Welp, it's Zippo ... So Star Fox will dormant for another while y'all !

Also, don't expect Nintendo to pull something like the Switch Micro card, when they've already got most of the handheld crowd with the Lite, which in the end hasn't send this version in particular above the others. Most people like the Switch for its hybrid concept.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

CaptainExplosion said:

Zippo's at it again. Do they ever get tired of getting people's hopes up?

I swear all you ever do is complain.

Stop being so negative all the time, you'll feel better if you just ignore this kind of crap and look on the bright side.