By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Runa216 said:

It's always morally okay to pirate Nintendo games. 

Are you being serious with this right now or are you just quoting what these pirates like to say when they emulate TotK?

Because you're saying that it's morally correct to pirate all new Nintendo games without exception and the rest of your post kind of alludes to the opposite with you wanting to purchase these games.

Around the Network
Raven said:

Aaaand just beat FFXVI. Guess Pikmin 3 is up next.

Nice, what do you rate it in comparison to previous FF titles?

BasilZero said:
Raven said:

Aaaand just beat FFXVI. Guess Pikmin 3 is up next.

Nice, what do you rate it in comparison to previous FF titles?

Very favorably, I'd say. It's still very much a Final Fantasy game. I think it's funny that the Game of Thrones comparison got so much traction when people talk about the game because the GoT-esque qualities of the game give way to some more traditional FF and JRPG storytelling fairly early in the game. The villain and the ending also reminded me a lot of Xenoblade 3, which I enjoyed. I'd have to think about where I'd rank the game among all the other mainline games, but I think it would make the top 5 for me.

My main issues with the game were the MMO pacing which could lead to a frustrating amount of downtime in between major story beats, and that certain storylines the game deems as sidequests are actually pretty important and I would have been upset at not experiencing them had I not chosen to do all the sidequests. If they had labeled these quests a little bit more clearly as being significant, I'd probably not have as much of an issue. Another thing that I've seen people complain about is that sometimes plot elements weren't explained very well which force you to make certain assumptions about the plot. I don't personally mind this too much, as I'm not the biggest fan of stories over-explaining every little detail to the point where it leaves no room for imagination. I like filling in the blanks myself sometimes.

Otherwise I really like the main cast, there were some really likeable side-characters. Clive really grew on me as a protagonist as well after worrying he would be a bit too brooding and dour. Much of the main cast has some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a game too, and the game really lands some very heavy emotional scenes which I'd say are on par with similar scenes in games like VII and X. Music is also great, but that's kind of par for the course when it comes to FF. I also enjoyed the combat for what it was, I don't really play character action games, but I felt XVI's combat was pretty accessible. If I could change anything though it would just be letting players pick the harder difficulty from the beginning instead of making people beat the game. 

TL;DR: It was great, most likely a top 5 FF if I were to rank them. 

Raven said:

Very favorably, I'd say. It's still very much a Final Fantasy game. I think it's funny that the Game of Thrones comparison got so much traction when people talk about the game because the GoT-esque qualities of the game give way to some more traditional FF and JRPG storytelling fairly early in the game. The villain and the ending also reminded me a lot of Xenoblade 3, which I enjoyed. I'd have to think about where I'd rank the game among all the other mainline games, but I think it would make the top 5 for me.

My main issues with the game were the MMO pacing which could lead to a frustrating amount of downtime in between major story beats, and that certain storylines the game deems as sidequests are actually pretty important and I would have been upset at not experiencing them had I not chosen to do all the sidequests. If they had labeled these quests a little bit more clearly as being significant, I'd probably not have as much of an issue. Another thing that I've seen people complain about is that sometimes plot elements weren't explained very well which force you to make certain assumptions about the plot. I don't personally mind this too much, as I'm not the biggest fan of stories over-explaining every little detail to the point where it leaves no room for imagination. I like filling in the blanks myself sometimes.

Otherwise I really like the main cast, there were some really likeable side-characters. Clive really grew on me as a protagonist as well after worrying he would be a bit too brooding and dour. Much of the main cast has some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a game too, and the game really lands some very heavy emotional scenes which I'd say are on par with similar scenes in games like VII and X. Music is also great, but that's kind of par for the course when it comes to FF. I also enjoyed the combat for what it was, I don't really play character action games, but I felt XVI's combat was pretty accessible. If I could change anything though it would just be letting players pick the harder difficulty from the beginning instead of making people beat the game. 

TL;DR: It was great, most likely a top 5 FF if I were to rank them. 

Thanks for the response.

After playing the demo - I can see myself putting this in my top 10 for sure. Top 5 is gonna be hard to beat though lol (9, 6, 7, 4 and 10) but I'll see in a few months.

@OT - Gonna download the MK8D Wave 5 update. Gonna try it out tonight.

Kakadu18 said:
Runa216 said:

It's always morally okay to pirate Nintendo games. 

Are you being serious with this right now or are you just quoting what these pirates like to say when they emulate TotK?

Because you're saying that it's morally correct to pirate all new Nintendo games without exception and the rest of your post kind of alludes to the opposite with you wanting to purchase these games.

I should have been more clear. IT's always morally okay to pirate games you can't properly access without piracy...so all Nintendo games prior to the WiiU. 

video games are a luxury, nobody's entitled to shit...but if you can't legally get it then there's no reason for piracy to be wrong. The reason piracy is illegal is because it's a sale that the devs/publishers won't see...but if they're not selling the thing then there's no lost sale and therefore nothing unethical. Pirate away. Old stuff, anyway. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I tried out the new tracks in Wave 5.

Its okay - the MK Tour ones were nice (though I guess its because its my first time playing those tracks).

The bathroom race track was hilarious lol

BasilZero said:

I tried out the new tracks in Wave 5.

Its okay - the MK Tour ones were nice (though I guess its because its my first time playing those tracks).

The bathroom race track was hilarious lol

I haven't played Wave 5 yet but the general consensus I've seen is that it's decent but not as good as Wave 4, which I guess makes sense because I thought Wave 4 was really great. 

Raven said:

I haven't played Wave 5 yet but the general consensus I've seen is that it's decent but not as good as Wave 4, which I guess makes sense because I thought Wave 4 was really great. 

Oh ya, Yoshi's Island from Wave 4 alone was worth it.

Is Nintendo gonna even bother making a new racing game since Mario Kart has become so popular?

CaptainExplosion said:

Is Nintendo gonna even bother making a new racing game since Mario Kart has become so popular?

Probably not.

A Pokemon racing game would be interesting though....