By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I was sad when I finished the demo because now I have to wait for the full game to come out.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Most of what I've seen of the gameplay demo, people have enthusiast about what they played. Ditching the day time limit seem to have been a good choice for them.

Unless I missed something the new night time mode wasn't featured in the demo. Only the underground levels where time moved differently.

Shaunodon said:
Mar1217 said:

Most of what I've seen of the gameplay demo, people have enthusiast about what they played. Ditching the day time limit seem to have been a good choice for them.

Unless I missed something the new night time mode wasn't featured in the demo. Only the underground levels where time moved differently.

I think he means that the game not having a limited number of days in which you need to get through it.

Kakadu18 said:
Shaunodon said:

I think he means that the game not having a limited number of days in which you need to get through it.

True, I just realized that.

Played Super Mario World on NSO.

I decided to try out Super Mario World since that was my first game ever.

I was confused at first when I saw all the levels were unlocked and I had 99 lives - until I realized I selected the "Special" version.

Started on the regular version and having a blast lol.

Damn, I love Super Mario World - this is like...I dont even know how many playthroughs it has been, pretty sure its been over 15 now.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Now if only Wario got a new platformer.

I enjoyed the demo, though I wouldn't say I'm a huge Pikmin fan or anything. I've only ever played part of 3. It seemed fun though, so I may consider getting it after getting 3 out of my backlog. 

Some updates....

Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) - 37 hours in - my party's level is around 34, I got the ship and just been traveling around exploring for treasure, I grinded a bit on the mysterious island (and yes I am using a guide). I'm about to pick up with the main story after spending about 5-6 hours sidequesting.

Pokemon Sword (NS) - 55 hours in - My pokemon party is averaging around lv 76. Jolteon, Metagross, Salamence, cosmog (which I am leveling), Eternaus and Zacian is what I am using now. I'm doing the Crown Tundra DLC - about to finish the King of Bountiful Harvest quest line.

Super Mario World (NSO) - less than 1 hour - I finished Yoshi's Island so about 6 levels in.

Super Mario 3D All Stars (NS) - 3 hours into Super Mario 64, 26 stars and just beat Bowser to get the first key. Been doing Big Boo's Haunt right now.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (NS) - 35 hours in - World of Light - I havent touched the game in 3 months, taking a break from it - will get back to it later

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - 16 hours in - 150cc races. Taking a break from it too , been 4 months since I last played it but will start back up again tomorrow for Wave 5 which comes out tomorrow.

Played a bit of Smash Ultimate a few days ago while heavily drunk. I don't think I've ever put so much physical effort into focusing on a game as I have then. It really was a different experience.

BasilZero said:

Played Super Mario World on NSO.

I decided to try out Super Mario World since that was my first game ever.

I was confused at first when I saw all the levels were unlocked and I had 99 lives - until I realized I selected the "Special" version.

Started on the regular version and having a blast lol.

Damn, I love Super Mario World - this is like...I dont even know how many playthroughs it has been, pretty sure its been over 15 now.

As much as I dislike that I can't individually purchase these titles, especially now that all digital purchase are FINALLY tied to your Nintendo Account, I can't help but fall back in love with gaming again with NSO. I was playing the DKC trilogy, Mario & Luigi, Goldeneye, Pokémon Stadium, and all the Zelda games earlier this year and it shot back all the emotions I had back in the day as a kid playing these games. Something about these games will always resonate with me. 

I can't wait till my daughter is old enough for me to show her these games. 

gtotheunit91 said:

As much as I dislike that I can't individually purchase these titles, especially now that all digital purchase are FINALLY tied to your Nintendo Account, I can't help but fall back in love with gaming again with NSO. I was playing the DKC trilogy, Mario & Luigi, Goldeneye, Pokémon Stadium, and all the Zelda games earlier this year and it shot back all the emotions I had back in the day as a kid playing these games. Something about these games will always resonate with me. 

I can't wait till my daughter is old enough for me to show her these games. 

Yep, the games are amazing.

Though I'm still 50/50 on whether I should keep using it (mainly because of my huge backlog of games gives me reason to not want to keep NSO - same reason why I didnt keep PS+/Now or Xbox Game Pass when I used their trials).

I still have another 2 and half months to go with what I have now since I used the 3 month NSO code I got when I got my Switch.

I'm gonna likely end up buying Super Mario Bros Wonder + Super Mario RPG with the vouchers before my NSO sub expires. I know for sure I will be playing both of those games day 1.

Now that I think about it...its crazy that two of my most favorite RPGs from the SNES got remade in the 2020s.

Super Mario RPG and Trials of Mana.

Damn.