By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:

From what I can see, yes. Also, if Princess Peach is now a badass in the Mario movie, does that mean Daisy's gonna be a pushover?

Oof. If they were to actually do some kind of role reversal in the Mario movie universe, this could have the potential to annihilate the Daisy fandom in an instant lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

From what I can see, yes. Also, if Princess Peach is now a badass in the Mario movie, does that mean Daisy's gonna be a pushover?

Oof. If they were to actually do some kind of role reversal in the Mario movie universe, this could have the potential to annihilate the Daisy fandom in an instant lol

Maybe not.

CaptainExplosion said:

I know it wont happen but I just hope they dont make Mario incompetent in the movie...kinda like how Aladdin was pretty much a side character in the live action remake of Genie and Jasmine...I mean Aladdin lol

@OT - I'm in the post game for Pokemon Sword - there's a slight difficulty curve I noticed, actually getting beaten in some battles which is nice because the main game (and the champion) were pretty easy.

BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I know it wont happen but I just hope they dont make Mario incompetent in the movie...kinda like how Aladdin was pretty much a side character in the live action remake of Genie and Jasmine...I mean Aladdin lol

@OT - I'm in the post game for Pokemon Sword - there's a slight difficulty curve I noticed, actually getting beaten in some battles which is nice because the main game (and the champion) were pretty easy.

Wait, really? in my 25 or so years of Pokemon I genuinely don't think I've ever lost a battle. I genuinely don't even know what happens when you 'die'. 

Not a flex, I just always thought these games were mega easy. Required SOME effort (Gen 4 had some gnarly bosses/Elite 4) but like I said, never lost in any of these games. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
BasilZero said:

Wait, really? in my 25 or so years of Pokemon I genuinely don't think I've ever lost a battle. I genuinely don't even know what happens when you 'die'. 

Not a flex, I just always thought these games were mega easy. Required SOME effort (Gen 4 had some gnarly bosses/Elite 4) but like I said, never lost in any of these games. 

Oh, I guess you haven't heard of the Pokémon League difficulty spike in the remake of Diamond/Pearl. They really gave the Elite 4/Champion viable competitive teams with perfect IVs/EVs. A lot of people got trounced there.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Oh I didnt lose the battle - just surprised some of my pokemon (post game Charizard lv 63 getting one shotted)

One of the battles got me down to 2 pokemon out of the 6 I had.

The hardest battle I've had was when I fought the veteran near the end of the game that had champion level pokemon team in Pokemon White 1 - I legitimately got dominated the first time I fought him, this was like 10+ years ago though.

What do you think it would be like if Bowser got his own spin-off where he's the main character!

CaptainExplosion said:

What do you think it would be like if Bowser got his own spin-off where he's the main character!

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story or Super Mario RPG proves Bowser in the role of a MC can work wonderfully if treated correctly.

I mean they managed to do it with the Wario series. Maybe at some point, they'll have ab interesting concept to plot Bowser into the center of the artifice but right now, his current antagonistic/sometimes ally role fits him pretty well

Mar1217 said:
Runa216 said:

Oh, I guess you haven't heard of the Pokémon League difficulty spike in the remake of Diamond/Pearl. They really gave the Elite 4/Champion viable competitive teams with perfect IVs/EVs. A lot of people got trounced there.

I mean, I did. I was shocked at how much more difficult Cynthia was (She almost beat me) but I did beat her first try on a whim. 

I think the handful of times I was worried about losing I just reset the game and tried again. Never actually let myself get beaten, though. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Well this sucks. A lot of international versions of The Super Mario Bros. Movie had their release dates pushed back.