By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I just thought of something. Assuming Nintendo Switch Online is carried over to the next Nintendo system, but if the next system drops the Switch name, will that also be the case for Nintendo Switch Online?

Yeah, the "online" part of the name will be transitioned to whatever the new system would be called since everything is now tied to your Nintendo account. But there honestly isn't a reason why Nintendo should abandon the Switch name. Because what name would work better than Switch? There's no way Nintendo is abandoning the Switch concept since they've struck historical gold, but also, because Nintendo's internal development teams are now united as one rather than separating the home system team and the handheld system team.

Maybe Nintendo could drop the Nintendo Switch Online name and have it simply be called Nintendo Online or something along those lines that's more general than being tied to a single console. 

That's how I'd prefer it at least.

Kakadu18 said:

I just reached S rank in Splatoon 3. Really proud of myself.

Woomy!! ^^

curl-6 said:

Samus sports a new look in Prime Remastered; I wonder if this is indicative of how she'll appear in Prime 4. (SPOILERS)

Her appearance has changed a lot over the years, more so than a lot of Nintendo's iconic characters.

We'll see.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Samus sports a new look in Prime Remastered; I wonder if this is indicative of how she'll appear in Prime 4.

I would hope so, but I imagine they'll prefer to continue using the Smash Bros. anime girl style. I'm thinking they just wanted to be faithful to the original Prime, though her look is considerably different even then.

One detail I liked was how instead of removing her helmet manually like in the original, now it phases off, keeping it in line with the Zero Mission lore.

Raven said:
Kakadu18 said:

I just reached S rank in Splatoon 3. Really proud of myself.

Congrats! Sounds like you're having a great time with it. Still playing through a lot of games on Switch, but I've heard the game is great so I'd like to get it eventually. 

It was tough. Only managed it with the third attempt. 

https://www.thegamer.com/metroid-prime-2-3-switch-not-fully-remastered/

Rumour has it Metroid 2 and 3 would be remastered too, but as simple remasters, not (almost) a remake as Metroid Prime 1

SKMBlake said:

https://www.thegamer.com/metroid-prime-2-3-switch-not-fully-remastered/

Rumour has it Metroid 2 and 3 would be remastered too, but as simple remasters, not (almost) a remake as Metroid Prime 1

If they're not getting the (almost) remake treatment as well, then if both 2&3 come bundled together for $40, modern controls, 1080p 60fps performance, and widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, I'll be more than happy! 

It would be great to get the entire trilogy on Switch by the time Metroid Prime 4 releases. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

I just thought of something. Assuming Nintendo Switch Online is carried over to the next Nintendo system, but if the next system drops the Switch name, will that also be the case for Nintendo Switch Online?

"Nintendo Network Online"

Or they'll likely do the most realistic option which is axe the entire idea like Virtual console, miiverse, etc

BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

"Nintendo Network Online"

Or they'll likely do the most realistic option which is axe the entire idea like Virtual console, miiverse, etc

That does seem to be the most realistic option, considering how stupid Nintendo has been when it comes to their classic library. -_-

Finally playing the demo for my long awaited Octopath Traveler II.

At first glance some of the differences from the first game seems minute but first of all, the upgrades to the assets they brought in from the first game and the optimization done makes this quite the visual treat really. HD-2D has never looked so good before and the added shadow effects and light effects adds so much more to the ambiance. Also the added use of dynamic camera shots that plays with it's environment definitely gives a more dynamic process to the way stories are presented.

Music wise,you can hear the orchestral instrumentation used in this one quite clearer than the original. Don't know if Yasunori Nishiki worked with a different recording studio. But from the title theme (similar to the original but quite upgraded) to the boss themes or the emotional theme accompanied by such a beautiful accoustics. This has everything for vg musical epicurean !

Sadly, the demo doesn't offer much beyond the starting point of each characters so you can't find much interactions (which is a point that seemed to have been addressed in this sequel).

Battles can be speed up now so you can "waste" less time on the common battles.
Characters now having different action paths depending on the time of day with the inclusion of a day/night cycle definitely a big plus to the roleplay aspects of each character. Transitioning from Day to Night is also made in an instant of a button press so there's no downtime to wait for either which is a tremendously good feature.

I have almost no doubt in mind from what I've played that the game will be quite better overall to its predecessor by the end of the journey.

Now hopefully, it can amass similar sells as well ...

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 17 February 2023

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Has this thread been okay since the hack?

(I'm running through threads to see which are still broken and which aren't).

From what I can see, yes. Also, if Princess Peach is now a badass in the Mario movie, does that mean Daisy's gonna be a pushover?