By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:

Anna is pretty fucking awesome in Triangle Strategy, two attacks, great movement, can jump high and can cloak herself when not attacking.

I found her very useful in the early game, but less so as it progresses. Damage output is low, and she can't attack multiple enemies. She's useful if there's particular units like archers you need to take out, but in a lot of missions there's just better units to use. 

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Anna is pretty fucking awesome in Triangle Strategy, two attacks, great movement, can jump high and can cloak herself when not attacking.

Plus, she gets XP faster because of the double attack. She's broken, definitely the strongest character in the party 

SegaHeart said:

How addicting is Triangle Stradegy?

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but it's a little less so than similar JRPGs. There is a little less room for grinding, and I'm a little less attached to the characters than say in three houses, so I'm not sucked in quite as much. Also, there's a little less room to customize your characters, so you won't be spending a ton of time min/maxing units, even if you typically do that.

It's a great game though. More kind of... subtle than Fire Emblem (the most obvious comparison for Nintendo fans) in both story and combat. More nuanced but less exciting.

Lots of talk about Anna in Triangle Strategy, but she fell off for me by the end.

Frederica has been my MVP. I gave her the black anklet item, or whatever it's called, which deals extra damage but takes some life at the beginning of the turn. With it, her damage output is crazy. Plus she gets TP whenever she kills an enemy, so she can use blazing chains or scorch basically every turn.

Medina is also underrated. Two TP and 100 gold to give any unit an extra turn is great. Also, a second healer is good and she's the only really viable one even if you have to pay for items.

Hughette is also great. You can't kill most enemies in one turn, so being able to immobilize or blind a couple of enemies before they can gang up on you is a necessity.

Edit: Seriously, don't sleep on Medina. As she levels up, she gives TP to characters whenever she uses recovery pellets on them. This also applies to ranged recovery pellets. Meaning under the right circumstances with double item, she can potentially give your team up to ten extra TP in a turn. It's kind of nuts, even if it will cost you 1500 gold. But even setting that aside, recovery pellets are pretty cheap, so she becomes a very effective battery for TP heavy units like Erador and Frederica.

Also, just as a general tip, make getting weapon skills a priority. They're abilities that you can unlock when your weapons are level three. Some of them are really really good, like Erador's which makes him invincible for a turn and infuriates all enemies within two spaces, and Frederica which takes a turn to charge and then nukes a big chunk of the battle. Those to actually work really well together with Erador keeping enemies huddled while Frederica charges.

I'm actually having a lot more fun with the second playthrough now that I've unlocked more of the characters ability. There's lots of fun tactics you can use once you start unlocking elite/weapons skills for characters.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 16 March 2022

Around the Network

Played the MK8D DLC pack yesterday on a friends Switch and they were just OK, not sure if it is because of the mobile roots of the ported tracks?

For example, Coconut Mall is a slight downgrade of the Wii version. The escalators are missing the steps, the end section is missing the boosts and the cars don't even move. The last big jump has become a flying section, you can overshoot the 90deg turn by default and that transition is just awkward now.

Ninja Hideaway that Tour's players love, I dunno, maybe it's because I didn't know the layout yet. It's the first time I hit full stop at sections of a track, felt like I was playing NFS instead of MK. The different routes seem interesting, not sure if they are faster but at least each route looks distinct. Can't say the same about the Paris or Tokyo ones, we played without the map initially and I did not notice the layout was changing each lap as it basically looked the same all the time... well, Paris last lap does go in reverse.

The tracks in the end were fine, no MK8 moments as they missed any antigrav sections. Still this will not make me rush out and get MK8 again.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 20 March 2022

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

CaptainExplosion said:

What do you mean AGAIN? Thought you already had MK8DX.

I have MK8, skipped MK8D.

axumblade said:

Perhaps he’s referring to the potential launch Switch 2 game Mario Kart Super Deluxe 8

That would be a funny turn of events, MKSD8 including DLC with further improved battle maps.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

New update finally adds folders ("groups") to the Switch:

Switch update out now (version 14.0.0), patch notes - Groups and more (nintendoeverything.com)

curl-6 said:

New update finally adds folders ("groups") to the Switch:

Switch update out now (version 14.0.0), patch notes - Groups and more (nintendoeverything.com)

What about stability? Nothing on stability! Is the Switch finally stable?

Signature goes here!

CaptainExplosion said:
TruckOSaurus said:

What about stability? Nothing on stability! Is the Switch finally stable?

Stability?

Many of the previous Switch firmware updates only mentioned "Improved stability" on the patch notes.

Signature goes here!