By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

S tier for me is basically units you'll want to use in every mission. You'll pretty much always want a tank character, and Erador is far better than the other potential tanks, Flanagan and Groma, so you'll basiaclly always want to use him.

I think taunting enemies is actually pretty useful, and it gets more useful in the game. As you go along, you'll get an ability that allows him to counter attack. So, any enemy that attacks him gets chipped a bit. His weapon skill is King's Guard which has the same range as provoke, but I believe a 100% success rate against anything not immune to fury. Plus, it makes him invinvible until the end of his next turn. Keeping the enemy occupied is great so you can get frail units into the fray without risk, but when you combine it with some other skills you'll get later in the game (Hughette or Frederica's weapons skills for example) you'll wind up doing a nice chunk of damage and likely kill a few of the enemies in the group. His other abilities raises his defense when he's low on HP, give him immunity to back attacks, and lets him push enemies back, which is useful when you're near a cliff.

So Erador is basically the reverse of Anna in terms of progression. Though not saying Anna is bad, in the contrary, her double action + Take Cover ability makes her ideal for a good portion of the game where I can usually get her ahead to bait some enemies to go deep in my troops so I can Crit and/or follow-up to oblivion. But currently, I'm only using her during 1 chapter mission by 2 ratio whilst she was almost obligatory to have at the beginning.

More or less. Anna starts off with her best abilities, but the rest of her abilities are kind of meh, particularly her weapon skill. She attacks twice, but her attack is reduced each time, so it evens out, unless you can sandwich an enemy between her and someone with high attack like Serenoa. She can also put an enemy to sleep and then get into cover which is really useful, but takes a lot of TP, and if you're sending her behind enemy lines to do that, she's not going to be close to Julio or Medina to recharge her. She's useful, but on many maps, there's just going to be someone more useful to use in her place. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

So I'm on Kirby TFL 3rd world. It's still incredible how much the game oozes the charm the franchise has always been known for.
Lots of cool portion in 3rd world too and mini-sections you can retry to best your score.

It's kinda insane how fast HAL managed to ship out a cohesive 3D platform that builds itself in a new world instead of reusing Pop Star as the usual main world.

I'd say well above 3D World in that department. Gotta see how the difficulty ramps up later on and I'm still what seems to be early in the reconstruction of the hub yet.

After world 2 I was feeling a bit let down, but World 3 picked things back up. Looking forward to see how things go from here.

Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

After world 2 I was feeling a bit let down, but World 3 picked things back up. Looking forward to see how things go from here.

I was wondering how the fight against our fav masked poyo would translate to 3D since I was worried the bigger arena would make him easier than in 2D.

They went hard with some of his patterns xD

I didn't find him too challenging. Maybe you fight him again later on. 

TomaTito said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What do you mean AGAIN? Thought you already had MK8DX.

I have MK8, skipped MK8D.

axumblade said:

Perhaps he’s referring to the potential launch Switch 2 game Mario Kart Super Deluxe 8

That would be a funny turn of events, MKSD8 including DLC with further improved battle maps.

There are battle maps now I thought it was just stupid racing around tracks?

Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

I didn't find him too challenging. Maybe you fight him again later on. 

I didn't think he was much either, though in comparison to his past 2D incarnations, that's definitely amongst the hardest fight (No True Arena incl.) Which I guess if the game has something similar to the True Arena, it'll be interesting to see how they upgrade him in the rematch

Believe it or not I think the hardest fight with him was in Epic Yarn. Obviously, it's not hard to win, because you literally can't lose, but getting the Platinum medal or whatever the highest rank could be difficult. I had to retry at least a couple of times, and I can't recall ever actually dying against him in any other Kirby game, so it kind of wins by default. It was also just great seeing him do all those massive attacks with Yarn. They should not have let Yoshi take over that franchise.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
TomaTito said:

I have MK8, skipped MK8D.

axumblade said:

Perhaps he’s referring to the potential launch Switch 2 game Mario Kart Super Deluxe 8

That would be a funny turn of events, MKSD8 including DLC with further improved battle maps.

Only in the Wii U version. Switch has a traditional battle mode.

JWeinCom said:
sethnintendo said:

Only in the Wii U version. Switch has a traditional battle mode.

Well that changes some for me.  After I saw battle mode go to tracks I wondered who the fuck suggested this and who the fuck signed off on it.   Least I guess they responded to negative criticism because they fucking deserved it.  Battle mode racing around tracks was fucking stupid.

^ Reusing course designs, those guys must have felt like geniuses that day

---

On a side note, as I wait for Kirby to come next week via snail mail (darn Amazon and shipping it on release date). Read the interview with the developers; from the looks of it will try to play it as they intended it in Spring-Breeze mode and not touching the camera controls.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2022/ask-the-developer-vol-4-kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-part-1/

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Okay, I bought Kirby and am shocked by how fun it is, how smooth the game feels, how fast things load, blown away! I've always hated Kirby games, the few I've tried, but this is the best one ever, for me, no hesitation!

As for other games made in the Kirby FL and Mario Odyssey mold, obviously Donkey Kong would be fantastic! The music, the art style!

Having played much further into Kirby now, I am in love.

This is one of the most cohesive games I have played in a long time in terms of every little thing down to the transition screens over the minimal load times all merging harmoniously together into a wonderful whole.

From the visuals to the music to the gameplay design, it's all just brilliant. The constant stream of cool new ideas is reminiscent of the best of 3D Mario, and it perfectly translates Kirby's classic identity and charm into the third dimension.

HAL have absolutely hit it out of the park. I thought this would be good, but its blowing my expectations of out the water like a pufferfish that tried to mate with a naval mine.