By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Einsam_Delphin said:

If Lissa can get in then there's no reason Elise can't! However, it seems like they're only doing the main characters from each game, so that makes me worried for Kaze's chances, but surely they're not gonna go without Ninjas in this game.

Volterra_90 said:

Nah, I don't think so. The franchise wouldn't have reaches Awakening if it hadn't any fanbase and sales. Those people actually kept the franchise alive, and Awakening just elevated it at mainstream levels. 

No he's right, IS said if Awakening didn't sell well that would have been the end of the Fire Emblem series.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Yeah, I know that. What I mean is that the franchise, maybe, wouldn't have reached Awakening if the games sold like... zero. I mean, they were not exactly huge sellers before Awakening, but they sold enough to keep the franchise going. Awakening saved it in the end, that's for sure.

Around the Network

whoops, misread poll as

"No, But interested"

I'm super interested in getting that 2dsXL, think it is the most beautiful version of the 3ds to date, would happily exchange my 3ds xl for it's sleek form factor. and the 2d instead of 3d is grand for me, I effectively just have one eye so I can't make use of 3d anyway.... either on a screen or in real life :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

First Impressions: Running Scared from Sonic Forces

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/first_impressions_running_scared_from_sonic_forces

"Nothing feels like it has any focus or passion behind it; it’s more as if it’s a game being pushed out to make money in a hurry, and as soon as something passable for a game is there SEGA is ready to just throw it out, consequences be damned. It’s worrying, and unless the final release manages to pull something out of the hat we’re looking at ‘just another modern Sonic game’, and not in a good way."
___

Some pretty harsh words from Nintendo Life about the upcoming Sonic game, although I can't say I'm shocked or even remotely surprised

Hoping that at least Mania is decent though.

RolStoppable said:
RavenXtra said:
First Impressions: Running Scared from Sonic Forces

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/first_impressions_running_scared_from_sonic_forces

"Nothing feels like it has any focus or passion behind it; it’s more as if it’s a game being pushed out to make money in a hurry, and as soon as something passable for a game is there SEGA is ready to just throw it out, consequences be damned. It’s worrying, and unless the final release manages to pull something out of the hat we’re looking at ‘just another modern Sonic game’, and not in a good way."
___

Some pretty harsh words from Nintendo Life about the upcoming Sonic game, although I can't say I'm shocked or even remotely surprised

Hoping that at least Mania is decent though.

So mean, but also so expected. Although the gameplay I have seen made it look like a solid game and not as messy as most other modern Sonic games.

I don't have high hopes for Mania. It looks rather bland.

Sometime I wonder if being harsh against Sonic games is sort of a media running gag at this point. I haven't played many 3D Sonic games (my last one was Generations) so I'm not entirely sure how justified all of the bad reviews might be. 

Speaking as someone who has played all 3D Sonic games, (except HD Unleashed and Boom), I'd say Colors and Generations were great.
The Adventure series, still decent, but haven't aged well.
Heroes, a pretty fair game itself as well, but still has its flaws. 
'06, I honestly think this isn't as bad as everyone says it is, defintely has its big problems, but it's not THAT bad. I managed to play through it just fine, and even enjoyed myself for the most part. (But FUCK the Ball Puzzle!)
The only 3D Sonic games that I can truly say were absolutely horrible and deserve every bit of flack that they get are Secret Rings and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

We should squad, rather than turf :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

curl-6 said:

Some tidbits on the development of Starfox

https://gonintendo.com/stories/284497-original-starfox-devs-sit-down-to-stream-the-game-live-stream-r#comments

-Back in the day, Miyamoto smoked. A lot. 

-He would usually sit at Gile's desk with a cigarette in his mouth, testing the latest Star Fox controls. 

-They eventually banned smoking in the Nintendo office. 

-Nintendo EAD was only about 40 employees back in the day. 

-There's apparently rude 'miming' hidden in the game somewhere. 

-Debugging tools were practically non-existent back then, if the game crashed there was nothing to go on.

-Argonaut also tried to make the Super FX chip for Mega Drive / Genesis but it couldn't work due to limitations with the system's cartridge slot.

Wow i would have never expected Miyamoto to be the type of guy to smoke.

Volterra_90 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

If Lissa can get in then there's no reason Elise can't! However, it seems like they're only doing the main characters from each game, so that makes me worried for Kaze's chances, but surely they're not gonna go without Ninjas in this game.

No he's right, IS said if Awakening didn't sell well that would have been the end of the Fire Emblem series.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Yeah, I know that. What I mean is that the franchise, maybe, wouldn't have reached Awakening if the games sold like... zero. I mean, they were not exactly huge sellers before Awakening, but they sold enough to keep the franchise going. Awakening saved it in the end, that's for sure.

Okay sure, the old fans were why Fire Emblem was alive to begin with, but what ktay said is true, new fans like us are the reason Fire Emblem is still alive.

Platina said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

We should squad, rather than turf :p

Oops sorry, I'm just now seeing this. Get a Switch and we'll squad in Splatoon 2!

Also, 8 hours until the direct!

-Lonely_Dolphin

You can add in my Switch Friend Code to the Op when you get chance :) Switch friend Code: 7938-9367-7572

Also feel free to add me I will be playing lots of Splatoon especially :D among other stuff.

https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/882798952407416832?s=09