By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: Pokemon Crown Tundra out now! Upcoming Patch for 3D-All Stars! UK Black Friday Bundles Revealed!

curl-6 said:

Not singling anyone out but I've always been convinced that a big part of the insistence by many that Switch would be replaced in 2021/2022 was wishful thinking because they didn't want it staying around long enough to have a chance of outselling systems from their preferred brand.

It's not just about sales, but also the neverending discussion which gen Switch belongs to. Everyone who is convinced that it's gen 8 is pressing for an early launch of the successor, because otherwise there would be no way around that they were on the wrong side of an argument for several years.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Got Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Re-master/make. I also have Xenoblade 2 that I've played only for about 15 minutes and will play once I finish Xeno Re. Probably will buy Sakuna of rice and ruin, Hades and Immortal Fenyx early next month, hope they keep me entertained for the upcoming months

Does anyone here recommend Tales of Vesperia?

My expectations weren't fulfilled with Tales of Vesperia despite them being grounded. For the most part, it's a disjointed mess where the story forces characters in and out of your party far too often, including a stretch where you will be without good healing. Sidequests are way too obtuse to start and the side activities in general take far too much time for often meager rewards. As a result, the game feels like a drag far too often. It's one of titles where you'll be glad to be through and at peace with yourself to move on to another game. That is, if you manage to stay motivated enough to pull through.

If you've never played a Tales game before, you will be more forgiving when it comes to Vesperia's flaws. But if you've played a few Tales games that predate Vesperia, it's just another one where obvious shortcomings have not only still not been fixed, but the few strengths also been mitigated by a hamfisted story.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Since we're sharing stuff we've gotten, here is my haul I got yesterday

Nice Haul! I'm curious what made you buy both them games at the same time was there a discount or just randomly picked them up together? I still have my pic of them from 2 months ago since I also bought together when they both got a discount to £25 :D

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 14 November 2020

SW-7938-9367-7572

So I guess I'll try to get a hold of Vesperia once I manage to snatch a physical copy for cheap then. Could be a good enough placeholder after I'm finished with Age of Calamity.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

About 5 hours in for Pikmin, so far finding the game nothing but fantastic. Hope it sells well enough to cross 2 million lifetime, it truly deserves it

Well, Touryst is okay so far. Still not really a fan of the blocky art style, and I wish B was jump instead of A, (what is it with games doing this, especially when they leave the B button all but unused?) but at least it plays very smoothly and has a good amount of variety.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Crazy idea, don't know if it's been done yet by Nintendo.

All the one-shot first-party NES games (Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, Hogan's Alley, Stack-Up and Gyromite) are grouped together and considered one IP.

CaptainExplosion said:

All the one-shot first-party NES games (Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, Hogan's Alley, Stack-Up and Gyromite) are grouped together and considered one IP.

why

CaptainExplosion said:

why

Because at this point there's no way any of them will ever get sequels, and the only way they've stayed relevant is by having Smash Bros. reps.

CaptainExplosion said:
CaptainExplosion said:

why

Because at this point there's no way any of them will ever get sequels, and the only way they've stayed relevant is by having Smash Bros. reps.

Relevancy has no bearance on the definition of IP, they're all seperate even if unused at the moment.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

WoodenPints said:

Since we're sharing stuff we've gotten, here is my haul I got yesterday

Nice Haul! I'm curious what made you buy both them games at the same time was there a discount or just randomly picked them up together? I still have my pic of them from 2 months ago since I also bought together when they both got a discount to £25 :D

Sorry I didn't see this until now . But yes!!! Similar to you, I got them because they were on discount on Amazon. They were both $15 off individually, so a savings of about $30. I think both games for $70 was pretty fair honestly. Started Catherine and enjoying it a lot so far!