By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sundin13 said:

So, I just beat Pandora's Tower (Wii) and I'm pretty impressed at how solid it was. It always looked like the least interesting of the Operation Rainfall games, but it passed my expectations by quite a bit (and I'd probably put it above Last Story, but I haven't played Last Story in years). If I had to describe it, I'd say it is kind of like a bunch of Twilight Princess hookshot dungeons with a bigger focus on combat than puzzles. Some of the bosses are pretty killer (although there are a few I hate) and the game was a lot of fun to play. There's definitely stuff holding it back, but if that description sounds interesting to you and you can find it for a decent price, I'd definitely recommend it!

So much copy and paste in that game. Same cutscenes over and over and of the 13 towers, they are just cut and paste of like 4 original layouts. It has some cool boss fights though. I found it to be mediocre at best.

Around the Network

I'm happy for Charles, but I can't help but be a little sad with this big change.

KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

So, I just beat Pandora's Tower (Wii) and I'm pretty impressed at how solid it was. It always looked like the least interesting of the Operation Rainfall games, but it passed my expectations by quite a bit (and I'd probably put it above Last Story, but I haven't played Last Story in years). If I had to describe it, I'd say it is kind of like a bunch of Twilight Princess hookshot dungeons with a bigger focus on combat than puzzles. Some of the bosses are pretty killer (although there are a few I hate) and the game was a lot of fun to play. There's definitely stuff holding it back, but if that description sounds interesting to you and you can find it for a decent price, I'd definitely recommend it!

So much copy and paste in that game. Same cutscenes over and over and of the 13 towers, they are just cut and paste of like 4 original layouts. It has some cool boss fights though. I found it to be mediocre at best.

Yeah, it definitely had some copy paste. You could skip the repeating cutscenes so those didn't bother me, but they definitely could have reduced the number of "dungeons". There were I believe 5 that "repeated" (the repeated version had a lot of the same geometry but they did have differences in how they were traversed) and then one at the end which was essentially one dungeon with a light/dark world that you jumped between, so I'd say 6 original layouts (I think). 

Still, it clicked with me for some reason. I feel like it was at a real good level of depth for a casual play experience. There was enough going on to be interesting but it was simple enough to not drain my mental energy so it was good to pick up and play. 

sundin13 said:

Great music. Solid game. Some 3D Castlevania vibes at times. Forever funny to me the main character's art was stolen from Noctis back when it was FFVS13.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

71 hours into Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS

I'm literally at the final dungeon or the dungeon right before the finale.

Game is so much fun, I just wish they had a Definitive version of DQ8.

The 3DS version features additional QoL like non-random encounter/monsters on the field, two additional characters, a post game dungeon, and some other additions

But it lacks the orchestral OST that the PS2 version had and the visuals dont look that fleshed out on the 3DS especially on its tiny screen along with some other stuff like censoring costumes and from what I heard some cutscenes are altered.

I have all of the versions of DQ8 (PS2, iOS and 3DS) - but chose to play the 3DS version. I'm likely gonna do the iOS version sometime in the future but I'm also gonna play the PS2 version as well.

Here's hoping when SE is done with DQ3 HD or w/e its called - if they ever get to it, the next port/enhanced version of a DQ game will be for DQ8 cause it badly needs it.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 07 September 2023

Oh boy......rumors being hyped up!

Pyoro is supposedly a very reliable leaker and he responded to someone suggesting it could just be the F-Zero GBA game being added to the NSO Expansion Pack with a simple "no" soooooooo we gonna find out soon!

@CaptainExplosion he's also teasing DK although that could be something like DK64 being added to the N64 library lol

Meh. Give me Xenoblade X or give me dust on my Switch. Love that system but it's been dry this last half of the year. Why Nintendo will put every original Wii U game on Switch but not that is confusing.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Dont care much for F-Zero but I'm down for more Donkey Kong.

Leynos said:

Meh. Give me Xenoblade X or give me dust on my Switch. Love that system but it's been dry this last half of the year. Why Nintendo will put every original Wii U game on Switch but not that is confusing.

Monolith Soft already answered that question, it's a matter of budget and project priorities.

Simply porting the game or remastering/remaking it à la XC1 definitive edition would need the budget of an actual new game because Xenoblade X was actually quite the ambitious project for it's time. 

Also, the title only sold less than a million which was probably insufficient to recoup the development cost, which didn't matter much because their true worth was in the open world achievement they managed at the time which led to the BOTW we know in part. 

Nonetheless, it's a risky financial endeavor

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909