By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It appears that the Xbox One X has no competition according to Phil...

The Xbox One X's main competition is...

PS4 Pro 93 31.31%

Xbox One S 5 1.68%

Switch 28 9.43%

PS4 Slim 15 5.05%

Other 19 6.40%

Phil is an asshole. 137 46.13%

Total:297

Man, i really want one of those 'I witnessed the most powerful console ever' T-shirt, i mean i didn't see it in person but technically i saw it on the stream. Come on Phil, hook a brotha up.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Still trying to deceit consumers, nice going.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

At $500 the "X" is most assuredly being sold at a massive loss. Add that to the fact that at 25 million sold, the Xbox One is considered a bit of a flop, as well as having an entire team purely coding to make backwards compatibility a thing (with no guarantee of a return) and that leaves Microsoft hemorrhaging cash.

Considering as well, that not everyone owns, can afford or even wants a 4k TV... that is a heck of an investment on a console that isn't even getting it's own exclusives (according to Microsoft).

Of course the "X" has no competition... because no one in their right mind would want to be in the position that the Xbox division have put themselves in. With so few games that can only be played on an Xbox One in general, the "X" from my perspective, is just a supremely impressive (and expensive) paperweight.

Neodegenerate said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this is the guy people says is better than don matrick

To be fair, I think a lot of us now identify as people who THOUGHT he was better but now are starting to think not quite...

Most things are better than Don Matrick on stage though.... an empty stage would have been better than Don with the X1 reveal I think.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It has no competition because its not in competition. Its gonna be a hard sell.

Around the Network

He will be replaced soon I'm sure of it.

I don't think he's wrong.

People are dogging what he says too much just to hate. He isn't being a troll. PS4 Pro clearly had very different design ambitions from the XBO-X, and that's okay. It's not worse. It's a different system catering to a different demographic.

He's not saying it can't compete, he's saying it's not the same thing, because it's not. XBO-X is a console for people who want something closer to PC performance without the headache of a PC. That never was what the PS4 Pro was trying to be. PS4 Pro was just trying to be a better PS4 for VR.

So much needless demonization in this thread.

spemanig said:
I don't think he's wrong.

People are dogging what he says too much just to hate. He isn't being a troll. PS4 Pro clearly had very different design ambitions from the XBO-X, and that's okay. It's not worse. It's a different system catering to a different demographic.

He's not saying it can't compete, he's saying it's not the same thing, because it's not. XBO-X is a console for people who want something closer to PC performance without the headache of a PC. That never was what the PS4 Pro was trying to be. PS4 Pro was just trying to be a better PS4 for VR.

So much needless demonization in this thread.

I would say that is over-analyzing it.  Both are mid-generation upgrades to systems that compete with each other.  Therefore, they compete with each other.  Because one is going in one direction to compete while the other is going in another direction doesn't mean they aren't competing.

Neodegenerate said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this is the guy people says is better than don matrick

To be fair, I think a lot of us now identify as people who THOUGHT he was better but now are starting to think not quite...

I'm very proud to be part of the few who have had this opinion about him for a long time now :D

Actually he is probably correct as far as how MS view the Pro. If MS felt the X1X was competing with the Pro, they would have taken a price cut and sold it either 399 or 449. Since MS decided to sell it at 499, they are positioning the device as a clear premium console above what they believe the pro is. Do not get me wrong this how MS decided to view and market the device, it does not reflect how the market will accept that view. Also MS I am sure does not believe it will sell better than the Pro and thats the real statement Phil is making. When you read the whole interview you get the feeling that Phil considers the Pro as a more mass market console with price and features compared to the more premium X1X which will sell as a more upscale niche device.