By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: We want all the high-quality third party games

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-nintendo-wants-all-the-biggest-third-party-games-on-switch

“We want every high-quality game to have an opportunity to be played on Nintendo Switch," Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's president and chief operating officer told IGN in an interview at E3 2017. "Every single one. Fill in the blank of third-party, high-quality game really wanted on Nintendo Switch; the answer is yes."

Around the Network

Third party games don't want to be on Switch though.

Maybe in 2018 things will be better.

"Want in one hand, Switch in the other." See which hand gets third party AAA games first. But it really doesn't matter. Minecraft and Rocket League playable anywhere along with Nintendo's first party mega-bombs is already perfection.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

So far I don't see any improvement over WiiU.
Indies were always on the systems. CoD lost but FIFA gained, Injustice 2 lost but Skyrim gained, one big Monster Hunter game lost but Ultra Street Fighter II gained, Assassin's Creed lost but Steep gained etc.
Maybe next year.

I also want a lot of things. That's why I don't release hardware that 3rd parties don't like.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

At least they show that they care and want to get third party games on the switch. Just sucks they do not do the right things to get them ☹️

Sadly the unique hardware you decided came with a price.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

maxleresistant said:

*Western games, i know it's just not you but generalising 3rd parties to just western developers is irksome, especially in this case since Japanese support for the Switch is a different matter.

But yeah, kind of a no-brainer, Reggie didn't really need to state this

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

b00moscone said:
maxleresistant said:

*Western games, i know it's just not you but generalising 3rd parties to just western developers is irksome, especially in this case since Japanese support for the Switch is a different matter.

Okay, so where is Metal Gear Survive, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Ball fighter Z, Tekken 7, Ni no Kuni II, Monster Hunter World, the new naruto game, Ace Combat 7, Nier automata, the new PES, and so on...

Yes it's worse in the west, but there is nothing to be proud when it comes to Switch third party support in japan.

maxleresistant said:
b00moscone said:

Okay, so where is Metal Gear Survive, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Ball fighter Z, Tekken 7, Ni no Kuni II, Monster Hunter World, the new naruto game, Ace Combat 7, Nier automata, the new PES, and so on...

Yes it's worse in the west, but there is nothing to be proud when it comes to Switch third party support in japan.

Well, taking a look at your list, while i don't want to generalise, almost all these games have been in development likely quite an amount before development kits were sent out for the Switch, meaning a Switch version wasn't integrated into development. Plus, i imagine right now developers are still being cautious, as porting some of these games may require a good amount of investment, though seeing the Switch's success especially in Japan, that's very likely to change, since companies can't ignore such a big opportunity to make money. In cases such a Ni No Kuni II, that's developed with exclusivity in mind, MHW too if you want to believe the rumours (Though it's likely Switch will get a new MH anyways).

But yeah, i'd say that for Japanese support, it's a matter of when, not if.  This is unlike Western developers, where ambition for grahpics and technology would make it much more likely to rule out a Switch port.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi