By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict When will Ps4 Outsell Wii

Barkley said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:
Ps4 need to sell at least 40 million. PS5 is on the corner. Even PS4 lasting to 2019, 40 million in 2 years? I think not.

Good job they have more than 2 years then forecast for this fiscal year is 18m shipped... So if ps5 launches Nov 2019...

March 2018 - 78m (18m shipped)

March 2019 - 93m (15m shipped)

March 2020 - 103m (10m shipped)

Should pretty comfortably outsell wii., Won't just drop to 0 sales when ps5 launches either, should ship units in the following two years also.

Why should PS4 sell 10 million in 2020, with PS5 on market going for its second year of life? makes no sense.

Around the Network
rodea_sky_soldier said:
Barkley said:

Good job they have more than 2 years then forecast for this fiscal year is 18m shipped... So if ps5 launches Nov 2019...

March 2018 - 78m (18m shipped)

March 2019 - 93m (15m shipped)

March 2020 - 103m (10m shipped)

Should pretty comfortably outsell wii., Won't just drop to 0 sales when ps5 launches either, should ship units in the following two years also.

Why should PS4 sell 10 million in 2020, with PS5 on market going for its second year of life? makes no sense.

Because you are wrong in your ps5 launch date 

pastro243 said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:

Because you are wrong in your ps5 launch date 

No way, Holiday 2019 for sure. 3 years between 4 and Pro, 3 years between Pro and 5. PS4 will still have relevance on a mass market friendly price and compatibility with newer games a la toned down settings. They're based on a x86 PC architecture, scalability should be easy. 

Dulfite said:
LOL. The PS4 won't outsell the Wii nor will it even come close to doing it. I predict it will be at least 20 mil less than wii by the end of its life.

You think PS4 will stop around 80m something?

You do realise they plan on shipping 18m this year? so march 2018, they will be over 78m!

Right? next year march it will be at 78m.

By the holidays in 2018, you will be proved wrong.

I'm pretty sure the fact that they no responding means they it will and just trolling because they salty

Around the Network

Not going to happen, sorry.

So at end of April 2017 we had 58M sold PS4 right?

That would and with the current baseline it should probably be at wee bit over 59M. Possibly another half a million but likely not more than that.

So 42 million short of the Wii. In comes the Switch, in comes the Scorpio and they take market share from the PS4. I think that's a given, like it or not. PS4 has pretty much had a bump free ride so far... it wont be as smooth from now on.

I think it will happen in 2020. Not earlier than that. Possibly leg it out over 2021 but I do think it will pass it at some point. But people saying 2018.. I doubt it.

SuperBott said:
pastro243 said:
Well, some people said it would never catch the 3ds lol

and some people said that ps4 is the world's powerful console lol

Which console currently on the market is stronger than the PS4 3xcept for the PS4 pro. That statement is right until the Scorpio launches.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

They will be at 78 million by March 2018 ... they will probably ship another 15-16 million for FY March 19 ... that gets you to 93 mill.

Why do people think Scorpio is going to change anything. The very best scenario is that the Xone sells 9 million units instead of 8 million units a year. Meanwhile Sony will easily sell over 16 million units this year and over 15 million units next year. The Scorpio stands no chance against PS4 due to a lack of games just as the PS2 dominated the original Xbox which had halo combat evolved. As for the Switch the PS4 was 110.000 units up yoy in April how is it under any pressure. For a site which is about game sales many people seem to be to biased against Sony to see this console is easily going to outsell the Wii. There isn't going to be a PS5 next year (hell there are even way too many games left for that to happen). The Scorpio isn't going to make a huge difference and the Switch isn't going to reduce PS4 sales to below the 10 million level a year.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar