By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict When will Ps4 Outsell Wii

Slarvax said:
thismeintiel said:

Bwahaha! That's a joke right?  The PS4 is still outpacing the PS2.  Sure, I don't think it will last forever, but 100M is a given.  Sony actually lowballed their shipments for this fiscal year, so it'll probably be at 80M by March of next year.  Before 2018 is up they'll be past the PS3's ~87M.  Sorry, but it is going to pass the Wii.

Yeah, I really don't understand why Sony sees the PS4 dropping by 2 million this FY. It's the first full year with the Slim and Pro. I can see it remain flat.

Drop 2m in shipments, they had 3.7m units on shelves in December, they can ship less and sell more.

Around the Network

LOL. The PS4 won't outsell the Wii nor will it even come close to doing it. I predict it will be at least 20 mil less than wii by the end of its life.

Either never or after the PS5 is out.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Dulfite said:
LOL. The PS4 won't outsell the Wii nor will it even come close to doing it. I predict it will be at least 20 mil less than wii by the end of its life.

So you think the ps4 is only gonna sell another 20 million? d: it'll do 80% of that in just one year.

March 31st 2019

Edit: wow, some people on here really do not want to see it outsell the Wii. Sorry bros, but its gonna happen lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
Dulfite said:

So you think the ps4 is only gonna sell another 20 million? d: it'll do 80% of that in just one year.

Hush child, common sense is not allowed in this message board. We must be ruled by... feelings and emotions. 

Probably sometime in 2019. People who are saying "never" are ignorant about the actual numbers and don't know what they're talking about. They will be approaching 80 million by April 2018. 

aLkaLiNE said:
Dulfite said:

Ps4 is currently at 58 mil

Wii is like 101 million

Where did you get the only needing 20 mil more to catch the Wii?

Jpcc86 said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Hush child, common sense is not allowed in this message board. We must be ruled by... feelings and emotions. 

Again, it has like a 42 million gap right now, and the ps4 pro isn't selling like it should.

Dulfite said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Ps4 is currently at 58 mil

Wii is like 101 million

Where did you get the only needing 20 mil more to catch the Wii?

It was at 58 million at the end of April, over a month ago. It's close to 60 million if it isn't there already, and sell in has most definitely passed that. You're still dodging the point though. You really think it'll sell ~20 million over the course of the rest of its lifetime? It'll cover 80% of that in just a year.  What you're saying makes no sense and nothing historically supports your prediction.