By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict When will Ps4 Outsell Wii

JRPGfan said:
Kristof81 said:
I doubt it. PS4 had fantastic 2016, but so far in 2017 sales kind of stagnated. With Switch and soon Scorpio on the market, there will be quite substantial amount of potential customers who will sway towards competitors. Not to mention that the PC gaming is on the all time high and keeps growing. So far PS4 was the universal platform of choice for gaming, that might not be the case next year.

Last NPD data we have is from April 2017.

SWI: 280k
PS4: 201k - 229k
XB1: 127

April YoY (year on year):

PS4 +23.0%

XB1 -25.3%

Also I believe it was up, every other month of 2017 as well.

How can sales have "stagnated" if their higher this year, every month so far, than last years?

"As part of Sony's earnings report for the fiscal fourth quarter and full year ended March 31, the company announced it shipped 2.9 million PlayStation 4 units in the past three months. That's up from 2.3 million during the same period last year."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-ships-60-million-units/1100-6449655/

It's up for the first 3 months worldwide.

Edit: oh yeah, it's also at 60 million worldwide as of April 

Edit 2: ignore that ^ I missread some stuff.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

People who believe the PR talk from sony about the NS not been a direct competitor and all that crap needs to stop and think, rigth now the NS is the sales leader and will be for a long time, and XBOX Scorpio is coming it will eat a lot of ps4 sales, we are on a sells site, it's a given new platforms are competing because they are video games machines, one is an all in one with portability no other has, and the other is atacking the PS4 on their terrain "power" so don't buy the PR talk from sony, both new consoles are eating rigth now ps4 sells, this is going to make sony to rush the ps5 and ps4 are not going to pass the wii on that conditions.

"a children wants an NS and a PS4 for christmas so he begs his father to get both, but his father does not have infinite income so he tells his son to choose one, the NS is gonna win that match because is the new trend, a popular trend", there you have, is one ps4 less for sony and one plus NS for Nintendo.

34 years playing games.

DialgaMarine said:

March 31st 2019

Edit: wow, some people on here really do not want to see it outsell the Wii. Sorry bros, but its gonna happen lol

I'd like to hear justification for this, you think Sony will ship 20M PS4s in FY 2018?

OT: 2020.

Wiibaron said:
43 million more to go. At a million a month average that would take nearly 4 years or March '21. But they aren't selling a million a month so I say it will never get to 101 million sales.

Youre right, it's selling more than a Million.

Teriol said:
People who believe the PR talk from sony about the NS not been a direct competitor and all that crap needs to stop and think, rigth now the NS is the sales leader and will be for a long time, and XBOX Scorpio is coming it will eat a lot of ps4 sales, we are on a sells site, it's a given new platforms are competing because they are video games machines, one is an all in one with portability no other has, and the other is atacking the PS4 on their terrain "power" so don't buy the PR talk from sony, both new consoles are eating rigth now ps4 sells, this is going to make sony to rush the ps5 and ps4 are not going to pass the wii on that conditions.

"a children wants an NS and a PS4 for christmas so he begs his father to get both, but his father does not have infinite income so he tells his son to choose one, the NS is gonna win that match because is the new trend, a popular trend", there you have, is one ps4 less for sony and one plus NS for Nintendo.

my dude we have sales numbers for the past 3 months that the switch has been available for, PS4 sales have risen year on year, not fallen, and xbox is in a worse position than they have ever been, while PS4 is in the best position its ever been in which is ridiculous considering its age. But obviously it makes sense considering the large library of games the PS4 has compared to its competitors. basically your whole post is pointless and only exists so that intelligent people can correct you because you are very, very wrong about basically everything you typed

Around the Network
bluedawgs said:
Teriol said:

my dude we have sales numbers for the past 3 months that the switch has been available for, PS4 sales have risen year on year, not fallen, and xbox is in a worse position than they have ever been, while PS4 is in the best position its ever been in which is ridiculous considering its age. But obviously it makes sense considering the large library of games the PS4 has compared to its competitors. basically your whole post is pointless and only exists so that intelligent people can correct you because you are very, very wrong about basically everything you typed

ps4 is on his fourth year, the peak year of all consoles, before you write can you please use the tools VGchartz has? "dude" lol

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
bluedawgs said:

ps4 is on his fourth year, the peak year of all consoles, before you write can you please use the tools VGchartz has? "dude" lol

lol the fuck are you trying to say now bruv

bluedawgs said:
Teriol said:

lol the fuck are you trying to say now bruv

Look at the peak year for sales on the Wii, PS2 and all consoles to date, you will find what i'm talking about. but you are "correcting me" with "intelligence". haha.

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
bluedawgs said:

You're first problem is believing VGChartz over the official trackers, like NPD and Media Create.  Everything we have says the PS4 is up.  If VGC wants to go against that trend and say its down, they can, but at the cost of their own credibility.

Though, after looking at their numbers, they have the PS4 up by 15K YOY, so what are you even going on about?

thismeintiel said:
Teriol said:

You're first problem is believing VGChartz over the official trackers, like NPD and Media Create.  Everything we have says the PS4 is up.  If VGC wants to go against that trend and say its down, they can, but at the cost of their own credibility.

Though, after looking at their numbers, they have the PS4 up by 15K YOY, so what are you even going on about?

Well, i can't discuse nothing with you if you don't believe in vgcharzt numbers :/

What i'm trying to show to the other guy is exactly what i bold in your reply. this year is the peak of sales for ps4.

34 years playing games.