By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict When will Ps4 Outsell Wii

bluedawgs said:
FloatingWaffles said:

It's hilarious how some people in this thread seem to be genuinely getting upset that some others don't think the PS4 will outsell the Wii lol. It's like they're taking it as a personal insult to their all mighty PS4 and must defend it.

OT: I'm not sure if it will outsell the Wii since I haven't payed attention to numbers, but if it does outsell it then it outsells it. If it doesn't then it doesn't. It's at 60 million right now though so if it kept selling at least 10 million a year then sometime

nah most of us just like using logic and facts and when peeps post illogical and made up shit to justify their biased views they will get called out on. do you hate logic, FloatingWaffles? do you dislike correct information and logical thinking? do you also hate sales discussion even though we are on a forum about sales?

What on earth are you talking about? Did you hit reply to the wrong person or some shit? I don't see how what anything you wrote has to do with me or anything that I wrote.

Just because someone writes that they don't think the PS4 will outsell the Wii doesn't mean they're just being 'illogical' or "making up shit", it's just their opinion on what they think of the situation. They might think that PS4 sales will have a huge drop off after this year. They might think the NS or Scorpio will eat into PS4's sales hugely. It could be that they think Wii was such a huge hit that PS4 won't catch up to it. It could be any reason, even if it's a reason you think is dumb or won't ever happen it doesn't matter what you think, it's what they think of the situation. Again, being so quick to "call them out" as you say just makes it look like you're taking it as a personal insult to your almighty PS4 and must defend it at all costs just because someone had a different opinion than you did on it. 

Looking at the facts and sales numbers the PS4 is looking close if it contiues at at least a 10 million per year rate, so why are you getting so upset that someone doesn't think it will when it's looking likely already? Just let those people think what they want then. I even said i'm not sure if it will simply because I personally think that the Wii was such a huge hit that took off like no other consoles have (aside maybe from the PS2?) that any console would have trouble catching up to it, but I also said that if the PS4 does (which it looks likely) then it does and if it doesn't then it doesn't. 

It's really not a big deal dude. 

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
bluedawgs said:

nah most of us just like using logic and facts and when peeps post illogical and made up shit to justify their biased views they will get called out on. do you hate logic, FloatingWaffles? do you dislike correct information and logical thinking? do you also hate sales discussion even though we are on a forum about sales?

What on earth are you talking about? Did you hit reply to the wrong person or some shit? I don't see how what anything you wrote has to do with me or anything that I wrote.

Just because someone writes that they don't think the PS4 will outsell the Wii doesn't mean they're just being 'illogical' or "making up shit", it's just their opinion on what they think of the situation. They might think that PS4 sales will have a huge drop off after this year. They might think the NS or Scorpio will eat into PS4's sales hugely. It could be that they think Wii was such a huge hit that PS4 won't catch up to it. It could be any reason, even if it's a reason you think is dumb or won't ever happen it doesn't matter what you think, it's what they think of the situation. Again, being so quick to "call them out" as you say just makes it look like you're taking it as a personal insult to your almighty PS4 and must defend it at all costs just because someone had a different opinion than you did on it. 

Your rigth, and yet the guy calls me "dude", "idiot",  just because he thiks it's a personal insult say something about his ps4 that he doesn't believe, lol

34 years playing games.

FloatingWaffles said:
bluedawgs said:

nope the comment is directed at you, unless english is a second language for you im not quite sure how you're having trouble comprehending it, but since you are struggling ill try and help you understand. 

So in your first comment, you say its hilarious how some people seem to be "genuinely upset" about people thinking the PS4 wont outsell the Wii. I think thats garbage and you know its garbage. The people responding to people who think the PS4 wont outsell the Wii are responding not because they are "genuinely upset" as you said, but because they are baffled at the false statements and lack of logic and facts that goes in to such a prediction. And since you share the same views and annoyingly commented that people who try to get a grasp of what is going through the heads of such people are "genuinely upset", i decided to ask you if you like logical conversation and facts. So basically people have problems with people who think the PS4 won't outsell the Wii because a prediction like that isn't based in reality and ignores years of sales data and historical trends. 

Teriol said:
pastro243 said:

man you have been making wrong comments the whole thread and he gave you numbers 

Wrong comments, but only on your sony fan minds,  you can denied the fact that NS is eating ps4 sales, but time will show this reality.

what "Sony fan minds" are you talking about? Besides, even if it was eating potential sales (maybe it is), ps4 sales have been growing in spite of it and other users have shown you this with numbers. You spoke of peak years (this or last year could have very well been ps4's peak, still doesn't mean sales will drop off from a cliff) with examples that were wrong

One thing you are right is that time will tell. But at least I'm willing to bet we won't have ps5 on 2018 

Teriol said:
thismeintiel said:

You're first problem is believing VGChartz over the official trackers, like NPD and Media Create.  Everything we have says the PS4 is up.  If VGC wants to go against that trend and say its down, they can, but at the cost of their own credibility.

Though, after looking at their numbers, they have the PS4 up by 15K YOY, so what are you even going on about?

Well, i can't discuse nothing with you if you don't believe in vgcharzt numbers :/

What i'm trying to show to the other guy is exactly what i bold in your reply. this year is the peak of sales for ps4.

If this year is the peak year of the PS4, then you think it will beat last year's 20M?  So, you think the PS4 will be 81M-82M in March of 2018?  Doesn't that mean the PS4 has a much better chance at hitting 102M+.  And I don't think anyone is really arguing against this year being the PS4's best, or at least match last year's sales.  The point is the PS4 isn't going to drop off a cliff just because its past its peak year.  It'll see a slow and steady decline til it is taken off the market.

Even if you are talking calender years and not fiscal years, it being up YOY for the rest of the year means shipments will be up, also.  So even if the beginning of next year is down YOY, it should equal out to being relatively flat for the fiscal year.  So, basically it should be close to 80M by March 2018.  Sales are not going to plummet in 2018 so much so that the PS4 won't be damn close to 100M by March of 2019.  I mean, we're probably going to see a $149 PS4 in 2018.  Maybe $249 for Pro.

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
bluedawgs said:

Looking at the facts and sales numbers the PS4 is looking close if it contiues at at least a 10 million per year rate, so why are you getting so upset that someone doesn't think it will when it's looking likely already? Just let those people think what they want then. I even said i'm not sure if it will simply because I personally think that the Wii was such a huge hit that took off like no other consoles have (aside maybe from the PS2?) that any console would have trouble catching up to it, but I also said that if the PS4 does (which it looks likely) then it does and if it doesn't then it doesn't. 

It's really not a big deal dude. 

sorry man, when i see dumb ass shit posted im gonna call them out, i dont know about you, but false and idiotic statements really get on my nerves. also, yes of course its not a big deal, no one actually gives a fuck cus its video game sales, but since we're on a video game sales forum and as long as i have an account im not gonna read stupid ass shit and let it slide 

Leadified said:
DialgaMarine said:

March 31st 2019

Edit: wow, some people on here really do not want to see it outsell the Wii. Sorry bros, but its gonna happen lol

I'd like to hear justification for this, you think Sony will ship 20M PS4s in FY 2018?

OT: 2020.

They're expecting to have sold 78 million units by the end of FY17. I honestly think that's fairly conservative, especially seeing as it's almost a given they're gonna shatter sales records this holiday, what with all the third party deals and the potential for God of War launching this year. I can honestly see Sony shipping 81+ million PS4's by the end of FY17. I think it's very possible they'll ship 20 million during FY18 if they surpass their forecast. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Leadified said:

I'd like to hear justification for this, you think Sony will ship 20M PS4s in FY 2018?

OT: 2020.

They're expecting to have sold 78 million units by the end of FY17. I honestly think that's fairly conservative, especially seeing as it's almost a given they're gonna shatter sales records this holiday, what with all the third party deals and the potential for God of War launching this year. I can honestly see Sony shipping 81+ million PS4's by the end of FY17. I think it's very possible they'll ship 20 million during FY18 if they surpass their forecast. 

Interesting, thanks.

bluedawgs said:
FloatingWaffles said:

nope the comment is directed at you, unless english is a second language for you im not quite sure how you're having trouble comprehending it, but since you are struggling ill try and help you understand. 

So in your first comment, you say its hilarious how some people seem to be "genuinely upset" about people thinking the PS4 wont outsell the Wii. I think thats garbage and you know its garbage. The people responding to people who think the PS4 wont outsell the Wii are responding not because they are "genuinely upset" as you said, but because they are baffled at the false statements and lack of logic and facts that goes in to such a prediction. And since you share the same views and annoyingly commented that people who try to get a grasp of what is going through the heads of such people are "genuinely upset", i decided to ask you if you like logical conversation and facts. So basically people have problems with people who think the PS4 won't outsell the Wii because a prediction like that isn't based in reality and ignores years of sales data and historical trends. 

I don't "know it's garbage" since what I said isn't wrong. Just read some of the posts in here and replies. Some people really don't seem to like that others don't agree the PS4 will outsell the Wii. Perhaps saying some people are "genuinely upset" sounds like a bit of over-exaggeration since I doubt anyone gives a fuck enough to be upset about it on this site (though you never know) but some people do seem to be annoyed that others don't agree with them on this based on how their replies read.

Also what 'views do I share' that you are talking about? I said it could go either way with the PS4 outselling the Wii or not since there could be plenty of factors so that while i'm not sure if it will I think it's still likely and if it were to happen maybe around 2020-2021. Unless you're complaining that I didn't 100% agree that it will outsell it? It's not a "view that I share" it's just my opinion.

You seem to be either missing this or by choice not listening to it, but it's not just "illogical" or "ignoring facts" for someone to think that the PS4 won't outsell the Wii, since they can literally think that for ANY reason, even if the reason itself is dumb in your opinion still it is their opinion and they're entitled to think whatever they want (and likewise maybe those people would think your reason for it passing the Wii would be dumb in their opinion). It's not like someone is ignoring how well the PS4 has sold thus far by not agreeing that it will outsell the Wii, it's just that they think for a specific reason or reasons(such as the ones I mentioned as examples before) that it won't. Just like how you think that it will based on a specific reason or reasons you have thought of.

All it looks like right now is that you seem to be incapable of accepting that some people don't think the PS4 will outsell the Wii just because you do if you're just going to call anyone that disagrees "illogical" or "ignoring facts/sales data". Again, it's not a big deal. 

thismeintiel said:
Teriol said:

Well, i can't discuse nothing with you if you don't believe in vgcharzt numbers :/

What i'm trying to show to the other guy is exactly what i bold in your reply. this year is the peak of sales for ps4.

If this year is the peak year of the PS4, then you think it will beat last year's 20M?  So, you think the PS4 will be 81M-82M in March of 2018?  Doesn't that mean the PS4 has a much better chance at hitting 102M+.  And I don't think anyone is really arguing against this year being the PS4's best, or at least match last year's sales.  The point is the PS4 isn't going to drop off a cliff just because its past its peak year.  It'll see a slow and steady decline til it is taken off the market.

Even if you are talking calender years and not fiscal years, it being up YOY for the rest of the year means shipments will be up, also.  So even if the beginning of next year is down YOY, it should equal out to being relatively flat for the fiscal year.  So, basically it should be close to 80M by March 2018.  Sales are not going to plummet in 2018 so much so that the PS4 won't be damn close to 100M by March of 2019.  I mean, we're probably going to see a $149 PS4 in 2018.  Maybe $249 for Pro.

Exactly ps4 has pass his peak year, and now with xbox scorpio and NS  eating sales it will not get to 100 millions, probably making sony to rush ps5 to market, that's what i'm think will happen.

34 years playing games.