By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 29th April 2017 - Hardware

JWeinCom said:
Anyone else surprised by 3DS sales? Only down by about 25% yoy. I thought it'd drop more quickly.

I did too. Seemingly Nintendos strategy works to keep 3DS alive a bit more. But I'm surprised that works.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
loy310 said:

PS4 holding steady considering all things, makes me wonder if its even competing for the same audiance?

Probably not. Well, there is always some overlap, but it seems to me with the Switch Nintendo moved even farther away form PS and XB. I think the market overlap is getting smaller.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

xl-klaudkil said:
Louie said:

Noo its funny  how those stats include  ds but not ps2 to make it  look like ninty owned  the world  before  ps4,it didnt.

Soo your saying switch will go on and outsell  ps4 easily, but  if it doesn't do that its ninty there  fault and not because  the" high" demand for 3 months. 

Those stats didn't include the PS2 for a number of reasons:

1) The PS2 was a different generation than the Wii and DS which were both gen 7

2) It was an analysis focused on Nintendo's sales - I didn't talk much about Sony's sales, did I? I just compared the PS4 baseline to that of the DS and Wii to show how insanely successful they were

3) VGChartz didn't track sales during the PS2 days. There was no way for me to include those sales in my graph

I never said Nintendo owned the world before PS4, dude. Did I anger you with my post? That wasn't my intention. Sony was the market leader during the PS2 era and the PS2 was highly successful. There, I said it. It's not a secret. Everyone knows this. 

I don't get your last sentence. Yeah, if the Switch sells bad it's Nintendo's fault. If the PS5 sells bad it's Sony's fault. If the next Xbox sells bad it's Microsoft's fault. And why would the current high demand be to blame for a Switch fail? Or did I fail to understand your point? Also, yes demand for Switch is currently higher than demand for PS4. If you are taller than me you are taller. If Switch sales are above PS4 sales demand is higher. It's the same if PS4 sales are higher... 

Jranation said:
xl-klaudkil said:

3,5  years, you now understand  why ps5 wont be released  next year or im 2019..

Sony sticks  with  its main system until  next gen.

Nintendo  gave up on wiiu.

How about the PSVita? 

Sony gave up on the Vita long, long ago. They didn't produce any new software. They still produce the system, because they didn't made a successor. As long as someone is buying it, and buying games with royalties for Sony, as long will Sony maintain production. But they didn't invest anything in the platform for a long time now.

Mar1217 said:
Rem87919394 said:
People still taking vgchartz numbers as fact 😂😂😂😂😂😂

A defensive post comming from you is quite funny though

Defensive in what way? System sales mean nothing to me. I've always said play what you want and be happy. Guys like you are the ones that get defensive. It's video games man. What a game or system sales does nothing doesn't impact my life. Read my other post😂😂😂

Around the Network

Surely with the wii u selling such low numbers, about the same as 360 and ps3 combined it should be removed from the main bar chart and replaced with Switch. wii u isn't iimportant to the industry anymore but Switch certainly is.

I was expecting the Switch to have a huge boost this week due to Mario kart, probably more than this to be honest in Europe but again the Switch supply issue is still there. ukstockinformer shows Switch at one of its worst stock levels with even the argos stores almost going down to single figures. So mariokart has been a huge boost, unsurprisingly as such an amazing game.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

I just wish I could feel more enthusiastic myself about the system but the 2 great games available for it, Zelda and Mario kart are pretty much the 2 same games I have on my wii u.

Saw a woman and child coming out of a Game store the other day with a boxed Switch console. The kid was very happy as you can imagine and clearly the recipient of the purchase. The joys and anticipation of youth.

Still dont believe Xbox is that close to the PS4 sales, in the US.
However man these are some slow weeks.

Any news when Switch will get its own bar on the front page? It's been almost two moths already, since first SW numbers. 

xl-klaudkil said:

Ps4 is getting crushed only a matter of time when supply issues are fixes for switch to sell 500-1mil a week and catch up to ps4 even before ps5 comes out.

lol, you are a bit of a drama queen whenever PS4 is outsold for a week. It is a new console with the release of possibly Nintendo's biggest franchise, upgraded port or not. The Switch has many more challenges to overcome  before we could even begin to talk about it having a chance of ever catching PS4

xl-klaudkil said:

Ps4 is getting crushed only a matter of time when supply issues are fixes for switch to sell 500-1mil a week and catch up to ps4 even before ps5 comes out.

Difference  between  ps4 and xbox  in usa seems incredible  small,nothing  like where seeing  this couple of weeks on amazon  etc..kinda weird

Let's not go crazy here m8.