By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 29th April 2017 - Hardware

Kyuu said:
Qwark said:

Don't know about the Wii U but I do know that when destiny launched the PS4 sold around 360k if I remember correctly. Anyway Mario Kart is and will always be a system seller like pokemon. So I don't get why everyone is surprised that it did sell well. The real question is will the Switch still 200k weekly after it got a Mario Kart, 3D Mario and Zelda.

Apparently it did 131k which is awful. But didnt ps4 sell about 550k in the destiny week? I don't know but I think people are vastly overestimating Switch outside Japan. Those ds like sales expectations are premature and sound terribly unrealistic.

90-110 million is more feasible. I think it will fail to outsell ps4 due in part to a shorter lifespan.

The Switch could outsell the PS4 and I looked at the thread PS4 thread for 2015. But I might have picked the wrong week since I tought Destiny week was 500k. Buy it also released before the holidays. Anyway just because the Switch is outselling the PS4 now with plenty of big guns in its first year doesn't mean it will keep outselling it forever like some Nintendo fans are claiming already. A console war is a marathon not a sprint people tend to forget that quite often.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Qwark said:

Don't know about the Wii U but I do know that when destiny launched the PS4 sold around 360k if I remember correctly. Anyway Mario Kart is and will always be a system seller like pokemon. So I don't get why everyone is surprised that it did sell well. The real question is will the Switch still 200k weekly after it got a Mario Kart, 3D Mario and Zelda.

Apparently it did 131k which is awful. But didnt ps4 sell about 550k in the destiny week? I don't know but I think people are vastly overestimating Switch outside Japan. Those ds like sales expectations are premature and sound terribly unrealistic.

90-110 million is more feasible. I think it will fail to outsell ps4 due in part to a shorter lifespan.

Why are we comparing a new game to a port? If you want to make a comparrison, look at what the TLOU port did for the PS4; http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41854/Global/

Looking back, there were weeks where PS4 would go down to 130k~ during it's first summer. it'll be interesting to see how low Switch could go between big releases this summer and fall.

Kristof81 said:

Any news when Switch will get its own bar on the front page? It's been almost two moths already, since first SW numbers. 

This is good question.

Amazing sales, still can't wrap my head around it. We got us a contender, ya'll.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Slarvax said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Difference  between  ps4 and xbox  in usa seems incredible  small,nothing  like where seeing  this couple of weeks on amazon  etc..kinda weird

Yeah, the XBO is overtracked in the US, and the PS4 a little undertracked.

For April, VGC has the PS4 at 193,137 (NPD had it at 210k I think), and the XBO at 172,986 (NPD had it at no more than 140k).

On the other hand, Switch tracking is almost perfect, with VGC saying it sold 283,438 (Nintendo said 280k). The 3DS was also overtracked. VGC says it sold 85,395 (Nintendo said 68k).

Thank you

Around the Network

So is it cool to be a Nintendo fan again?

I remember people saying not even a year ago that the NX would sell less than the Wii U and that the Wii was the outlier and every subsequent Nintendo home console will have declining sales. I do not want to speak too soon, but if the NS keeps selling this well for even a few more months third parties will be forced to support the Switch like they did the Wii and that will give the console critical mass and guarantee a fairly successful generation for Nintendo.

Kristof81 said:

Any news when Switch will get its own bar on the front page? It's been almost two moths already, since first SW numbers. 

This, I think the best choice would be to add a page other than This Gen and Last Gen called "Leading Hardware" where we see Switch, PS4, XOne, 3DS and Vita 

Is it me or for the first time since the Wii a Nintendo is selling more than Sony and MS combined?

I wonder how will be the sales number after 15m, coz I'm assuming right now the only people buying Switch would be former Wii U owners, the die hard nintendo fans who were like waiting for 2 gens to get a really good consoles from Nintendo and of course scalpers.

This fall will be interesting considering big third party heavy hitters are coming which will not be on Nintendo Switch.. IMO The only way Nintendo could compete is with pokemon.. coz people who are mario fans has already bought the switch.

i really dont understand how the switch is seeling so much, i can only think its because its a in between device

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...