By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Year 1 - Week 52 - Global Switch Sales vs WiiU/XboxOne/3DS/PS4

RolStoppable said:
LimaBean01 said:
sorry to annoy but does anyone know when the hardware sales will update? i thought they usually update the same time as global software does but its been a while :3

Hardware and software charts are done by two different people and neither chart is on a regular schedule for updates, so it's anybody's guess on which day the next update gets uploaded.

oh okay thankyou! (sorry, im a new member)

Around the Network

While we're at chart updates: When will be Nintendos next Investor's meeting? It should be at the end of this month, but I don't know when exactly

RolStoppable said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
While we're at chart updates: When will be Nintendos next Investor's meeting? It should be at the end of this month, but I don't know when exactly

Financial results are scheduled for October 30th. An English transcript of investors' Q&A should be available by November 2nd.

Can't wait to see how far off we are.

Errm, hardware is seemingly in: 139.953. Major drop but beating PS4 launch aligned by a hair.
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42967/Global/

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Updated OP

Around the Network
guiduc said:
RolStoppable said:

Financial results are scheduled for October 30th. An English transcript of investors' Q&A should be available by November 2nd.

My guess is that, at this financial results meeting, Nintendo will announce that they have shipped 7.5 million consoles by September 30, 2017

Possibly wrong, but based on what we have observed in NPD and MC results, they have definitely shipped more for July through September, than they did for April through June.

Even if Nintendo had 0% increase, they would have still shipped 6.72 million switches 2.74 + 1.96 + 1.96 = 6.72

Assuming they can do "only" 1.5 million per month for the Holidays + Jan and Feb, that would still put the first 12 months LTD at 14.22 million Switches Shipped, 6.72 + 5x(1.5) = 14.22

Indeed, it will be interesting to see how it all turns out...

trent44 said:
guiduc said:

My guess is that, at this financial results meeting, Nintendo will announce that they have shipped 7.5 million consoles by September 30, 2018

Possibly wrong, but based on what we have observed in NPD and MC results, they have definitely shipped more for July through September, than they did for April through June.

Even if Nintendo had 0% increase, they would have still shipped 6.72 million switches 2.74 + 1.96 + 1.96 = 6.72

Assuming they can do "only" 1.5 million per month for the Holidays + Jan and Feb, that would still put the first 12 months LTD at 14.22 million Switches Shipped, 6.72 + 5x(1.5) = 14.22

7.5 million by September 2018????

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
trent44 said:

My guess is that, at this financial results meeting, Nintendo will announce that they have shipped 7.5 million consoles by September 30, 2018 2017

7.5 million by September 2018????

Fixed, thank you

:P

Green098 said:

Updated OP

OMG Green, how quick can you be!

trent44 said:
guiduc said:

My guess is that, at this financial results meeting, Nintendo will announce that they have shipped 7.5 million consoles by September 30, 2017

I think 7.5 million is a little too optimistic. That would only be possible if the shipment increase to the Americas and Other was to the same degree as the shipment increase to Japan, and NPD data indicates that this is unlikely. I'm guessing lifetime shipments as of September 30th will be somewhere between 6.9M and 7.2M.