By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Elderly woman assaulted at pool party while everyone is watching & laughing at her

Ka-pi96 said:
burninmylight said:

You could have made this same post without the words "black", "white", "BLM crap" and "racially", and made the same point. I'm willing to bet the same outcome would have happened if the woman was of any race or color.

Also, 50 is pretty elderly. By age 50, you definitely need glasses, you definitely need a ton more rest than you used to 15 years ago, and she's definitely bruised and in pain from when he dropped her. It's a pretty huge deal.

That's not true. There's plenty of 50 year olds that don't need glasses. My dad (51) is one of them even!

I'd like to see how he does on an eye test at the DMV.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
burninmylight said:

You could have made this same post without the words "black", "white", "BLM crap" and "racially", and made the same point. I'm willing to bet the same outcome would have happened if the woman was of any race or color.

Also, 50 is pretty elderly. By age 50, you definitely need glasses, you definitely need a ton more rest than you used to 15 years ago, and she's definitely bruised and in pain from when he dropped her. It's a pretty huge deal.

Sorry, I'm not a writer for CCN or Huffington post. They always mention race except with a person of color did something bad. I always mention a person's race when it comes to anything because it's a common characteristic used to describe a person. If it was an older black woman, they wouldn't have done that. Things are more racially charged than before and BLM is emboldening young and dumb black people to act more violent in general. There's plenty of normal acting black people out there but there's also guillable dumb ones too just like any other race. 

Anyway, glasses don't have much to do with a person's age except if a person has bad eyes already or a defect of some kind, it will only get worse over time. I've worn glasses since I was a kid. It's not a good indicator of a person's age. To me, elderly is someone that's a senior citizen. 60+.  It seems most would agree with that as far as I can find on it with searches. 

You're using BLM as an easy and convenient target to fit your narrative when the truth is that you have zero clue whether this would have happened if Nancy James was black, or if the teens were white. You're somehow coming out to sound just as racist as the trolls with alt accounts that come out with the obnoxious "black people suck" posts.

This sums up your thoughts on the matter in a nutshell: "Black Lives Matter is a social movement that is emboldening young and dumb black people to act more violent in general. A black teen happened to get caught on camera assaulting a white woman. Therefore, BLM is responsible for this!".

And regarding glasses, you know damn well that wasn't my point, so why are you focusing on one aspect and ignoring what the topic is really about? It doesn't change the fact that an elderly woman was manhandled against her will and bruised, and it could have turned out much worse. It's much different for a person past the age of 50 to take a nasty fall than it is for someone much younger. It just really sounds like you had nothing to reply to that, so you cherry-picked that one particular part to get away from the matter.

Dallinor said:
Flilix said:

I agree. It wasn't that bad. I mean, I just don't get why everyone is making such a big deal out of this. These kind of things happen everyday.

If that was your mother in the video, would it be that bad?

Sure, stuff like this happens daily. Far worse stuff happens too. Simply being desensitized to this sort of behaviour does not reduce the significance of what it is.

Maybe we should pay more attention to that far worse stuff.

My stepfather is a judge.  A few weeks ago, he had a lawsuit against two young men who killed an old man in front of his house. They dragged him out of his house, stabbed him, and then keeped kicking him till he was certainly dead. Then, they robbed his house.

It didn't get in the news though.

Thats strange

Flilix said:
Dallinor said:

Sure, stuff like this happens daily. Far worse stuff happens too. Simply being desensitized to this sort of behaviour does not reduce the significance of what it is.

My stepfather is a judge.  A few weeks ago, he had a lawsuit against two young men who killed an old man in front of his house. They dragged him out of his house, stabbed him, and then keeped kicking him till he was certainly dead. Then, they robbed his house.

civil case or criminal?  you said lawsuit ...

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Dallinor said:

It would be ALL over the news if there was video of it. That's the difference between the Rodney King case and just another black man getting beat down by cops* (please read the disclaimer below, assholes). That's the difference between former NFL star Ray Rice not being able to get back into the league and just another athlete assaulting a woman (like Joe Mixon, "allegedly"). That's why anyone would care about this matter. If there was no video, this thread would be lucky to get 10 posts.

*ATTN: Assholes - I'm well aware of the details behind the Rodney King case, and I am not here to talk about whether he had it coming. THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE is that it got so big because it was on video. Don't reply to this talking about something else.

burninmylight said:
Aeolus451 said:

Sorry, I'm not a writer for CCN or Huffington post. They always mention race except with a person of color did something bad. I always mention a person's race when it comes to anything because it's a common characteristic used to describe a person. If it was an older black woman, they wouldn't have done that. Things are more racially charged than before and BLM is emboldening young and dumb black people to act more violent in general. There's plenty of normal acting black people out there but there's also guillable dumb ones too just like any other race. 

Anyway, glasses don't have much to do with a person's age except if a person has bad eyes already or a defect of some kind, it will only get worse over time. I've worn glasses since I was a kid. It's not a good indicator of a person's age. To me, elderly is someone that's a senior citizen. 60+.  It seems most would agree with that as far as I can find on it with searches. 

You're using BLM as an easy and convenient target to fit your narrative when the truth is that you have zero clue whether this would have happened if Nancy James was black, or if the teens were white. You're somehow coming out to sound just as racist as the trolls with alt accounts that come out with the obnoxious "black people suck" posts.

This sums up your thoughts on the matter in a nutshell: "Black Lives Matter is a social movement that is emboldening young and dumb black people to act more violent in general. A black teen happened to get caught on camera assaulting a white woman. Therefore, BLM is responsible for this!".

And regarding glasses, you know damn well that wasn't my point, so why are you focusing on one aspect and ignoring what the topic is really about? It doesn't change the fact that an elderly woman was manhandled against her will and bruised, and it could have turned out much worse. It's much different for a person past the age of 50 to take a nasty fall than it is for someone much younger. It just really sounds like you had nothing to reply to that, so you cherry-picked that one particular part to get away from the matter.

lmao. No, I'm not coming off as racist. I already commented on the topic in a reasoned way. I don't even think this instance is a big deal.  You just don't like that I'm saying that BLM is likely influencing some young black people in a negative way. BLM is a hate group that encourages young black to people to do criminal acts to get attention for their "cause".  It's completely logical to bring them up with cases like this where a group of young black people behave in a bad way. The movement perpetuates racism and hatred of others. Even the reasoning behind the movement is flawed. Blacks Lives Matter doesn't actually care about black lives. It ignores what actually kills black people and only breeds racism which will only make it worse. 

I'll prove my point in the invalidity of BLM's message. 

Leading Causes of Death (LCOD) by Race/Ethnicity, All Males-United States, 2014* https://www.cdc.gov/men/lcod/2014/race-ethnicity/index.htm

1. Heart disease 24.1%

2. Cancer 22.2%

3. Unintentional injuries 6.1%

4. Stroke 4.9%

5. Homicide 4.3%

6. Diabetes 4.1%

7. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 3.2%

8. Kidney disease 2.6%

9. Septicemia 1.9%

10. Influenza & pneumonia 1.7%

Not one of those is a part of BLM's message. 

Number 1 COD of black males between the ages of 15 to 34 is homicide. https://www.cdc.gov/men/lcod/2014/black/index.htm

"Last year, PolitiFact found that 93 percent of murder victims were killed by someone who shares their race." http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/24/juan-williams/juan-williams-no-1-cause-death-african-americans-1/

Now, to support my claim that BLM is a hate group and encourages violence/racism. 

I'm not saying that BLM is directily behind what happened at the pool party but it likely influenced some young black people there into being more violent than they would have otherwise. It's completely normal for younger people to disagree with older people on what it's an acceptable volume on music and to argue with them over it. For teenagers to think it's ok to attempt pick up an elderly lady twice and throw her in a pool is something way beyond the norm.

SpokenTruth said:
Aeolus451 said:

lmao. No, I'm not coming off as racist. I already commented on the topic in a reasoned way. I don't even think this instance is a big deal.  You just don't like that I'm saying that BLM is likely influencing some young black people in a negative way. BLM is a hate group that encourages young black to people to do criminal acts to get attention for their "cause".  It's completely logical to bring them up with cases like this where a group of young black people behave in a bad way. The movement perpetuates racism and hatred of others. Even the reasoning behind the movement is flawed. Blacks Lives Matter doesn't actually care about black lives. It ignores what actually kills black people and only breeds racism which will only make it worse. 

I'll prove my point in the invalidity of BLM's message. 

Leading Causes of Death (LCOD) by Race/Ethnicity, All Males-United States, 2014* https://www.cdc.gov/men/lcod/2014/race-ethnicity/index.htm

1. Heart disease 24.1%

2. Cancer 22.2%

3. Unintentional injuries 6.1%

4. Stroke 4.9%

5. Homicide 4.3%

6. Diabetes 4.1%

7. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 3.2%

8. Kidney disease 2.6%

9. Septicemia 1.9%

10. Influenza & pneumonia 1.7%

Not one of those is a part of BLM's message. 

Number 1 COD of black males between the ages of 15 to 34 is homicide. https://www.cdc.gov/men/lcod/2014/black/index.htm

"Last year, PolitiFact found that 93 percent of murder victims were killed by someone who shares their race." http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/24/juan-williams/juan-williams-no-1-cause-death-african-americans-1/

Now, to support my claim that BLM is a hate group and encourages violence/racism. 

I'm not saying that BLM is directily behind what happened at the pool party but it likely influenced some young black people there into being more violent than they would have otherwise. It's completely normal for younger people to disagree with older people on what it's an acceptable volume on music and to argue with them over it. For teenagers to think it's ok to attempt pick up an elderly lady twice and throw her in a pool is something way beyond the norm.

Associating this act with BLM is rather inane.   Calling the BLM movement a hate group is equally asinine.  It shows you only know a surperficial, and fictional, understanding of the movement perpetuated by the likes of Alex Jones, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

Again, I didn't say that BLM is behind it but it's definitely influencing young black people in a negative way. I don't watch any of those people. It's obvious what BLM is. You have a brain, use it.

SpokenTruth said:
Aeolus451 said:

Again, I didn't say that BLM is behind it but it's definitely influencing young black people in a negative way. I don't watch any of those people. It's obvious what BLM is. You have a brain, use it.

And I'm asking you to use yours. 

How is BLM influencing negative behavior at a pool party?
What makes the BLM movement (which has no central organization, by the way), a hate group?

Read my earlier post and not skim over it to answer both of those questions. 

BLM is a racist movement and it does normalize hateful actions against whites. I can definitely see how it may encourage violence everywhere including swimming pools. With that said, the video in the OP had nothing to do with race and that's why I ignored racist comments.