By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Elderly woman assaulted at pool party while everyone is watching & laughing at her

The kid who did it turned himself in.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

To be perfectly honest, she wasn't slammed and I wouldn't call her elderly. She's in her 50s from the look of her. The dumbass guy was trying to pick her up to carry her to the pool and throw her in but he slipped, so both of them fell. He picked her back up and threw her/jumped in the pool with her. It's not as big as deal as it sounds in my opinion.

The black kids were extremely disrespectful to her and shouldn't have threw her in, though. On the other hand, the white woman had no sense going over to party full of black teenagers to tell them to turn down the music with all of the BLM crap going on and things being more racially charged than ever. She should have just called the cops to deal with trying to get them to turn down the music.

burninmylight said:
Aeolus451 said:

To be perfectly honest, she wasn't slammed and I wouldn't call her elderly. She's in her 50s from the look of her. The dumbass guy was trying to pick her up to carry her to the pool and throw her in but he slipped, so both of them fell. He picked her back up and threw her/jumped in the pool with her. It's not as big as deal as it sounds in my opinion.

The black kids were extremely disrespectful to her and shouldn't have threw her in, though. On the other hand, the white woman had no sense going over to party full of black teenagers to tell them to turn down the music with all of the BLM crap going on and things being more racially charged than ever. She should have just called the cops to deal with trying to get them to turn down the music.

You could have made this same post without the words "black", "white", "BLM crap" and "racially", and made the same point. I'm willing to bet the same outcome would have happened if the woman was of any race or color.

Also, 50 is pretty elderly. By age 50, you definitely need glasses, you definitely need a ton more rest than you used to 15 years ago, and she's definitely bruised and in pain from when he dropped her. It's a pretty huge deal.

Ka-pi96 said:
burninmylight said:

You could have made this same post without the words "black", "white", "BLM crap" and "racially", and made the same point. I'm willing to bet the same outcome would have happened if the woman was of any race or color.

Also, 50 is pretty elderly. By age 50, you definitely need glasses, you definitely need a ton more rest than you used to 15 years ago, and she's definitely bruised and in pain from when he dropped her. It's a pretty huge deal.

That's not true. There's plenty of 50 year olds that don't need glasses. My dad (51) is one of them even!

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's not true. There's plenty of 50 year olds that don't need glasses. My dad (51) is one of them even!

Because he's blind.

Her name is Nancy, and she's 68 years old.

"Nancy James was just trying to break up a loud outdoor party at her North Lauderdale apartment complex when one of the party-goers picked up the 68-year-old woman and tossed her into the pool.

James, treasurer of the Players Place apartments homeowners association, was bruised on her leg and shoulder but not seriously hurt about 7 p.m. Saturday, according to Broward sheriff’s deputies.

A 16-year-old Margate boy turned himself in to authorities early Monday. He will face a charge of battery on a person 65 years or older and is headed to juvenile detention, said Veda Coleman-Wright, a spokeswoman for the Broward Sheriff’s Office."

braqs.

LurkerJ said:
Aeolus451 said:

burninmylight said:

Ka-pi96 said:

vivster said:

Because he's blind.

Her name is Nancy, and she's 68 years old.

"Nancy James was just trying to break up a loud outdoor party at her North Lauderdale apartment complex when one of the party-goers picked up the 68-year-old woman and tossed her into the pool.

James, treasurer of the Players Place apartments homeowners association, was bruised on her leg and shoulder but not seriously hurt about 7 p.m. Saturday, according to Broward sheriff’s deputies.

A 16-year-old Margate boy turned himself in to authorities early Monday. He will face a charge of battery on a person 65 years or older and is headed to juvenile detention, said Veda Coleman-Wright, a spokeswoman for the Broward Sheriff’s Office."

Well, I was wrong about her age. Guess she dyes her hair or something. She looks alot younger.  At least she wasn't hurt and the kid turned himself in. Hopefully the kids learns to not listen to his "friends" suggestions. 

kodeindahjunk said:

Ah them again, african people. Causing troubles in the west, selling & smuggling drugs in asia. And they keep wondering why the whole world hate them. The image of black people here in asia is, if he is not an athelete then he is definitely a drug dealer or a criminal. For black women, you can guess it.

Call me racist, i don't care. Most people view africans like this in southeast asia even korea, they are not even accepted very well in singapore. Everyone makes fun of black people even police & detectives, they are members of the black list.

You africans need to educate your children. Do it like asian people, educate your children,test their intelligence with IQ test, and beat them until their IQ are above average.

Moderated - think-man

LOL This is too perfect. Of course any criminal act by blacks becomes a referendum on the entire race. It's as if people like you have never seen people from any other race than black people commit crimes. Everyday when there's black people doing things like this there are people of every other race also commiting crimes. I guess the proud people of Korea and Singapore only see crimes commited by blacks. I'm sure there are no Koreans or Singaporans(sp?) committing crimes in those countries. Y'know, as soon as I watched the video I knew there'd be some clown who'd blame it on the assailant's race. I don't need to call you racist because you already know, you even said it yourself. Test your IQ, because it's obvious you're not very bright.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

Tresspassing?  This happened at an apt pool where she lived. In N Luaderdale FL. Not certain, but I would assume at least one of the party people lived there too. So they are resposible for the conduct of guests they invite to the APT COMMUNITY pool.  Infortunately for the lady, suing any of these people would get her $20. She could sue the Apt Compplex probably though for not enforcing pool rules resulting in her inuries, which she has to have at least some. And that main hooligan is lucky as hell she isn;t dead. Also he easily could have either stepped on or drowned that small dog too, which would also be a charge. He will surely be doing some jail time for the assault and failure to render aid. As it should be with some of those other partiers. It also doesn't matter if he slipped, she still was slammed to the pool deck and thrown in the pool like she was a toy. If this had been a black lady and white partiers, the news would be 24/7 on it for a week.

Aeolus451 said:

Well, I was wrong about her age. Guess she dyes her hair or something. She looks alot younger.  At least she wasn't hurt and the kid turned himself in. Hopefully the kids learns to not listen to his "friends" suggestions. 

Watch her talk about what happened here

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/35376927/woman-thrown-in-pool-says-nobody-should-have-to-go-through-that

She's such a sweeth heart. She also doesn't look like someone who's almost 70.

think-man said:
Dallinor said:

Are you serious?

I just watched a video of a boy slamming a woman on to a concrete surface (where she hits her head), he then returns to his feet grabs her by the leg and the front of her shirt, and throws her carelessly in to a pool with two dogs. 

That's unquestionably assault. Legally,  assault can be as light as verbal slandour coupled with the displays of physical intention of harm, ala raised fists with insults. This is quite a few steps beyond that. 

I don't understand the apologists here "oh he was just trying to..." He picked up a woman, fell over, then instead of apologising as the gravity of his mistake sets in, he forcefully, and indecently manhandles her into a pool with her two animals. It's just so utterly reckless and dangerous. He has already tripped once, has not assessed to see if she or the animals are hurt, has no understanding of her ability to swim (given the great display of his character, I can't imagine he was the acting lifeguard immediately after) or of any of her underlying health conditions.

Even if she was completely unscathed, this event will undoubtably be traumatic for her.

I dunno, I was expecting something much worse. I mostly felt sorry for the dogs. If the guy didn't slip over and the dogs weren't involved it would just be a video of a lady getting thrown into a pool. 

I agree. It wasn't that bad. I mean, I just don't get why everyone is making such a big deal out of this. These kind of things happen everyday.

I bet if the cops shot them you'd have people complaining even when its on video that they would have deserved it.

Flilix said:
think-man said:

I dunno, I was expecting something much worse. I mostly felt sorry for the dogs. If the guy didn't slip over and the dogs weren't involved it would just be a video of a lady getting thrown into a pool. 

I agree. It wasn't that bad. I mean, I just don't get why everyone is making such a big deal out of this. These kind of things happen everyday.

If that was your mother in the video, would it be that bad?

Sure, stuff like this happens daily. Far worse stuff happens too. Simply being desensitized to this sort of behaviour does not reduce the significance of what it is.