By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lego City Undercover sold more on Switch than PS4 X1 in U.S

Tagged games:

Slarvax said:
I only wonder at what point do Switch owners have games to play. July? 10 first party releases? At the end of 2018?

That's what Zorg is trying to know, too, yet can't get an answer.

Around the Network
Dante9 said:
Porcupine_I said:
I'm not surprised, I remember back in the day when the PS3 was starved for games, I bought anything I was even remotely interested in.

Yup. This generation, I actually bought Bloodborne mainly because there was very slim pickings in the beginning for the PS4.

So people buying whatever they can get their hands on for the Switch or certain titles dong better on that platform doesn't surprise me in the least and people shouldn't read too much into it. Not saying the Switch isn't succesful, though. It's too early to tell one way or the other.

Have to wonder about Tetris, though. Do people still play that, it's so dull and simplistic? I guess it's always going to be new for some people. Why don't they re-release Pong while they're at it?

Don't even remind me about what i bought during the PS4 launch window. :D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Pyro as Bill said:
TallSilhouette said:

Having lots of other games to play. 

It's Tetris though.

Isn't there like 4 different versions of Tetris on PSN? I bought Puyo Puyo Tetris on Switch b/c I wanted someone for the platform. :shrug:

I'm surprised it has done as well as it has done on any of the platforms. Lego selling well on a Nintendo platform makes sense though, regardless of userbase.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

"Lego City Undercover sold more on Switch than PS4 X1 in U.S"

Cue the "b-but SWITCH HAZ NO GAEMS" comments.

Not good numbers for the Switch either, but it could have long legs

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
Pyro as Bill said:
LEGO I can understand but what's the 60m PS4 owners excuse for Puyo Puyo Tetris doing better on Switch (UK at least). It's ~50% more expensive than the PS4 version and Switch is sold out. No3 on Switch's UK digital chart too.

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

No guns/giant Swords or scantily clad women or super realistic graphics

I wish I was joking, but that seems what sells on PS4/Xbox ONE, plus racing/sports simulation games, to the exclusion of almost everything else

You say that like the two best sellers on Switch by a huge margin aren't a game with giant swords + scantily clad women and a racing game, lol (and the next best seller is likely to be a shooter). 

Weak sales on all systems incl. PC. Doesn't deserve a thread.

Im not in Lego stuff but result is as expected.Switch is for kids audience like most Nintendo stuff.

target audience?

TallSilhouette said:
Bofferbrauer said:

No guns/giant Swords or scantily clad women or super realistic graphics

I wish I was joking, but that seems what sells on PS4/Xbox ONE, plus racing/sports simulation games, to the exclusion of almost everything else

You say that like the two best sellers on Switch by a huge margin aren't a game with giant swords + scantily clad women and a racing game, lol (and the next best seller is likely to be a shooter). 

Of course it sells on Switch too

But a game like Bomberman R or ARMS probably wouldn't fly high on a non-Nintendo console these days.

Jump 'n run, Puzzle Games, lighthearted games in general, these all probably have way better chances on a Nintendo console than on a Xbox or Playstation nowadays