By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lego City Undercover sold more on Switch than PS4 X1 in U.S

Tagged games:

Pyro as Bill said:
TallSilhouette said:

Having lots of other games to play. 

It's Tetris though.

Exactly.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
Pyro as Bill said:

It's Tetris though.

Exactly.

Sniper Ghost Warrior must be a lot better than metacritic says.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm the opposite of surprised.

Lego anything does well with the Nintendo audience and there is a lack of games for Switch.

EDIT: Just saw US numbers, it had a shitty opening across all platforms as well. But maybe legs will be better.

A rare but blissful moment where I can say I totally agree with you. The Switch will have plenty of games by the end of the year though. I believe in Nintendos ability to put out quality content because theyve proven it.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is doing better on Switch because it is a portable title. I mean, Tetris did explode in popularity with Game Boy, after all. And that is nothing against the game - I own it and was playing it before typing this post - but it does not fit as well as a stationary title as it does as one you can take with you to the doctor or dentist or anywhere to play for a few minutes and then put it away.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

zorg1000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

there is a lack of games for Switch.

twintail said:
And there is tons of other software on PS4/ X1
Darwinianevolution said:
there aren't that many Switch games around
Rem87919394 said:
there isn't much to play on Switch and a ton of things on PS4 to buy
Areym said:
Ehh, I mean the PS4 has much better offerings than a Lego game so I'm not surprised in the least.
HintHRO said:
The other consoles are packed with newer content.
TallSilhouette said:

Called it, its funny how this argument comes up every time a Switch games does well.

Zelda sells over 2 million. Yeah, well its not like there is anything else to play.

1-2 Switch is on track to sell 1 million. Yeah, well what else are people supposed to buy?

Bomberman sells over 500k. Not suprising, Switch owners gotta buy something.

Snipperclips sells 350k. Not like there are alot of options.

Neo Geo Classics sell over 200k. Switch owners are really desperate for games.

Lego City debuts higher than PS4/XBO versions. Switch has no games, PS4/XBO have alot.

Mario Kart sells over 1 million in one day and sets franchise record. Not impressed, its the first game in almost 2 months.

Maybe at some point we can just admit that Switch is doing well.

I would agree with you if Switch was a home console,(many forget and assume its a home console that competes with PS4/XB1 in comparisons) but its a portable with an option of TV out. We already know that Nintendo portables does very well with software espcially with the popular games, and all the games which sold well are good fit for portables and they are not much games to play also which contributes a bit.

Lets see in long term how much it holds well and if any one of the big 3rd party games solds well in Switch than PS4/XB1 then I will say its a big success for Nintendo, and I can bet that Switch willl do great with Indie titles and their IP's which is usual because you buy Nintendo hardware for their games mostly, but not so much with AAA games of 3rd party (mostly it will never get big games). 

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Rem87919394 said:
Areym said:
Ehh, I mean the PS4 has much better offerings than a Lego game so I'm not surprised in the least.
HintHRO said:
TallSilhouette said:

Called it, its funny how this argument comes up every time a Switch games does well.

Zelda sells over 2 million. Yeah, well its not like there is anything else to play.

1-2 Switch is on track to sell 1 million. Yeah, well what else are people supposed to buy?

Lego City debuts higher than PS4/XBO versions. Switch has no games, PS4/XBO have alot.

Mario Kart sells over 1 million in one day and sets franchise record. Not impressed, its the first game in almost 2 months.

and? is that statement still not true? It's literally common sense, PS4 has more games, meaning consumers have more games to purchase. It's not like consumers have unlimited money.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

zorg1000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Rem87919394 said:
Areym said:
HintHRO said:
TallSilhouette said:

Nobody is denying Switch is doing well.

X1 and PS4 did really well at launch as well and so did their small library.

When I got my X1 at launch I also bought Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse, BF4, CoD:Ghosts and a few downloadable games. Hence, I wanted games on a platform lacking.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm not surprised, I remember back in the day when the PS3 was starved for games, I bought anything I was even remotely interested in.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
I'm not surprised, I remember back in the day when the PS3 was starved for games, I bought anything I was even remotely interested in.

Yup. This generation, I actually bought Bloodborne mainly because there was very slim pickings in the beginning for the PS4.

So people buying whatever they can get their hands on for the Switch or certain titles dong better on that platform doesn't surprise me in the least and people shouldn't read too much into it. Not saying the Switch isn't succesful, though. It's too early to tell one way or the other.

Have to wonder about Tetris, though. Do people still play that, it's so dull and simplistic? I guess it's always going to be new for some people. Why don't they re-release Pong while they're at it?

Was going to get this digitally but yeah, here in Ireland the digital version of it is 60 and the physical copy is around 45, makes zero sense to me that I would have to pay more to get less from Nintendo so I left off the purchase, 15 is just too big a price to pay for convenience.

Shame too the game looks amazing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive