By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lego City Undercover sold more on Switch than PS4 X1 in U.S

Tagged games:

Pyro as Bill said:
LEGO I can understand but what's the 60m PS4 owners excuse for Puyo Puyo Tetris doing better on Switch (UK at least). It's ~50% more expensive than the PS4 version and Switch is sold out. No3 on Switch's UK digital chart too.

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

No guns/giant Swords or scantily clad women or super realistic graphics

I wish I was joking, but that seems what sells on PS4/Xbox ONE, plus racing/sports simulation games, to the exclusion of almost everything else

Around the Network
Dante9 said:

Yup. This generation, I actually bought Bloodborne mainly because there was very slim pickings in the beginning for the PS4.

So people buying whatever they can get their hands on for the Switch or certain titles dong better on that platform doesn't surprise me in the least and people shouldn't read too much into it. Not saying the Switch isn't succesful, though. It's too early to tell one way or the other.

Have to wonder about Tetris, though. Do people still play that, it's so dull and simplistic? I guess it's always going to be new for some people. Why don't they re-release Pong while they're at it?

You actually bought Bloodborne? What do you mean you actually bought Bloodborne? That game is fantastic and Bloodborne 2 would be an instant buy even with PS4's current line up. I'm offended bro. 

zorg1000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

there is a lack of games for Switch.

twintail said:
And there is tons of other software on PS4/ X1
Darwinianevolution said:
there aren't that many Switch games around
Rem87919394 said:
there isn't much to play on Switch and a ton of things on PS4 to buy
Areym said:
Ehh, I mean the PS4 has much better offerings than a Lego game so I'm not surprised in the least.
HintHRO said:
The other consoles are packed with newer content.
TallSilhouette said:

Having lots of other games to play. 

Called it, its funny how this argument comes up every time a Switch games does well.

Zelda sells over 2 million. Yeah, well its not like there is anything else to play.

1-2 Switch is on track to sell 1 million. Yeah, well what else are people supposed to buy?

Bomberman sells over 500k. Not suprising, Switch owners gotta buy something.

Snipperclips sells 350k. Not like there are alot of options.

Neo Geo Classics sell over 200k. Switch owners are really desperate for games.

Lego City debuts higher than PS4/XBO versions. Switch has no games, PS4/XBO have alot.

Mario Kart sells over 1 million in one day and sets franchise record. Not impressed, its the first game in almost 2 months.

Maybe at some point we can just admit that Switch is doing well.

We can't really say the Switch is so doing well when it's complete software line up is on the front page AND on the best sellers list of the eShop because there's nothing else to view. Even the very succesful PS4 can't manage to sell every game above the 200k because there's too much to choose from. You can't be surpised if the only small supermarket in a city is always sold out. 

Consider what other games have come out recently or ARE coming out on the other platforms. Users on here may splooge in their shorts over the ability to play Tetris on the go once again or revisit a last gen unlicensed LEGO game, but the gaming community at large is talking about stuff like Prey, Sniper Elite 3, etc.

Bandorr said:
zorg1000 said:

Called it, its funny how this argument comes up every time a Switch games does well.

Zelda sells over 2 million. Yeah, well its not like there is anything else to play.

1-2 Switch is on track to sell 1 million. Yeah, well what else are people supposed to buy?

Bomberman sells over 500k. Not suprising, Switch owners gotta buy something.

Snipperclips sells 350k. Not like there are alot of options.

Neo Geo Classics sell over 200k. Switch owners are really desperate for games.

Lego City debuts higher than PS4/XBO versions. Switch has no games, PS4/XBO have alot.

Mario Kart sells over 1 million in one day and sets franchise record. Not impressed, its the first game in almost 2 months.

Maybe at some point we can just admit that Switch is doing well.

The issue is - most of those points are correct. Bomberman, Snipperclips, Neo Geo, 1-2 etc all came out at around the same time. At the beginning of a launch cycle that saw Zelda as the only big title.

Zelda is a re-difining open world game. and also the only AAA game until the end of April. So nearly two months.

Mario kart was a slightly done better version of the one on the wii U. They just happened to put it on a system that people actually want.  A good game on a good system.  And it was the only AAA since Zelda at the beginning of march.

PS4 has been around for almost 4 years. And had a ton of games in Jan, horizon in Feb, Nier in March, oh yeah and Persona 5 in April. Persona 5 launched THE SAME DAY as lego undercover.

So factually - every point there is accurate. You are just taking each point in the most dramatic negative away possible so you can play the victim.

not playing victim, just find it funny how nobody can seem to just say, "good job, nice sales", there has literally been an excuse for every single Switch title that has sold well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42834/USA/

Not sure if this might change with Europe (I think Lego Games do the best there), but it's interesting to see a Switch version of a Multiplat do better than the other versions. IS it just Undercover or could this be a good sign?

No suprise there it's more a kid game than adult so.....

I'd like to see a better source on this, the game is tracking very low on Nintendo's digital charts, which I know aren't the be all, end all, but still.

There's also a decent chance the game just completely bombed on PS4/XB1.

Bandorr said:
zorg1000 said:

not playing victim, just find it funny how nobody can seem to just say, "good job, nice sales", there has literally been an excuse for every single Switch title that has sold well.

Even saying "excuse" over "reason" shows how you are feeling. Also take note of the thread and the OP. It ends in a question. A question that wouldn't be answered with "good job, nice sales".

If the thread was "Lego uncharted on the switch sales X" you would have gotten those replies. When it is "X outsells Y. Why do you think that is" you will get people stating why one game sold more than another, and reasons why the other didn't sell so well etc.

im not just talking about this thread, it has literally been every thread about the sales of software on Switch.

people buy games because they are interested in them, they dont just buy things they dont want.

All the games on Switch that have sold well have done so because people want those games, simple as that.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Bandorr said:
I forgot it already released.

Looking at the dates it came out exactly the same day as Persona 5.

So should explain everything.

Persona 5 only released on PS4, so that doesnt explain XB1 aswell. 

I only wonder at what point do Switch owners have games to play. July? 10 first party releases? At the end of 2018?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988