By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lego City Undercover sold more on Switch than PS4 X1 in U.S

Tagged games:

Bofferbrauer said:
TallSilhouette said:

You say that like the two best sellers on Switch by a huge margin aren't a game with giant swords + scantily clad women and a racing game, lol (and the next best seller is likely to be a shooter). 

Of course it sells on Switch too

But a game like Bomberman R or ARMS probably wouldn't fly high on a non-Nintendo console these days.

Jump 'n run, Puzzle Games, lighthearted games in general, these all probably have way better chances on a Nintendo console than on a Xbox or Playstation nowadays

I think most games have more chances on ps4 at least,  just check the number of million sellers(or 500 k sellers as some games don't actuallu need to sell that much to be succesful) on ps consoles. There is a huge diversity

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

there is a lack of games for Switch.

twintail said:
And there is tons of other software on PS4/ X1
Darwinianevolution said:
there aren't that many Switch games around
Rem87919394 said:
there isn't much to play on Switch and a ton of things on PS4 to buy
Areym said:
Ehh, I mean the PS4 has much better offerings than a Lego game so I'm not surprised in the least.
HintHRO said:
The other consoles are packed with newer content.
TallSilhouette said:

Having lots of other games to play. 

Called it, its funny how this argument comes up every time a Switch games does well.

Zelda sells over 2 million. Yeah, well its not like there is anything else to play.

1-2 Switch is on track to sell 1 million. Yeah, well what else are people supposed to buy?

Bomberman sells over 500k. Not suprising, Switch owners gotta buy something.

Snipperclips sells 350k. Not like there are alot of options.

Neo Geo Classics sell over 200k. Switch owners are really desperate for games.

Lego City debuts higher than PS4/XBO versions. Switch has no games, PS4/XBO have alot.

Mario Kart sells over 1 million in one day and sets franchise record. Not impressed, its the first game in almost 2 months.

Maybe at some point we can just admit that Switch is doing well.

Those numbers are just getting small as you go... 

LivingMetal said:
zorg1000 said:

Called it, its funny how this argument comes up every time a Switch games does well.

Zelda sells over 2 million. Yeah, well its not like there is anything else to play.

1-2 Switch is on track to sell 1 million. Yeah, well what else are people supposed to buy?

Bomberman sells over 500k. Not suprising, Switch owners gotta buy something.

Snipperclips sells 350k. Not like there are alot of options.

Neo Geo Classics sell over 200k. Switch owners are really desperate for games.

Lego City debuts higher than PS4/XBO versions. Switch has no games, PS4/XBO have alot.

Mario Kart sells over 1 million in one day and sets franchise record. Not impressed, its the first game in almost 2 months.

Maybe at some point we can just admit that Switch is doing well.

Those numbers are just getting small as you go... 

Did you intentionally miss Mario Kart?

Leading in Europe

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42834/Europe/

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Another succesful third party story on Switch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I know the reason for it :D PS4 players play big and amazing story / gameplay games ala Persona 5, Yakuza Zero, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ni-Oh, Nier Automata right now. And other games like Mass Effect, Yooka-Laylee, RE7 ect. There is no time for small & old games like Lego City Undercover ^^ Let's see how the official sales figures of this Lego Game will look.

This is even more impressive, because many Switch owners probably played the game on WiiU and I don't think many bought this again for Switch for this high price.

KazumaKiryu said:

I know the reason for it :D PS4 players play great and amazing story / gameplay games ala Persona 5, Yakuza Zero, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ni-Oh, Nier Automata right now. And other games like Mass Effect, Yooka-Laylee ect. There is no time for small games like Lego ^^

You know Lego City ist probably bigger (production) than many of the games you mentioned and has a good story and gameplay on top of that :D

KazumaKiryu said:

I know the reason for it :D PS4 players play big and amazing story / gameplay games ala Persona 5, Yakuza Zero, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ni-Oh, Nier Automata right now. And other games like Mass Effect, Yooka-Laylee, RE7 ect. There is no time for small & old games like Lego City Undercover ^^ Let's see how the official sales figures of this Lego Game will look.

Lmao

Pocky Lover Boy!