By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lego City Undercover sold more on Switch than PS4 X1 in U.S

Tagged games:

Bofferbrauer said:
TallSilhouette said:

You say that like the two best sellers on Switch by a huge margin aren't a game with giant swords + scantily clad women and a racing game, lol (and the next best seller is likely to be a shooter). 

Of course it sells on Switch too

But a game like Bomberman R or ARMS probably wouldn't fly high on a non-Nintendo console these days.

Jump 'n run, Puzzle Games, lighthearted games in general, these all probably have way better chances on a Nintendo console than on a Xbox or Playstation nowadays

Apparently there are still different markets and enough to support 3 systems.  The market never really supported 3 systems at once till Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft (examples: Atari and Sega).  So now you have two almost identical systems and 1 unique system. 

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
TallSilhouette said:

You say that like the two best sellers on Switch by a huge margin aren't a game with giant swords + scantily clad women and a racing game, lol (and the next best seller is likely to be a shooter). 

But a game like Bomberman R or ARMS probably wouldn't fly high on a non-Nintendo console these days

Well, as has been said repeatedly here, Bomberman R may not have sold so well if the library was larger when it released (not like it's a great game or anything). Arms does look worthy of success, though. Its aesthetic is in line with Nintendo's market but I don't see why it wouldn't succeed elsewhere, too. Minecraft and Rocket League, for example, have been wild successes all over. 

TallSilhouette said:
Bofferbrauer said:

But a game like Bomberman R or ARMS probably wouldn't fly high on a non-Nintendo console these days

Well, as has been said repeatedly here, Bomberman R may not have sold so well if the library was larger when it released (not like it's a great game or anything). Arms does look worthy of success, though. Its aesthetic is in line with Nintendo's market but I don't see why it wouldn't succeed elsewhere, too. Minecraft and Rocket League, for example, have been wild successes all over. 

Yes, but these where huge hits already before getting ported to consoles, so their hype got transplanted from the PC, too. Had they started their life on the consoles, I doubt there would be much talk about either of them and would have gotten drowned by the more high profile releases

Bofferbrauer said:
TallSilhouette said:

Yes, but these where huge hits already before getting ported to consoles, so their hype got transplanted from the PC, too. Had they started their life on the consoles, I doubt there would be much talk about either of them and would have gotten drowned by the more high profile releases

Rocket League released simultaneously on PS4 and PC, blowing up in particular when the PS+ community gave it a try. Minecraft did indeed start on PC, though. 

Some salty bitches up in here.

Anyway, cool. I'm not interested in LEGO games whatsoever, but good for them.

Around the Network

Ah. Now back to the topic: I am having fun playing Lego City Undercover. I play the story missions when I am at home and explore the city for collectables when I am on lunch break at work.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Same in Germany

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42834/Germany/

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Bofferbrauer said:
TallSilhouette said:

Uhh, Rocket League was popularized by PS+. It suddenly had a millions of people playing it from the start. PC was very integral to its success, but it wouldn't be as popular if not for the quick start PS+ gave it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Shows the difference in demographics, no real surprise here. Most of the Lego games have don quite well on Nintendo consoles, to my recollection.

I just played the game yesterday and the fps in portable mode is god awful. Holy shit. Playing in docked in acceptable but I wouldn't recommended undocked. It literally made my eyes hurt.